Home invasion...Ca Style

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
If your doctor asks, simply tell him/her that isn't any of his business.

I told them that once, but then I got to thinking about it and thought........"You're darn right I own guns, I'm an American living in America aren't I?" So the next time I told them that and added......"You'd have to be a fool in this day and age to not be prepared to protect yourself and your family in and out of the home".

nrh6.7

WKR
It really is pretty sad what is happening regarding firearms and ammo in CA. Just tell the state that all of your guns were lost in a terrible boating accident at the bottom of Lake Molon Labe.

Regarding the docs asking about guns in the house...it is mostly pediatricians that ask that question, although family practice docs will ask also. Prepping your kids to answer that question might also be prudent, in case you don't want them to disclose that info. They aren't asking because they care.

This is a quote from a white paper published in 1992 by the American Academy of Pediatrics regarding firearm injuries specific to the pediatric population:

"The absence of guns from children’s homes and communities is the most reliable and effective measure to prevent firearm-related injuries in children and adolescents. Adolescent suicide risk is strongly associated with firearm availability. Safe gun storage (guns unloaded and locked, ammunition locked separately) reduces children’s risk of injury. Physician counseling of parents about firearm safety appears to be effective, but firearm safety education programs directed at children are ineffective. The American Academy of Pediatrics continues to support a number of specific measures to reduce the destructive effects of guns in the lives of children and adolescents, including the regulation of the manufacture, sale, purchase, ownership, and use of firearms; a ban on semiautomatic assault weapons; and the strongest possible regulations of handguns for civilian use."

http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/pediatrics/early/2012/10/15/peds.2012-2481.full.pdf

And here is a quote from a Ped calling for gun control, which also shows this has been brewing since at least the early 90's.

“Guns are a virus that must be eradicated.”—Dr. Katherine Christoffel, pediatrician, in American Medical News, January 3, 1994

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
“Guns are a virus that must be eradicated.”—Dr. Katherine Christoffel, pediatrician, in American Medical News, January 3, 1994

It's people like this ^^^^^ reproducing that is the virus that must be eradicated.

Blaming inanimate objects for anything is absolute lunacy.

Mike7

WKR
Remember, if the government is paying for your health care, then you have already given them access to your complete medical record without any special permission needed.

The gun related preventative health questions were pushed to be added to many electronic health record systems during the last administration when doctors/clinics were given the carrot & stick by the gov't (basically adopt gov't approved electronic health records and collect the information we want, and we will help pay for your system essentially...or if you don't do this then we will make further cuts to your reimbursement for seeing Medicare patients.

All things with the gov't start with collecting information and registration. Many docs (except some Marxist pedatricians) are just going through the required preventative screen so that they can get reimbursed for their care. If it were me as a patient, I would decline to answer, but add that if I did own guns, I would keep them safely locked up and teach my kids to respect them.

nrh6.7

WKR
Remember, if the government is paying for your health care, then you have already given them access to your complete medical record without any special permission needed.

The gun related preventative health questions were pushed to be added to many electronic health record systems during the last administration when doctors/clinics were given the carrot & stick by the gov't (basically adopt gov't approved electronic health records and collect the information we want, and we will help pay for your system essentially...or if you don't do this then we will make further cuts to your reimbursement for seeing Medicare patients.

All things with the gov't start with collecting information and registration. Many docs (except some Marxist pedatricians) are just going through the required preventative screen so that they can get reimbursed for their care. If it were me as a patient, I would decline to answer, but add that if I did own guns, I would keep them safely locked up and teach my kids to respect them.

The move to electronic medical records really does give easy access for anyone in the loop. Fortunately, not all physicians are left wing gun grabbing robots. I know a couple of docs that have a real problem with guns, meaning they can't own enough!

Hey Doc: I keep a loaded handgun strategically nearby. It lowers my stress level and BP. It may help me protect myself from injury, and possibly contribute to a longer life expectancy. You should be asking people if they have any criminal thoughts or tendencies, because those are some real risk factors that will get them seriously hurt or killed.

Mike7

WKR
Hey Doc: I keep a loaded handgun strategically nearby. It lowers my stress level and BP. It may help me protect myself from injury, and possibly contribute to a longer life expectancy. You should be asking people if they have any criminal thoughts or tendencies, because those are some real risk factors that will get them seriously hurt or killed.

Over the past 15 years there has been a push by people within the gov't and some progressive medical groups to transition from a fee for service health care reimbursement model to a model where the patient has no personal responsibility for their choices, and instead the insurer (driven by the gov't) demands that the doctor becomes your nanny and has his/her reimbursement tied to this. So your doctor now is responsible for not only making medical recommendations to you, but also is responsible for your personal choices and behaviors...and will get paid less if he/she doesn't click the appropriate screening boxes on the electronic health record whether indicated or not. And now also, your doctor is starting to get paid less if he/she can't force you to change some of your unhealthy choices/behaviors...or somehow at least get you the non-compliant patient out of their practice panel because it screws the numbers/metrics up that the gov't, accountable care organizations, and insurance companies now follow.

Last edited: