Idaho is now CLOSED.............

Don’t move to Oregon, go somewhere else. I hear Idaho is nice and the people are friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crippledsledge64

Lil-Rokslider
Orchard guys need to pay more money for people to pick their apples. I'd rather pay the going rate for apples or not eat any that to pay huge taxes to pay for welfare for an apple pickers family of 6, so the Orchard guys don't have to pay apple pickers a lot of money. That's just me, though.

Probably true, I think your on the right track there. But I will say I disagree with your opinion of millennials probably because I am one. We're expected to pay for college tuition that has risen 50% in cost in 10 years for jobs that have not risen in wages significantly in relation to inflation since the 80's. Wages overall need to increase as the rich get richer and the middle class shrinks. Its harder today for young people to buy a house and afford kids (let alone hunting gear!) than it was decades ago. I have no issues with people coming here (or moving to my state for that matter) as long as they work hard and do so legally.

Last edited:
I can see the OP's frustration. Being from California and living here all my life in Northern California I have seen just how much its changed in what was once a great area to live in. We saw an influx of people from Southern California and the Bay Area move in and housing costs skyrocket and now an invasion of homeless people due to all the free programs for the homeless Redding provides. There isnt a single day I dont drive around and see countless homeless people passed out on the sidewalks or on the lawns around the shopping centers. I want to get the hell out of this state! I have to say though that while I understand the frustration, I'd think that hunters and other conservatives would want fellow hunters to come in and at least try to balance things out. Just my 2 cents.

Jimmy

Lil-Rokslider
I think it's like that everywhere.

Here in CA we don't really like it when people move here from LA or Bay Area, which is just other places in California.

Far as I can tell Idaho is hell of a lot more Berrgdahl than McManus nowadays. You can have it.

Shepherd

Lil-Rokslider
I respectfully disagree with pretty much everything thing you said. Out of control population growth of uneducated third world corrupt and or war torn countries is positively destroying the planet. We have a huge aging baby boomer group, yes, I agree with you on that. The younger generations are a disaster, gen x not so much, millenials, omg! Most immigrants coming in, legal, illegal, refugee, and overwhelming on welware, which is making matters worse. Shepard, I recommend doing some more research. No disrespect. We can agree to disagree. : ) Bill

I agree with you on immigrants being on welfare - I believe around 50% of them are on some sort of support. However, these jobs need to be filled and I believe with selective immigration we can make a dent in the unfilled jobs that are hurting us economically.

On population growth you're just wrong. Population growth peaked at 2.2% on 1962. Since then its gone down drastically. It's 1.2% now and should hit .1% by 2100, according the the United Nations. Here is a my source...World Population Growth - Our World in Data

Billinsd

WKR
Has population growth slowed down much for 3rd world countries, maybe a little? It's slowed a lot or stopped for 1st world countries. This is the problem. I agree with you on selective immigration, if it's extremely selective. The people must be highly educated, skilled, productive, and not become a burden on society. They can't be allowed to chain migrate huge numbers of relatives.

Last edited:

Trial153

WKR
i have a file with 10 figures of unpaid illegal immigrant bills, they dont even go to collections because wtf is the point. That portion of billing accounts for about 1/3 of the total unpaid services for each patient. That can pay for a lot of apples.

ndbuck09

WKR
It's always so interesting that the places with Liberal policies in place for years and years are the exact places that have terrible living conditions for the populace, and yet, these liberals want to impart these policies on the country at large and cry and scream when they don't win. Liberal's do not realize that their party stalwarts simply take advantage of them and profit big time. Its as simple as that.

kicker338

WKR
I can see the OP's frustration. Being from California and living here all my life in Northern California I have seen just how much its changed in what was once a great area to live in. We saw an influx of people from Southern California and the Bay Area move in and housing costs skyrocket and now an invasion of homeless people due to all the free programs for the homeless Redding provides. There isnt a single day I dont drive around and see countless homeless people passed out on the sidewalks or on the lawns around the shopping centers. I want to get the hell out of this state! I have to say though that while I understand the frustration, I'd think that hunters and other conservatives would want fellow hunters to come in and at least try to balance things out. Just my 2 cents.

