Idaho is now CLOSED.............

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Gr8bawana

not sure if you can read this since your banned for a week, but you are. I'm too busy to patrol for fight pickers and what you posted is picking fights. After the ban expires, please think before you post. It won't be a temporary ban next time.

SunShine

Lil-Rokslider
Nice conservative states with affordable costs of living, modest property and state income taxes, low crime, and decent jobs as a result of business friendly political climates are all feeling the crunch as liberals flee the states they’ve ruined and begin metastasizing in our formerly great places. (Sorry for the run on, product of public schools)

Signed, Dusgruntled, formerly proud Coloradan

Spot freaking on !

Colorado is on its way to look like a sanctuary California state.

Sad

MAGA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

texag10

WKR
Probably true, I think your on the right track there. But I will say I disagree with your opinion of millennials probably because I am one. We're expected to pay for college tuition that has risen 50% in cost in 10 years for jobs that have not risen in wages significantly in relation to inflation since the 80's. Wages overall need to increase as the rich get richer and the middle class shrinks. Its harder today for young people to buy a house and afford kids (let alone hunting gear!) than it was decades ago. I have no issues with people coming here (or moving to my state for that matter) as long as they work hard and do so legally.

The middle class is shrinking because they are moving into the upper class, not because they are sliding into poverty. Do younger people have higher education and housing costs relative to average real income? Yes, I know it for a fact because I am in the same boat. You can still get ahead by working your ass off. I'm 30 and my wife and I already make more than my parents ever did by putting in consistent hard work and making sure you are getting paid for your efforts.

kamptown

FNG
So I’m sorry I didn’t read every post, and if I’m repeating oh well. I can only speak for myself, but if you want to move, do it. My parents moved to Idaho 25 years ago from Nevada, and I moved my family here 7 years ago. I think if you have found a place you like and move there, leave it the way it is! Why the hell would someone move, and try and change it to the place they just left. Stay where you are, please. If you move to any of the aforementioned states, please enjoy them the way they are. Just my thoughts.

as soon as i retire (I am kind of stuck working here in ca for a few more years due to my retirement is just too good to leave) i will be in Idaho. Hopefully my son moves there sooner. I really hope he goes to Boise State. When we do we fully intend to kill a couple of your mule deer and an elk or two every year also. Just look for the Prius with a Rokslide bumper sticker :)

I just read that a new show on HGTV will feature Boise and focus on home restorations in the areas. If this does to Boise what another show did to Waco, expect a lot of attention and new interest.

Billinsd

WKR
as soon as i retire (I am kind of stuck working here in ca for a few more years due to my retirement is just too good to leave) i will be in Idaho. Hopefully my son moves there sooner. I really hope he goes to Boise State. When we do we fully intend to kill a couple of your mule deer and an elk or two every year also. Just look for the Prius with a Rokslide bumper sticker :)
You sound like me, retirement wise. My buddy's son is going to Boise State this fall!! I did a double take on your location. Chico, not San Diego. Small world. Let's start an escape from California Rokslide community in Idaho!!!;)

Bear_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Kamptown, my thoughts exactly. I’ve moved to places where I like the way they are, like AK. Can’t stand when people move up here and want to ban trapping, bear baiting, etc. Guarantee it’s already banned from whatever crap hole they came from, just go back!

HookUp

WKR
Until Idaho flattens out I'm not that worried about the population. I ran into a group of hunters from Nevada last fall who said they would happily hunt Colorado over Idaho due to the steepness of the terrain.

Billinsd

WKR
Until Idaho flattens out I'm not that worried about the population. I ran into a group of hunters from Nevada last fall who said they would happily hunt Colorado over Idaho due to the steepness of the terrain.
The Sawtooth's aren't very Bubba friendly. Colorado ain't too flat either. New Mexico and Arizona are much more gentler.

