Cabelas In Store Shipping for Firearms SLOW

skunk

FNG
I thought I'd post this as a warning to anyone else thinking about ordering a firearm from Cabelas that needed to be shipped from another store: Prepare yourself for it to take longer than they say it will or better yet, buy from someone else who actually knows how to ship things and keep promises.

I ordered a new rifle from them over 2 weeks ago and despite their website stating it would arrive in 5-8 business days, it has now been 11 business days as of today.

After it was late, I contacted Cabelas customer service and they basically don't have any ability whatsoever to track the shipment as they apparently use their own trucks to move items between stores. All the customer service people told me is that it was coming from western Nebraska to my store in Wisconsin and the truck will stop at other stores on the way. That's a 13 hour drive from here and if they stopped at all 4 Cabelas stores from there to here, that'd leave them almost 3 days at each store. Seems quite ridiculous to me. To fix this situation, they are sending me a $25 gift card... For a $2000 purchase. What a joke.

Right now I'm just waiting for them to tell me they never actually loaded it on the truck and it'll be another 5-8 business days...

Anyway, if you're considering it, I would seriously look elsewhere and just pay an FFL dealer to have your rifle delivered there.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t trust the big C with anything more complicatedthan ringing up your purchase. They are constantly firing people that are in danger of getting a raise so you always have new people being trained (effing things up) and the old hands who aren’t being paid well simply don’t give a rip.
I have had two close family members work there and they both came to the same conclusion- cabelas treats their employees like disposeable garbage.
When you have an environment like that things tend to get messed up because its not worth it give a chit, let alone go the extra yard for a customer.

OP
S

skunk

FNG
I wouldn’t trust the big C with anything more complicatedthan ringing up your purchase. They are constantly firing people that are in danger of getting a raise so you always have new people being trained (effing things up) and the old hands who aren’t being paid well simply don’t give a rip.
I have had two close family members work there and they both came to the same conclusion- cabelas treats their employees like disposeable garbage.
When you have an environment like that things tend to get messed up because its not worth it give a chit, let alone go the extra yard for a customer.
My local store called me this evening about it. They said there were two trucks from the origin store that should have had my rifle on it. Neither did. However, another truck came in today that they'll be unloading tomorrow. Meanwhile, after I ordered my rifle, they actually got the exact same model in stock that was not mine. So if my rifle is not on the truck tomorrow, I'll just cancel my order and purchase the one they now have in the store.

It feels like someone in the shipping department just felt like getting themself a new rifle and kept mine. We'll see. I highly doubt it's on the truck tomorrow.

At least the local store folks seemed to care and wanted to help out.

bowhnt

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve ordered a couple of them with no issue. Last one was in store in less than 3days from another store. I will say that I’ve always had an issue with the way they do their 4473’s. It is a god awful process that never fails to raise my blood pressure. That was the one thing that I liked about gander mountain. 20 minutes and I could be out the door. Cabelas never seems to be under 45 minutes for the paperwork portion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colersu22

WKR
I had the same problem a few years ago with duck decoys but I ordered them online and had them ship to the store so I didn't have to pay shipping, said 5-8 days or what ever it was and it took 3 weeks, I was pissed and have never used that option again.

colonel00

WKR
My buddy has worked a sweet part-time gig at the local Cabela's for like 15 years. His discount was fantastic until the Bass Pro buyout killed that. Apparently it also killed Cabela's online inventory system. It has been an issue for a while. Stuff will show online but won't be available and vice versa. For instance, I saw some Aero Precision AR-15 parts in my store the other day but Cabela's website doesn't even list that they carry anything from them.

rodney482

WKR
The “gun library” ive given up on ever trying to make contact with these yahoos.
Ive found several guns I was interested in. Ive tried calling, leaving messages and emailing with no response.
Its a total joke!

I had all my cabela cards transferred to basspro cards, basspro has 10,000x better CS.

I'm surprised to hear all this. I've ordered 1/2 dozen guns through the gun library and had nothing but excellent CS from stores regardless of geography (ordering through the GL used to require you make the request through the library it was in which could be anywhere throughout the country).

I've had 2 different new ones shipped from store-to-store also with good success. Admitedly I have not ordered a gun through Cabelas since the buy-out however.

