Perspective

A guy travels to the West and finds a spot to hunt elk. He falls In love with this area. Each year he keeps coming back at the same season and is more familiar with his surroundings every trip.
He feels he knows the area well enough now and his confidence is quite high.
He can write efficiently about it, accurately about it, as long as it pertains to his "season" of choice for when he goes there.

One winter he decides to venture in to his beloved area. Excited to make the journey into well known areas, he sets out with high hopes of what is awaiting him.
He gets to the trail head, but things look different, now covered in a blanket of snow.
But he sets out anyway, to head in having confidence in this area based on his past experiences from the past season of fall.

But now, those trails are covered, his normal landmarks look quite different. More rolling soft hills covered in snow versus the sharp edges of hill side cuts. Even the trees seem different as he is now 4' higher while walking on the snow. He misses the tree he carved in, because he is used to see the tree from a different perspective, much lower. Soon he ends up a bit lost, well not actually lost, cause he has enough memory to some of his surroundings. Yet he is struggling with efficient progress in making his way to where he wants to camp. Soon night fall sets in and everything now seems even more unfamiliar. Not able to make it to his well know destination, he retreats and back tracks his way out.
Confused, lost confidence and a troubled mind trying to figure out what happened, he sits in his truck at the trail head, re-evaluating his thoughts.

This is how it is with all of us.
We may know a product, philosophy, religion, or a non religion, in one season of our life, and confidently put our opinion out there.
But when the seasons of life change, we find ourselves with a different perspective.

If we let one season always define us, we will be sure to discover it is unsuccessful to do it justice.
If we embrace each season and add to our experiences and let this be a work in progress, we may walk it out more humble, less arrogant, less mocking, less critical of others, who are in a different season.

A guy posted on here about changing his RS user name because he is in a new season of his life.
Some tried to bring him back, others encouraged him to stay away.
Some mocked the bible, God and Jesus Christ.
Some preached Jesus, Heaven and Hell.
Some preached atheism.

In the end, your life seasons reveal what experiences you have had. But until you live long enough, and walk thru all the seasons, your perspective is, at best, flawed and incomplete as a whole.

My heart was saddened by this guys choice, but as a Pastor for almost 3 decades, I can tell you, he is not done with who he is, and the Lord certainly isn't either. He is merely walking the same area in a different season, compiling new ideas while unknowingly reinforcing old ones he thought he abandoned.

To all of my brothers in Christ who encouraged him- thank you.
To all of the atheists who spoke up- thank you for voicing your opinion.

I can say that with confidence, as I have seen what happens to the uncompleted human mind, and until the full circle of seasons has visited a mans home, no one is complete yet. The potter certainly is not finished with the clay on the wheel.

Remember this when posting your opinion about a back pack, water filter or floorless shelter. Our opinions are from our experiences and seasons we have been thru. Others will vary, as they have trekked thru their own seasons.

In the end, we are at best, gatherers of experiences hoping to make right choices that define us, as we feel they are correct, knowing we might end up redefined in the next season.

Last edited:
Well written. ^^

I know that I have been through many seasons as well in my journey. Not proud of a lot of it, but know it has helped shape who I have become and whom I serve today.

Blessings - Chas.
(Commissioned Pastor, PCUSA)

Last edited:

Btaylor

WKR
Great post. Certainly applies to me. I accepted Christ with not very many seasons under my belt. Rocked along kinda ho-hum for a bunch of seasons being what I think qualifies as a good person but I had no real faith. It took a few seasons of drought if you will for me to really seek the Lord and discover my faith. Every person has a different walk for certain and we gather different experiences and at different rates. I too think it is important to share those experiences if for no other reason than to illustrate that you will never find what you are not looking for.

amp713

WKR
Life is meant to be lived and experienced, I don't know why people feel they need to press others to follow the path they chose... I have not read the other post but I don't think I will.

OP
mfllood3800
Life is meant to be lived and experienced, I don't know why people feel they need to press others to follow the path they chose... I have not read the other post but I don't think I will.

I know what you mean.
One time there was a soldier in Vietnam who came running down the jungle trail, and as he passed by a couple guys heading in he yelled out, "don't take the fork to the left." He was running so fast and out of breath they barely understood what he said.
All they heard was "fork to the left".
They got to the fork in the trail, went to the left, and a short while later they were ambushed and perished.

Maybe some folks are simply doing like the running soldier, when they believe so strongly in what they have experienced. Perhaps some are not clear in what they say or even say it all wrong and it gets misunderstood or rejected as nonsense.
Maybe some folks have been down that trail already and have more insight than others.

I agree with you Amp713, the other thread is full of posts that make me wish I hadn't read it.
I was on the path that led to the left

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
the other thread is full of posts that make me wish I hadn't read it.

If you hadn’t read it, would you have started this thread? It was a well written profound message, thank you.

OP
mfllood3800
If you hadn’t read it, would you have started this thread? It was a well written profound message, thank you.

Maybe at some point with some of the details, but not to the extent that it was.

It was really a mind full of compiled thoughts I have had after being in arguments I thought I was right in, and the other guy was wrong, only to realize, we were both right, as we hunted in different scenarios and seasons.

I've seen it play out in life as well.
I've seen it in church, work, Walmart etc...
This issue is plaguing our Nation.

People just need to realize, no matter who they are, they don't own every morsel of wisdom, and have the right answer, all the time.
Many on here think they do.
There are a lot of great guys/gals on here for sure, but there are some turds for sure as well.

I have learned a lot more in private times looking at myself and wishing I was different. I try not to be anything more than what I am, in the season I am in. I hate going forward too early and stealing seeds meant for the future, just cause I want the harvest now.

Last edited: