Can you change your username??

SUMMIT75

WKR
Hey is it possible to have admin change your username or do I just need to start a new account?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Banned
OP
S

SUMMIT75

WKR
Yep, just heads up it might be a bit before it can be dealt with. He has some stuff he is working on the backend this week so it might have to wait till the server move gets addressed.

No sweat I am in no rush, just parted ways with my faith and no longer want to seem hypocritical with a username such as mine when I am an Atheist now.

outdoor_matt

Lil-Rokslider
No sweat I am in no rush, just parted ways with my faith and no longer want to seem hypocritical with a username such as mine when I am an Atheist now.

Interesting. Being a man who loves Christ myself, I’d be interested to know how you became an atheist. Feel free just to PM me if you’d rather do that.

Welcome! While I do believe that there are a lot of good things the come from folks and their practice of religion, I also believe that it's a man made philosophy that was invented to control the masses, and one cannot argue with the fact that more people have been killed in the name of Christ (and many, many, more in the name of religion in general), than for any other single reason in the history of mankind. I also liken Christianity to the belief in things like Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth fairy. I guess that in the end, if it makes you feel good and your not hurting anyone with your beliefs, then go for it. It's just too bad that there's so many people that find it so difficult to face reality.

Northernpiker

WKR
Classified Approved
Interesting switch, I also have nothing against religion, the church teaches a lot of good things. I just find a lot of it hard to believe.

Outhunting

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting switch, I also have nothing against religion, the church teaches a lot of good things. I just find a lot of it hard to believe.

I am in the same boat. My dad was hunter and when I was young and out with him he would tell me that the outdoors was his church. I feel about the same way.

TheCougar

WKR
Welcome! While I do believe that there are a lot of good things the come from folks and their practice of religion, I also believe that it's a man made philosophy that was invented to control the masses, and one cannot argue with the fact that more people have been killed in the name of Christ (and many, many, more in the name of religion in general), than for any other single reason in the history of mankind. I also liken Christianity to the belief in things like Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth fairy. I guess that in the end, if it makes you feel good and your not hurting anyone with your beliefs, then go for it. It's just too bad that there's so many people that find it so difficult to face reality.

I’m not trying to pick a fight... always good when a post starts with that! In regards to your line that more people have been killed in the name of Christ or in the name of religion, you are probably wrong with that... I would imagine the holocaust and WWI and WWII probably killed more people than all the aggregate religious battles over the millennia. That being said, you make a logical error when you equate the evil committed by men- who are sinful by nature- or the “church”- which is a man-made institution and therefore exceptionally fallible- with God, who is holy. The logical equivalent of that is like saying that American soldiers who committed horrible wartime atrocities while fighting under our flag, invalidates freedom, the American ideal, etc. You cannot hold God (or an ideal, in my example) subject to the failings of men. God is perfect and men are imperfect, and you cannot use the actions of be latter to invalidate the former.

Also, your last line is disrespectful at best. I have no problem facing reality. There is only one reality and what you and I believe as reality are mutually exclusive. One of us will be proved right when we die. I think of it this way: best case/worst case. For a Christian, the best case is pretty good- eternity in the presence of God. My worst case is that I’m worm food. For you, your best case is that you are worm food, and the worse case is significantly worse! I’m not here to convince you one way or the other. We both know forum posts aren’t going to change anyone’s world view. I just wanted to point out the logic problem with your statement and also let you know that insinuating people of faith are weak-minded/out of touch with reality/needing a crutch to cope with life/etc, is disrespectful to lots of people, including the majority of Americans. I’ll finish the same way I started- I’m not trying to pick a fight or be disrespectful, so if I came off that way at all, it was not intended. Thanks for reading and happy hunting.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
It's just too bad that there's so many people that find it so difficult to face reality.

This ^^^^ I agree with. However, as Romans 14:11 says......."For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God". Eventually.....everyone will have to face reality.

I too would like to hear the OP's reasons. Because once you're born again, you can't lose that salvation. So if you're truly saved, then becoming an atheist isn't even possible.

jmden

WKR
I’m not trying to pick a fight... always good when a post starts with that! In regards to your line that more people have been killed in the name of Christ or in the name of religion, you are probably wrong with that... I would imagine the holocaust and WWI and WWII probably killed more people than all the aggregate religious battles over the millennia. That being said, you make a logical error when you equate the evil committed by men- who are sinful by nature- or the “church”- which is a man-made institution and therefore exceptionally fallible- with God, who is holy. The logical equivalent of that is like saying that American soldiers who committed horrible wartime atrocities while fighting under our flag, invalidates freedom, the American ideal, etc. You cannot hold God (or an ideal, in my example) subject to the failings of men. God is perfect and men are imperfect, and you cannot use the actions of be latter to invalidate the former.

