Favorite place to RV camp and trail ride?

This is mostly for those of you in UT and its neighbor states. I am always trying to find new places to load up the toy hauler for some RV'ing and trail riding. Post up your favorite places, if you wish to share. I am currently looking for a place up at Bear Lake. Thinking about the KOA Trailside. My favorite in S. UT so far has been Rubys Inn at Bryce. Lots of trails and easy access from the RV park.

widnert

Lil-Rokslider
Well, we're kind of a neighboring state so I thought I would throw this out. Look up the Pipestone OHV area near Butte, MT. Camping everywhere and nothing but dirt bikes/atv trails everywhere. The actual OHV area claims 75 miles of trails but, when you factor in the surrounding NFS trails, there's got to be over 200 miles of trails/OHV roads to ride. I've been going there for years and can't say I've ever even been on every one of them. Lots of stuff to see and just an awesome place. There's a reservoir in the middle where you can boat/ski/fish too. Just a suggestion.

twall13

WKR
I like Arapeen trail system alot for riding. That trail system has everything from leasurely dirt roads to 50" width restriction, extremely difficult trails. I don't typically stay at an RV park but there are plenty of places to camp beside the roads up above Mayfield. I like to get up to the higher elevations where it isn't so hot in the summer. We've also stayed at Palisade State park a couple of times if you want the RV camp feel. You can ride ATV's right from the park and catch a road heading up to the Arapeen trail system. It's usually good fishing at upper 6 mile pond and willow lake among others. Depending on snow pack, some of the high elevation areas can be tough to access until later in June.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Muttman

Lil-Rokslider
This is mostly for those of you in UT and its neighbor states. I am always trying to find new places to load up the toy hauler for some RV'ing and trail riding. Post up your favorite places, if you wish to share. I am currently looking for a place up at Bear Lake. Thinking about the KOA Trailside. My favorite in S. UT so far has been Rubys Inn at Bryce. Lots of trails and easy access from the RV park.

North slope of the uintahs! 100+ miles of roads & trails. Lots of great camping spots, pick an area & go.
Skyline drive same thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's your atv?
Over 50?
If not over 50, our mountains are loaded with trails, just pay no attention to the elk and deer you will see

Even of you are wider there is tons of trails

I think they have the normal 14 or 16 day camp limit though

I might when show you around to a few 380 bulls

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

BluMtn

WKR
If you enjoy great rides and views to die for you need to look at the state of Idaho. For the last 16 years we have been riding in that state and find it to be one of the best places to ride. We ride about 80 to 120 miles a day and there are areas that I have yet to get to. Look at the Magruder corridor out of Elk city. There is the Gospel Hump and Buffalo Hump areas. The Salmon river area out of Riggins, The Hells Canyon area out of WhiteBird. McCall, Warren, and Burgdrof areas that have tons of riding, Avery and Wallace. Elk River, Pierce, and Weippe. From Weippe you can ride the Lolo motorway east to the top of Lolo pass which is the trail Lewis and Clark used to cross the Rockies. Another factor that keeps us going back are the people. I have never had an issue while traveling in Idaho. The people have been courteous, helpful, and appreciate that you are there to have fun and spend money.

twall13

WKR
Some of us enjoy both aspects. I enjoy a good ATV ride through rugged, beautiful country but I also enjoy some quiet hiking time in a wilderness area away from the noise. They aren't mutually exclusive and there are places for both types of activities.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Well, we're kind of a neighboring state so I thought I would throw this out. Look up the Pipestone OHV area near Butte, MT. Camping everywhere and nothing but dirt bikes/atv trails everywhere. The actual OHV area claims 75 miles of trails but, when you factor in the surrounding NFS trails, there's got to be over 200 miles of trails/OHV roads to ride. I've been going there for years and can't say I've ever even been on every one of them. Lots of stuff to see and just an awesome place. There's a reservoir in the middle where you can boat/ski/fish too. Just a suggestion.

I second Pipestone, there’s also a great trail system around Deerlodge/ Racetrack area that are fun too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
MuleyFever
If you enjoy great rides and views to die for you need to look at the state of Idaho. For the last 16 years we have been riding in that state and find it to be one of the best places to ride. We ride about 80 to 120 miles a day and there are areas that I have yet to get to. Look at the Magruder corridor out of Elk city. There is the Gospel Hump and Buffalo Hump areas. The Salmon river area out of Riggins, The Hells Canyon area out of WhiteBird. McCall, Warren, and Burgdrof areas that have tons of riding, Avery and Wallace. Elk River, Pierce, and Weippe. From Weippe you can ride the Lolo motorway east to the top of Lolo pass which is the trail Lewis and Clark used to cross the Rockies. Another factor that keeps us going back are the people. I have never had an issue while traveling in Idaho. The people have been courteous, helpful, and appreciate that you are there to have fun and spend money.

One of my best friends just sold his place in Seattle and is moving to Twin Falls, we will be spending some time in ID for sure.

OP
MuleyFever
What's your atv?
Over 50?
If not over 50, our mountains are loaded with trails, just pay no attention to the elk and deer you will see

Even of you are wider there is tons of trails

I think they have the normal 14 or 16 day camp limit though

I might when show you around to a few 380 bulls

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I am over 50. Plan on getting up to Big Johns Flat once the road opens.

I am over 50. Plan on getting up to Big Johns Flat once the road opens.

That's a good spot but you are limited to basically one trail system. We snow mobile up over 2 of the 3 peaks in that range- incredible for sure. You should keep going on that road (Hwy 153) , but don't turn left onto BJF road, stay going straight til the road turns to dirt, and then go another 3 or 4 miles up to Big Flat. Tons of camping spots all over, multiple trail systems and you can find my elk and deer areas if you get in deep enough. I drive my ranger ( +50) all over up there.

But, Big John Flat is incredibly beautiful as well. Lots of Goats too.