Anybody not religiously purifying their water?

A magnificent tale, it’s quite rare for a man of science such as yourself Bruce to find religion- but the bubble guts have powers of persuasion boundless and are responsible as such for many converts

My buddy and I were hunting Wyoming. We use potable aqua and sometimes a filter on our hunts. I am pretty religious about it, unless already boiling water for a meal.

We were a few miles in and low on water. We found a clear little mountain stream, very idyllic. We refilled our hydration bladders and tossed in the iodine pills to work. We loaded up and rounded the next turn, only to find a moose calf putrafied in the creek above where we filled from. We dumped our badders, and refilled well above the carcass......ignorance is bliss, until it isnt.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

AdamW

WKR
After seeing a 300 lb native from the UP on all fours, naked from the waist down simultaneously projectile spraying out both ends, I just take the time to filter water. It's a good problem to have, here in the midwest I won't even drink our water if filtered and treated. On vacations and trips out west I see guys dipping out of streams on the reg. I like my guts and butthole too much. :D

After seeing a 300 lb native from the UP on all fours, naked from the waist down simultaneously projectile spraying out both ends, I just take the time to filter water. It's a good problem to have, here in the midwest I won't even drink our water if filtered and treated. On vacations and trips out west I see guys dipping out of streams on the reg. I like my guts and butthole too much. :D

That paints one hell of a picture right there! I think you just convinced me to continue filtering my H2O.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I grew up much the same way as many of you guys and gals. I didn't think twice about drinking out of the local creek. When hiking or camping, I would fill my canteen at whatever creek or stream I crossed. But, ignorance was bliss I guess. As I have gotten older and seen the effects of water-borne illnesses on people, I do not take those chances anymore. Watching a grown man literally sh!t all over himself, non-stop, for hours on end is not something I want to experience. One of my fellow soldiers got giardia after a week in the field. I remember starting bilateral IVs on him, sticking him in the shower and turning the water on and just letting him go so we didn't have to clean him up. Also, for those of you that have ever been overseas, the water-borne illnesses over there are way scarier. Guinea worm anyone? No thanks, not taking my chances on any of that crap. The short amount of time it takes to filter my water is well worth it.

I rarely filter water in the WA Cascades.

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

Me too. Since all my hiking and most of my hunting is in the Wa Cascades I’ve never even owned a filter. With all the clean running water readily available it never seemed worth the bother. I do treat it all though either with chlorine dioxide tabs, a Steripen or by boiling.

Virtually all of my drinking water though comes from the Alderwood artesian well so the vast majority of my drinking water is not filtered or treated. The mineral rich well water is about a thousand times better than regular city water. Unfortunately the words out and now it’s super crowded with beatniks and small business owners. Even at 4:30 the morning I still have to wait in line.