Also, your last line is disrespectful at best. I have no problem facing reality. There is only one reality and what you and I believe as reality are mutually exclusive. One of us will be proved right when we die. I think of it this way: best case/worst case. For a Christian, the best case is pretty good- eternity in the presence of God. My worst case is that I’m worm food. For you, your best case is that you are worm food, and the worse case is significantly worse! I’m not here to convince you one way or the other. We both know forum posts aren’t going to change anyone’s world view. I just wanted to point out the logic problem with your statement and also let you know that insinuating people of faith are weak-minded/out of touch with reality/needing a crutch to cope with life/etc, is disrespectful to lots of people, including the majority of Americans. I’ll finish the same way I started- I’m not trying to pick a fight or be disrespectful, so if I came off that way at all, it was not intended. Thanks for reading and happy hunting.

Well said.

"Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important." C. S. Lewis

There is eternal hell awaiting those that reject Jesus Christ. Don't be in that category. Jesus Christ took upon himself our sins and bore the wrath of Almighty God for those sins, sacrificing Himself, so that we would not have to pay the just consquences for our rebellion/sins against Him. Rising from the grave on the third day, He demonstrated His power over sin and death. DO NOT reject such love...such a gift.

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things." Romans 1:20-23

In order to truly be an athiest and say unequivocally that there is no God, a person would have to know everything. Anyone arrogant enough to put themselves in that category? Many are. The 'athiest' makes himself an idol, makes himself a god, just like Adam and Eve did back and in Genesis 3 starting the sinful mess this world had been in since, and puts himself arrogantly above an infinte, holy God, and thereby breaking the first of the ten commandments where God says you shall have no other gods before me. Very natural for sinful man (I'm just a sinner saved by God's grace...) to do. Very, very simple and very, very predictable.

Last edited:
I'm no Atheist but the "Christianity is a better way to hedge your bet" argument is interesting. Basing your faith on the odds? Is there an Odds Report posted online? I always open the PDF for the Odds Report Summary. Maybe the Jesus tag is in the Complete Odds Report. Well anyway... good luck with your picks this year gentlemen.
As long as this user name convo is public, maybe we should have a new user name suggestion section for the OP?
ThereISnogod75 ????

jmden

WKR
I'm no Atheist but the "Christianity is a better way to hedge your bet" argument is interesting. Basing your faith on the odds? Is there an Odds Report posted online? I always open the PDF for the Odds Report Summary. Maybe the Jesus tag is in the Complete Odds Report. Well anyway... good luck with your picks this year gentlemen.
As long as this user name convo is public, maybe we should have a new user name suggestion section for the OP?
ThereISnogod75 ????

No seldomseensmith. Not hedging bets. No bets to hedge. Simply a rhetorical discussion point, as you know.

As a devout atheist the most hilarious argument any religion has is that somehow their status upon death is elevated in respect to others who die and have led exemplary lives. The simple audacity of that thought process is humorous at best, arrogant and ridiculous would be closer to my line of thinking though. With that mindset simple geography based on the location a person was born and lived would then dictate a persons status in the afterlife. There is no doubt the fear of eternal damnation has turned a few people off of being despicable humans during their life, I however find that person to be completely insincere and hypocritical. how about do the right thing because it is the right thing to do? Why does it take fear of a crappy afterlife to convince anyone to not be a prick? I elect to do good to people who deserve to be treated well, follow the laws as I encounter them and try and be nice. It has worked well for me and I will be content with having done it right in this life. I never needed a passage in a book to come up with that thought process.
So all that being said. Good for you H4C75.... I am guessing you will find being good for goodness sake far more rewarding than the selfish and insincere idea of being good for your own betterment.

Btaylor

WKR
I struggle to understand how anyone can stand on any mountain in the Rockies and not believe. To look out across the enormity of the Rockies and know that they are but a speck of dust in all creation, that I am so much less than that yet worthy enough that the son of God would die for my salvation strengths my faith beyond measure. I have heard people ask how can you believe in a god you can not see. For me it is pretty simple, I believe in the wind too though I ca not see it. I can see the effects of the wind and I know it is there. Likewise I can daily see the love of Christ and the effects it imparts. I pray you guys will discover or re-discover your relationship with the Lord.