New Board Suggestion

Would you like to see a board for members/sponsors selling hunts?

• Yes

Votes: 25 43.9%
  • No

Votes: 32 56.1%

• Total voters
Would you like to see a board for members/sponsors selling hunts? I picked up a discounted Canadian moose hunt here last fall from a post on the Rokslide Classifieds and had the best time hunting I ever experienced. The guys who were booked to go had to cancel very close to their scheduled hunt. Their lost was my gain. I'm thinking a board for such opportunities might be cool...what do you think? Basically a board where hunts can be advertised for sale from guys who can't use theirs or landowner tag offers or guided outfitters, you name it. Sometimes ya don't get drawn and hafta look elsewhere. Thought it would be a cool addition to RS.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Sounds like a cluter **** of outfitters lining up to post for free.

Btaylor

WKR
I can see the benefit to guys looking for those types of hunts but certainly see Ryan's point too. That could be a real pain to run herd on. Would almost have to put a fee on those memberships to cut down on the knuckleheads.

As a young guide in Alaska who is just trying to get my own business off the ground, with openings for sheep and grizzly, I would be all for it.

There is a similar page for outfitters selling their hunts on the accurate reloading forum, it seems to work quite well with some basic ground rules.

Not a fan of turning this into a pay to play site. I have nothing against others wanting to hire a guide but I’ve always enjoyed this site being for the do it yourselfer. I voted no.

bmart2622

WKR
Dont like it. I come to Rokslide for gear reviews, advice, tips and tactics, there are other site to find hunts.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
If this is a vote I'll say no thanks. I'm pretty happy with the crowd this site attracts right now why take a chance and upset the whole applecart?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sounds like a cluter **** of outfitters lining up to post for free.

X2

And I AM an outfitter. Lol! That would probably cause me to visit and participate less. I’m all for y’all generating some additional revenue but would prefer almost any way except selling hunts. Plenty of sites for selling hunts. I’d prefer a banner that would say “contributing member” that would appear for 360 days after a voluntary donation and/or a special content section for contributing members. Just an idea.

I think the OP suggestion would end up causing fundamental changes to RS. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to see it, just another board topic and if you don't like it you don't have to click on the section. It would certainly benefit both an outfitter trying to sell a hunt and a member looking for a specific hunt. You never know when the right deal for the right specie will come along...

There are several board topics on RS that I don't care about, so I don't look at them. Those opposed to this could simply not click on the board topic.

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
I would say no. I suspect Ryan, Robby and possibly Rokstaff would be getting PM’d any time someone was dissatisfied with their hunt, justified or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Trial153

WKR
I don’t see why we need a separate section for this.

What’s wrong with members posting in an appropriate forum.

For example:
Moose

He guys I have 20xx moose hunt in the Yukon that have deposit on that I can’t make and I would like to sell. Please PM me is your interested. Serious inquires only. Thanks.

Stwrt9

WKR
if something like this is offered on rokslide there should be a listing fee charged. this would help to offset costs to help keep the site free for the rest of us ;)

I voted yes, but if and only if there is a fee. this is more of a DIY site where you come for info not necessarily to buy hunts. But i understand that this is a free site, and you are always looking to expand and grow revenue be it through advertisers or fees and personally i like that this site is free.

Last edited:

NDGuy

WKR
Short answer: No

Long Answer:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

lif

WKR
I think original post is coming from the right place with the thought but HELL to the NO!!! I come on here to meet others looking to figure hunts out Not buy hunts. In an industry that has a big ball of rich man money leading the way, I’m against any extra advertising for selling hunts. I understand some hunting is just that way but I’m personally not looking for that experience.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
xiaoxu425