UTV windshields

Dusty2426

WKR
When you decide make sure it has some airflow through the cab if not the dust that will be sucked back in from the rear is unbearable. I’ve had 3 different ones and have just decided it’s not worth it no more than I’m in the rain compared to dirt

204guy

WKR
I would go either half or all the way to full glass with a wiper. Nothing in between. Depends how far you want to go, doors and a back window will up cooler weather comfort a bunch.

Also that one in your link looks like it would be dangerous using it open with the back edge of that plexi right at forehead level.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

dah605

Lil-Rokslider
I have a full, folding windshield on my UTV. I've been in some muddy situations and ended up with too much to clean off. Having the option of folding it down and still being able to see was very helpful.

-David

LostArra

WKR
When you decide make sure it has some airflow through the cab if not the dust that will be sucked back in from the rear is unbearable. I’ve had 3 different ones and have just decided it’s not worth it no more than I’m in the rain compared to dirt

I had the same experience on a friend's ranger. Dust was terrible and I've never put a windshield (or roof) on mine.

I did ride in a full cab ranger in Wyo and it was nice when it was frigid

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dusty2426

WKR
I had the same experience on a friend's ranger. Dust was terrible and I've never put a windshield (or roof) on mine.

I did ride in a full cab ranger in Wyo and it was nice when it was frigid

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh yes they are nice when it’s super cold or raining. But I weighed how often I’m in that condition versus how many I’m in dry conditions and cutting dust on my guns and gear wins. The time I spent cleaning gear I can bundle up or put on a rain slicker

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I use my dad's 2013 Cam Am Commander in some nasty weather in ID and I like having the windshield. (His is full plexi) In the summer dust can be an issue but rarely when I take it hunting.

BluMtn

WKR
Definitely get the Super ATV windshield. Best one on the market. We started with a half windshield and after the first heavy rain storm we were in it went down the road and replaced with the super ATV. The second thing you want is to install a mesh net across the back of the cab. It will break up the wind circling up from the back and prevent most of the dust from coming in the cab, but will still allow air to move through the cab.

Dust is a big issue when you put a full windshield on and you plan on running it during the summer months. You will need to purchase a back windshield as well to help airflow. Without it air that flows over your roof to the back of the machine sucks right into the cab and makes it miserable on dusty roads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MCR

FNG
I have a ranger with a hard top. Bought it from my brother in law and he had a 1/2 windshield on it. I put a full windshield on it and you can loosen knob and adjust for airflow/ventilation. Forgot the brand. I have a soft case that holds 2 guns and has storage pockets that strap on the back that goes where a back window would be. Attaches below the roof and above the bed. I absolutey love the windshield. I hear everyone say how much dust they get in the cab with a front windshield. Maybe its because of the gun case but I never have that problem. Roads here in AZ are very dry and dusty. It gets cold here up in the mountains and it sure makes a huge difference in making it more comfortable without having that wind in your face. Even when its hot outside I like not having the wind blowing in my face.

I use a half windshield
Full rear window
And have no dust
Driven in lots of rain and I just bend down a little and am good to go

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

gumbl3

WKR
I made my own out of Lexan.. Originally was a full fixed windshield but didn't take long for me to cut it in half and add a hinge making a folder