The Old "Snip-Snip"

Thinking about having it done some time in the next few months. We've got two little girls now, a 3 year old and a 10 month old, and I don't know if I want to chance having another girl just to "try" for a boy. I'm happy as can be with the two that we have, but having a boy would be awesome. I just don't know if I want to risk being outnumbered even more than I already am.

Has anyone had the "snip-snip" done recently? Curious about what to expect in terms of the procedure? Pain, needles, visuals, etc. I understand that it's often done like any regular appointment. Is it a one on one deal, or will there be nurses and others in attendance?

Just trying to get my head wrapped around this so I know what to expect when I go in.

dotman

WKR
Yup, super quick and easy. There is slight pain but nothing horrible and it’s quick. I did the scalpel less or whatever it’s called but they still use a scalpel. Talked to the dr the entire time, took maybe 10mins to do it or less. Biggest advice is to give yourself 3 days of doing nothing but keeping ice on the boys.

People run into problems because they feel better and become active to early, don’t rush the recovery and have constant ice on them.

I did this a little over a year ago, mine was just one on one, no nurses during procedure.

Last edited:

Scrappy

WKR
I think if I was gonna have it done I'd be looking for a female doc. Just saying....

Cdpp880

WKR
I just had it done 2 hours ago, not the most comfortable thing but not horrible. Only took about 10min, one very small incision. No visual and talked with the DR the whole time. I’m sitting on the couch with them iced down. Not really any pain now but just some discomfort for now. Everyone I know that had problem did not listen to the dr and starting doing things too soon. My DR said nothing for 3 days, 4 more of VERY light duty. Said after 9days should be back to normal.

Trial153

WKR
Did it two years ago. Took 15 minutes for the procedure and maybe an hour total in the office. Nothing too it, really can’t say it was even that uncomfortable in all honesty. Couple doses of ibuprofen for swelling and I was in business the next day.

I had the no scalpel procedure done about eight or nine years ago. No problems, very quick, relatively painless (except when they pull the tape off- that almost got the Dr punched...). Mine was mostly just the Dr, there was nurse present for a portion, but she left before the actual procedure.
I timed it so I went in on a Saturday morning, and recouped all day and had the super bowl on sunday. Wife couldn't complain at all that I lounged around on the couch all weekend...

H2PVon

Lil-Rokslider
I would advise not driving 13 hours to the beach the night of and riding waves on a boogie board the next two-three days.

Had this done 5 yrs ago, Like others have said it is pretty quick and mostly pain free. The Dr. did have to give me another shot midway through as when he made one of the cuts I felt it pretty good. The nurses were present for the procedure prep, which ends with you laying on the bed with nothing but the boys hanging out and Iodine everywhere. All in all it was completely worth it, I was hunting and killed an Antelope a exactly a week after the procedure.

PNWGATOR

WKR
A tip I learned after the fact was to make sure your wife knows that after things are healed up it's imperative there is a daily functions check for six weeks post op.

SunShine

Lil-Rokslider
I wouldn’t do it.

Had a friend who did it and always complained it was the one thing he regretted in his life. Pain and discomfort.

Not to mention if you want to try for a kid again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CAhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I had it done last year. It was quick and easy with only some mild discomfort. Until I tried to go for a run the next week. It put me down for the rest of the day. Listen to your Dr. and take it easy for a bit after the procedure.

AustinL911

Lil-Rokslider
I had it done at the age of 27. I have no kids (I think) and want to keep it that way.

The procedure was cake. Take a valium 30min before you arrive. Take 3 more in the waiting room. I fell asleep on the procedure table. I woke up to about 8 people standing around me. The Urologist said, we've got residents and med students here who want to see this, as well as a few other folks who just want to see your nuts. I was so screwed up on valium I didn't give a sh!t; get ya some! I had the no needle/no scalpel version. The initial 'prick' of the lidocaine injector made me jump, but the subsequent injections were cake. No discomfort whatsoever. The legitimately gave me a bag of frozen peas to take home with me. I slept the rest of the day when I got home. And it felt like someone gave me a swift kick to the nuts for about a day.

Super simple. Mostly painless. No worries of crotchfruit rearing their ugly heads in the future. And I'm free to hunt whenever and wherever I want. Life is good.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
Its not bad at all. I may have called my wife a "sadistic harpy" when she was driving me home after. I also said some dr evil quotes during and after.

S6yKRpY.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

cnelk

WKR
Buck up buttercup. Did it over 20 yrs ago.

Piece o cake - you'll never forget the 4" needle going into your testicles

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
xiaoxu425