Gobbler36

WKR

Move to Wyoming, you can have that whole place to yourselves, and start your very own California refugee camp there. 7th in nation for schools as opposed to 47th in Idaho, and you won’t be taking up our trailhead space. Or you can stay in California and try to fight for your great state

Move to Wyoming, you can have that whole place to yourselves, and start your very own California refugee camp there. 7th in nation for schools as opposed to 47th in Idaho, and you won’t be taking up our trailhead space. Or you can stay in California and try to fight for your great state

I hate that leaving here seams to be the best option because I LOVE California for what it offers. Amazing public land, the ocean (which I spend a ton of time on), amazing weather and great opportunities for employment.. it is a tough place to leave. The politics and cost of living just make it very tough...I lean pretty hard on the left side of the fence myself and it is even too much for me.

DavePwns

WKR
If you really want people to stop moving to Idaho from California, Jefferson State needs to become a reality. The main reason people leave California is due to the high taxes and poor politics driven by San Fran and LA, Jefferson State would improve both those with a government that represents that areas population and would prevent a lot of migration

bigdesert10

Lil-Rokslider
I hate that leaving here seams to be the best option because I LOVE California for what it offers. Amazing public land, the ocean (which I spend a ton of time on), amazing weather and great opportunities for employment.. it is a tough place to leave. The politics and cost of living just make it very tough...I lean pretty hard on the left side of the fence myself and it is even too much for me.

If you move here, just remember, when those "there ought to be a law..." ideas crop up, there's a reason you left CA. And any idea that starts with "back in California" is probably going to be summarily mocked and dismissed by your native-Idahoan friends and neighbors. Idaho is great as much for what it isn't as for what it is. Come enjoy it, but leave it alone.

Ntgm37

Lil-Rokslider

If you move here, just remember, when those "there ought to be a law..." ideas crop up, there's a reason you left CA. And any idea that starts with "back in California" is probably going to be summarily mocked and dismissed by your native-Idahoan friends and neighbors. Idaho is great as much for what it isn't as for what it is. Come enjoy it, but leave it alone.

Wyoming is awful, please stay away. Left leaners aren't welcome. My town just passed a new rule to arm our teachers, Wyoming delisted the Grizzly and Wolves, and we don't like public lands being sold off to rich people, many things that our left leaning population has been fighting against. If you move here, as mentioned above, nobody cares what you did in California or any other state. If it was so good, you wouldn't have left. If you move here and I wave to you, I'm not trying to get one over on you...I'm just polite. Don't go and bitch to the city because a "big ugly truck" blew black smoke at your Prius...we like our trucks. Nobody here likes progressive hipster swanky restaurants. Again, If those were so amazing, you wouldn't have left where you came from. If someone is pulled over on the road, maybe see if they need help, they aren't going to rob you.

If all of this seems harsh please realize this happens all the time in my town when a new lib shows up. All of this has been said, or done. We don't like it.

Wyoming is awful, please stay away. Left leaners aren't welcome. My town just passed a new rule to arm our teachers, Wyoming delisted the Grizzly and Wolves, and we don't like public lands being sold off to rich people, many things that our left leaning population has been fighting against. If you move here, as mentioned above, nobody cares what you did in California or any other state. If it was so good, you wouldn't have left. If you move here and I wave to you, I'm not trying to get one over on you...I'm just polite. Don't go and bitch to the city because a "big ugly truck" blew black smoke at your Prius...we like our trucks. Nobody here likes progressive hipster swanky restaurants. Again, If those were so amazing, you wouldn't have left where you came from. If someone is pulled over on the road, maybe see if they need help, they aren't going to rob you.

If all of this seems harsh please realize this happens all the time in my town when a new lib shows up. All of this has been said, or done. We don't like it.

Haha this is real
need more, many many many many more cities, towns like this.

Randle

WKR
I have lived here most of my life and it is annoying when people move in a tell us how back wards we are then say our roads need to be wider and there is too much snow and on and on . Side note: Blowing black smoke from a truck is not right no matter where you are from . Tune that diesel so it runs correctly. It is just unburned fuel . No one is impressed with a truck that rolls coal like that.

Last edited:

SWOHTR

WKR
Tune that diesel so it runs correctly. It is just unburned fuel . No one is impressed with a truck that rolls coal like that.

Yes! Nothing highlights stupidity like blowing money out of your exhaust in the form of unburned fuel. It also tends to piss everyone off, except for the teenagers who think it’s cool.

Your comment about the narrow roads is funny too. My parents complained about that when they visited. I just laughed.