McMillan Experience

gbflyer

WKR
I can't find a vendor feedback area, hope this is acceptable.

I recently ordered a new Hunters Edge stock for a lightweight build I'm doing on a Borden Mountaineer action. Thinking it's going to be a sheep/goat rig, hopefully I'll muster up the ambition to go use it. Anyway, I have several McMillans and they make me happy. I've read a lot about the other "M" company that makes a very popular lightweight stock so I asked there. They said they didn't know anything about that inlet and I'd have to call "my gunsmith." Posed the same request to McMillan. Within 4 hours I got a reply stating that they gave Jim Borden a call and we now know what we need to inlet it for you. Simple as that.

That's customer service for you, other "M" company.

So, my new McMillan is on order. They say 5 months. The last time they told me that it was done 12 weeks. I'm in no hurry at any rate.

Jd259

WKR
Same experience here, ordered one from the “m” manufactur and they told me six months so I called after 7 months and asked what the status was and they said that they had done a big group buy and that mine would be another 4 months, needless to say a canceled my order and called McMillan and ordered an inlet ready game warden they inleted it for a defiance action and it was at my house in 2 weeks can’t say enough about those guys they’ve got my business for life.

OP
G

gbflyer

WKR
Really like the Game Hunter. I put one on my wife/boys 7mm-08. Had them use the Edge fill and adjustable butt spacers. Very comfortable.

willidru

WKR
I had ordered a stock for my tikka from the other "M" last year. I was quoted 4-6 months 8-9 months later I was told my stock was done (after it missed 2 of my hunts) I told them to keep it. Very difficult to get a hold of as well, however I understand once you have their products they are outstanding.

I have since ordered from McMillian quoted 4-6 months (still in that time frame) the upfront service has been great. They have called me a couple times on their own to confirm details on my order.