OP
S

skunk

FNG
Rifle finally showed up. It arrived on a truck yesterday but they didn't get it unloaded until today and I had to call at 6pm to check. Then they confirmed it arrived... So that makes it 12 business days (so much for 5-8).

Agross

WKR
I have been a cabelas customer for years. I have always had good experiences with them, whether it be with purchases,exchanges, or returns. I have ordered a couple things that were back ordered and they arrived long before they were supposed to. I know there are always exceptions, but, it was supposed,to take 5-8 business days and it took 12! Unacceptable Don't ever buy from them again.

dkwing

FNG
I thought I'd post this as a warning to anyone else thinking about ordering a firearm from Cabelas that needed to be shipped from another store: Prepare yourself for it to take longer than they say it will or better yet, buy from someone else who actually knows how to ship things and keep promises.

I ordered a new rifle from them over 2 weeks ago and despite their website stating it would arrive in 5-8 business days, it has now been 11 business days as of today.

After it was late, I contacted Cabelas customer service and they basically don't have any ability whatsoever to track the shipment as they apparently use their own trucks to move items between stores. All the customer service people told me is that it was coming from western Nebraska to my store in Wisconsin and the truck will stop at other stores on the way. That's a 13 hour drive from here and if they stopped at all 4 Cabelas stores from there to here, that'd leave them almost 3 days at each store. Seems quite ridiculous to me. To fix this situation, they are sending me a $25 gift card... For a $2000 purchase. What a joke.

Right now I'm just waiting for them to tell me they never actually loaded it on the truck and it'll be another 5-8 business days...

Anyway, if you're considering it, I would seriously look elsewhere and just pay an FFL dealer to have your rifle delivered there.

I placed an online order for a firearm on 3/14/20 and the order was IN STOCK and available for pickup in 5-8 days. The Cabela's website showed the item still available and in limited stock on 3/19/20 - 5 days later. I called to check on the pickup status of my order a week later on 3/21/20 and was told my order was cancelled. They did not send an email or make a phone call. I was told there's a new shipment of that item coming in on 4/1/20, but it's not guaranteed to arrive so they cancelled my order. WAIT - why were they still selling the item I purchased in stores and online while I was waiting for an in-stock, online item?
Customer service all the way to a supervisor had no answers...They can't see any order history for that item, they can't keep my order on back-order, and they said I should resell the other items I purchased that are non-returnable through other channels. WHAT? Their excuse is that Amazon does this all the time. What a terrible customer service experience. They are now telling me that due to my other items I ordered include a lithium battery, I must pay for return shipping and they only provide a hazardous label that goes on the box.
Why did Cabela's cancel my online order while they were still selling the items for at least 5 days?? Maybe their online system is SO BAD that they can't keep track of online orders, or they decided to sell my pre-purchased item in the store at a HIGHER price. Either way, I'll NEVER order online from Cabela's again. Buyer beware! An order placed is not guaranteed to ever arrive!!! I should have used a local store that is not a merged BassPro/Cabela's corporation!

manitou1

WKR
It's not just Cabelas guys. There IS a pandemic going around... a lot of companies are running smaller crews and spacing them out due to social distancing guidelines. There has been a HUGE run on ordering many items, including guns and ammo. A rifle I ordered from Bud's gun shop has been in shipping for 15 days now and has not yet been shipped!

Mosster47

Lil-Rokslider
The world is in the middle of a pandemic.

Things are going to operate a little slowly and with some unusual circumstances. Now isn't really the time to put companies on blast for logistic issues.

Rich M

WKR

Shipping is slow from EVERYONE right now. Just how it is in the times of national crisis.

Welcome to how shipping used to be. I ordered a bunch of stuff the other day and it's another week before it will even ship.

LandYacht

WKR
Rifle finally showed up. It arrived on a truck yesterday but they didn't get it unloaded until today and I had to call at 6pm to check. Then they confirmed it arrived... So that makes it 12 business days (so much for 5-8).

This seems like a lot of, as Joe Rogan calls it, recreational outrage.

First world problems I guess....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

archp625

WKR
Everything that I have ordered in the last two weeks has been super slow. Like others have said. During this pandemic everything is slow. Heck I ordered something from a business that's 2 hours and 40 minutes way, yesterday. I ordered it with 2 day shipping. They said it will ship on the 7th. I image ill get it on or around the 10th.