That is a big part of why I left California almost 20yrs. ago, southern people moving north. The biggest problem with people moving from one state to another is the garbage they take with them. Southern Cal. people move here to Nth. Id. then complain about why things aren't done the way they were where they came from. When I moved here I did the old saying, when in Rome do as the Roman's do, if you don't like that then go back to where you came from, that simple.

zach14

FNG
It's always so interesting that the places with Liberal policies in place for years and years are the exact places that have terrible living conditions for the populace, and yet, these liberals want to impart these policies on the country at large and cry and scream when they don't win. Liberal's do not realize that their party stalwarts simply take advantage of them and profit big time. Its as simple as that.

Spot on. Implants from back east and California try and bring their mess of ideas with them when they move here!

young7.3

WKR
Please, please stop moving here. Lots of better places to go like California, Washington, Oregon or Colorado.
Just heard yesterday that the two counties surrounding Boise currently have 688,000 people....WTF??????.?
Meridian had 10,000 people in 1990....... Now has over 106,000.

Randy

We will be moving to Idaho in the very near future. I'm tired of driving all the way from Indiana to hunt elk...

Billinsd

WKR
Don’t move to Oregon, go somewhere else. I hear Idaho is nice and the people are friendly.

I remember in the 70s an Oregon Governor declared welcome to Oregon but don't stay. My dad was a developer and declared to me, we ain't going to Oregon. I've never gone there and don't have any desire to, but I may some day. It's the only western State I've never been to. It's mostly, because I don't care for the wet west side, the liberal politics and hyppies. The eastern side sounds real nice. Oregon is out of the way for me. But nope, don't worry about me moving to Oregon.

jm1607

WKR
At least it's not as bad as Austin! The golden age of Austin has been over for years now.. I could never go back.. But I have good memories!

Btaylor

WKR
Threads like this make me appreciate my podunk state. I think maybe the western states just lack an appropriate number of hillbilly for all them hills. A lot of that nonsense out there would have been nipped in the bud early on and proper. If' you don't know hill folk, you won't redneckignize what I'm talking about. I surely wish y'all the best.

In reference to the original post: At this point, with the amount of growth, it's like an avalanche slide. The kinetic energy is unstoppable. It will continue to grow. This area has the feel of southern California. Traffic is now terrible. Definite spike in graffiti. The evening news used to be fairly boring but crime has spiked. Anything and everything you want is here and you don't have to travel far to find it. We once enjoyed the views of agriculture fields and farms all around town. That earth is gone and will never be the same. It's been replaced with housing tracks and store fronts far and wide. I used to see deer near my home but they are long gone. The area used to be very clean. I'm now seeing more and more trash on roadways etc. Not a ton but a lot more than 10 years ago. The rat race has arrived and is forging full steam ahead.

Probably true, I think your on the right track there. But I will say I disagree with your opinion of millennials probably because I am one. We're expected to pay for college tuition that has risen 50% in cost in 10 years for jobs that have not risen in wages significantly in relation to inflation since the 80's. Wages overall need to increase as the rich get richer and the middle class shrinks. Its harder today for young people to buy a house and afford kids (let alone hunting gear!) than it was decades ago. I have no issues with people coming here (or moving to my state for that matter) as long as they work hard and do so legally.
Yes we do expect you to pay your own way, on everything
We did
We saw increases in everything when we were young too

There's a reason big colleges are ruined and small colleges including tech colleges on line colleges etc, are booming

It's up to you to find a way, same as we did.
I promise you, it's out there, if you look hard enough

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yes we do expect you to pay your own way, on everything
We did
We saw increases in everything when we were young too

There's a reason big colleges are ruined and small colleges including tech colleges on line colleges etc, are booming

It's up to you to find a way, same as we did.
I promise you, it's out there, if you look hard enough

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Spot on. I paid for my own college. No grants nothing. BA and MS. NOTHING was handed to me. My family was 100% unable to help with tuition. I forged my own path coming from a family with NO college education. It was hard then and hard now. The strong will rise to the top and succeed. Others are left saying how hard and unfair everything is. I teach this lesson to my young kids frequently.