Adblock/Funding Forums

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
I've been thinking about funding for forums since I got an email from another forum I use occasionally asking for support. I'm not sure what traffic levels are on that site but the forum owner brought up a drop in adclicks(due to ad blocking software). While I know its a business and its up to the business owners to keep their model alive. I would rather a site owner make money off of me clicking on relevant sponsored ads vs selling my browsing activity(like facebook).

If you find value in a *free* service I would encourage you to disable adblock on those sites. https://www.screencast.com/t/2CdRTE6Gb

Full disclosure - I've helped Ryan with some web stuff on rokslide and have recieved trade for my work. I originally approached Ryan because I wanted to help contribute to a site I use. I've already had adblock disabled on rokslide for testing ads on the articles. The owner of that other forum is really what got my gears turning on this and made me rethink my ad-blocking ways on sites I use.

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
The thing is......regardless whether I can see the ads or not, I NEVER click on ads in any format.......even the google listed results that come up as "ads". So, if all they're counting is "click-throughs"......that isn't helping them.