Work Advice

Beendare

WKR
I am the boss.

Its the one bad apple thing....I've seen it too many times.

If someone in your situation didn't tell me whats going on I would fire them along with the other person....period.

SWOHTR

WKR
Interesting. I face "similar" situations at work constantly. Being peripherally involved, or "guilty by association" because you know something, isn't easy, especially when you never had anything to do with the wrong in the first place. In the interest of self-preservation and acting in a business world, I'd escalate it until it gets to a level where someone will handle it. Give everyone in the chain of command a shot, and if they don't act correctly, then move up to the next level.

At the end of the day too, you can ask yourself..."I did everything I could, this isn't right, and no one cares to do anything about it. Is this a company I want to be involved with?"

Those of us in the military don't have that option, but our tours (at least mine) average 18-24 months, so transfers are frequent.

Whisky

WKR
This is interesting to me, because as a young pup I was given an opportunity to manage people who had been with the company for many years. A couple older people didn't very much like having a man the age of their kids being their boss, and they were not afraid to show it. I had an employee do to me, what you did to your boss. It's interesting to hear how others would handle it, or have handled it.

Good luck!

boss-how-bad-you-want-this-job-guy-bad-boss-16282785.png