Changes to your 2018 system

sneaky

"DADDY"
Then what was the point of bringing it up in your first post...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly. If he wants to throw shade at who he is implying then he better be man enough to say what he thinks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Exactly. Most of us know who he is talking about, but why bring it up if you're not willing to discuss it? This isn't Twitter for hell's sake.

SWOHTR

WKR
There's only one individual I know of who fits the Sitka/Howa criteria and can't figure out what happened? Or is this a bunch of 8th grade gossip?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
mfllood3800
I have a confession. After reading every bodies posts, I didn't list all my stuff. I am not gonna either- too embarrassing. But reading every post, I realized I didn't capture all my upgrades.

It's Sneaky's fault for my WM sleeping bag, pad. He set me up with a decent elk area, and I didn't want to get in there and sissy out cause I was cold.

This one hunt caused me to upgrade a few things I forgot about.

Last edited:

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I am still working out all the gear changes for this year, but so far:

1. Trying the Outdoor Vitals MummyPod both on the pad and in the hammock.
2. Seekins Havak rifle in 300 WM - can't wait.
3. Javelin Bipod.
4. Nightforce ATACR 4-16X50.
5. Seek Outside Peregrine.
6. FHF Pro Bino Harness.
7. Razco holster.
8. Binos? We'll see.
9. Rangefinder? We'll see.
10. Clothing? I really like the looks of the new Sitka and First Lite stuff. Great companies.

This is just the starter list of changes I'm sure.
My case of GAS is chronic. ;)

mt100gr.

WKR
Would somebody please fill us in on the Newberg - Sitka secret?? I'm slow but Howa and "RN" just kinda spilled it.....

In a new thread please, I don't want to detract/derail this one.

Let'r rip!! :)

SWOHTR

WKR
I’d also like to know when Sitka is going to release their 2018 big game lineup. There’s a few things I want, and I want to know when they’re going to update the site.

Btw I hope they do the sun hat in OC or a solid.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I’d also like to know when Sitka is going to release their 2018 big game lineup. There’s a few things I want, and I want to know when they’re going to update the site.

Btw I hope they do the sun hat in OC or a solid.

The new stuff will start shipping in April from what the guys at Mtn Archery told me. I tend to believe them since they are the largest Sitka retailer in the country. I'm waiting on the new Apex pants and pullover. Should be in just in time for spring bear.

FlyGuy

WKR
Got a lot of my first quality hunting and outdoor gear this past winter. This will all be used for my PA whitetail woods as well as backpacking out west and possibly sheep, goat, or elk hunting (tagging along, I'm not doing the shooting)

Please don't critique me too hard since I'm a broke college student lol. I have to think with my wallet which is pretty tight but I put most of my money towards hunting gear. It's not all perfect but it's a start.

Alps outdoors commander pack + bag (it was a gift, so it will have to do for a while)

Sitka Equinox pants and jacket, fanatic hoody, lightweight hoody. I know it's whitetail stuff but I do a ton of hiking/shed hunting in it and I'm comfortable with it for a week of backpacking and serious hiking.

Kuiu super down ultra hooded jacket. (Won it)

Patagonia Torrentshell rain jacket, Sitka Dewpoint pants.

Kenetrek Hardscrabble hikers, hiking gaiters, OR Rocky mountain high gaiters.

Vortex crossfire 8x42 and diamondback 10x42 with a vortex bino bivy.

Will be buying more stuff in the future, appreciate any input.
You are Soooooo much further ahead than I was in my late 30's!

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

PNWTO

Lil-Rokslider
Would somebody please fill us in on the Newberg - Sitka secret?? I'm slow but Howa and "RN" just kinda spilled it.....

In a new thread please, I don't want to detract/derail this one.

Let'r rip!! :)

People don’t like randy newberg now? PM if need be I don’t follow social media drama.

mt100gr.

WKR
People don’t like randy newberg now? PM if need be I don’t follow social media drama.

