Where do you go for information on car reliability?

buckwalleye

Lil-Rokslider
watch out for leaking exhaust the manifolds can crack pretty easily. only real fix is to install headers and bpipes

Mine actually does have a crack! I'm torn of what to do. My buddy/mechanic says it's not a "horrible" crack. I've looked into the headers and pipes and read some things about emissions sensors, specifically for folks in California and New York. Well I'm in NY. I thought about having him weld it (he's a good cast welder), but he says it's a big job that would be labor intensive and may or may not hold for long. If you have any personal advice I'd love to hear recommendations.

At this point I just don't think it matters much. I usually go to what I have personally experienced, and I talk with my mechanic I trust about his experiences.

I grew up in an extremely anti Chrysler, and more specifically dodge family. For a reason, everyone I knew with one had constant problems. However, I know plenty that swear by them. My wife had a 4Runner that was a fantastic vehicle, and I wouldn't hesitate to own a Toyota.

But, when it came down to it and I needed a full size I could trust I went with an F150 because I grew up in reliable fords. I'll turn 150k quite soon and no regrets, it's a great vehicle.

The problem with vehicle specific forums is they are filled with people who either absolutely unwaveringly love their choice, and all the people that have problems with theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vandal 44

WKR
I am in the car business and when I want to know the dependability of a vehicle, I look and see what class it falls under in the extended service contract book. Toyota Tundra is a class 1, Ford F-150 and GM 1500 are class 4 and Dodge 1500 is a class 6.

Warranty companies did just pull these numbers out of a hat.

Another thing to look at is the resale value and Toyota Tacoma and Tundra are always at the top.