I'm not sure....earlier posts alluded to some sort of sponsorship drama. Personally, I like him. Had a nice chat with him 2 weekends ago at the MT WSF fundraiser.

applepie_eli

Lil-Rokslider
You are Soooooo much further ahead than I was in my late 30's!

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Haha I'm 21 and I'm fortunate enough to be able to commute to college from home while still working about 30 hours a week. I know I should be saving that money at this point, but I don't have many expenses other than gas and helping out with a few bills so it's more fun to buy gear lol. And I figure now is the time to start buying all this stuff, before I have more responsibilities and have to start paying back loans haha. Plus, I'm out in the woods almost every day for a couple hours after school or all day on the weekends, so it's definitely worth it to me to buy quality stuff.

Most of all though, I just have a spending addiction...

204guy

WKR
I believe he got banned from hunttalk for making his little cringe worthy conservative remarks like he does here.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
mfllood3800
I thought RN was Ralph Nader, Richard Nixon, ?

Who cares who likes who and who doesn't. The off season is often filled with filler junk. It manifests in forums like this.
In a couple weeks I will be out turkey hunting with my bow. Wont have time to sit at a computer trying to figure out what to say or do next.
My life will be whole again.
LOL

I like Randy.
I don't watch all his stuff as it seems repetitive, but I like him.
I like the GB. But I quit watching it months ago as it is now just a show to me. - I miss the Scottish guy, and cousin Ben and Anthony. Yea, Aron is always fun to listen to as well. But I don't care for the "show" any more. But I like the GB.

I'm actually tired of most podcasts, hunting videos etc. It seems they have all crested in their attraction for me and no longer feed my need for endorphin release.

I want to be in the woods. I am sure you are all about the same.

That's why I brought this thread up.
Lets talk gear. New gear.
Lets talk about the good gear, we use. Not what someone wants to sell us, as they serve their promotional sponsorship.

This is why I come to Rokslide. It feeds my need for what I want.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I thought RN was Ralph Nader, Richard Nixon, ?

Who cares who likes who and who doesn't. The off season is often filled with filler junk. It manifests in forums like this.
In a couple weeks I will be out turkey hunting with my bow. Wont have time to sit at a computer trying to figure out what to say or do next.
My life will be whole again.
LOL

I like Randy.
I don't watch all his stuff as it seems repetitive, but I like him.
I like the GB. But I quit watching it months ago as it is now just a show to me. - I miss the Scottish guy, and cousin Ben and Anthony. Yea, Aron is always fun to listen to as well. But I don't care for the "show" any more. But I like the GB.

I'm actually tired of most podcasts, hunting videos etc. It seems they have all crested in their attraction for me and no longer feed my need for endorphin release.

I want to be in the woods. I am sure you are all about the same.

That's why I brought this thread up.
Lets talk gear. New gear.
Lets talk about the good gear, we use. Not what someone wants to sell us, as they serve their promotional sponsorship.

This is why I come to Rokslide. It feeds my need for what I want.
I figured you were just researching high fence elk ranches with primitive camp grounds nearby lol

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
JWP58, if you have issues with Randy take it up with him. BTW, I talked to Randy and he explained why you got banned. None of that matters on Rokslide, unless you want it to.

Last edited:
Basically everything will remain the same for me, I have all I could need to get the job done. Making one small change in the weapon of choice, bought a new bow to make my time in the field a bit more challenging, hope she shoots where I am looking.

jhm2023

WKR
I made quite a few changes since last season. I upgraded my rifle for smaller critters to a Cooper M92 backcountry in 7 rem mag and cutting edge bullets maximus to reload for it. For the bigger critters I ordered an MRC X2 in 33 Nosler topped with a Leupold VX-5. For shelter I switched from a Kuiu mountain star 2P to a Seek outside cimmaron for lightweight stuff and an Arctic oven igloo for hunts that aren't so weight restrictive. For my pack I went from a Kuiu Icon pro 7200 to a Stone Glacier sky talus. Lots of changes for me and plenty of testing to be done once winter breaks.