Idaho is now CLOSED.............

Nice conservative states with affordable costs of living, modest property and state income taxes, low crime, and decent jobs as a result of business friendly political climates are all feeling the crunch as liberals flee the states they’ve ruined and begin metastasizing in our formerly great places. (Sorry for the run on, product of public schools)

Signed, Dusgruntled, formerly proud Coloradan

There is a lot of truth to this in some regards, you can see businesses leaving CA and the pacific NW for more business friendly climates. I assume most the red states in the southeast don't classify as "nice conservative states" then? Because there's a lot of proud hillbillies down there and not much for education, health, decent jobs, etc. Funny thing, I couldn't wait to build projects in CA after trying to deal with the workforce in the SE. It was almost like there was an impenetrable culture of hopelessness that blocked ambition or responsibility.

I have lived here most of my life and it is annoying when people move in a tell us how back wards we are then say our roads need to be wider and there is too much snow and on and on . Side note: Blowing black smoke from a truck is not right no matter where you are from . Tune that diesel so it runs correctly. It is just unburned fuel . No one is impressed with a truck that rolls coal like that.

Backwards is one word. :)

Upon entering Idaho I will immediately petition the state to make it illegal to refer to elk as cows or bulls.. from now on only gender non-specific terminology. I will also work to get an in-n-out burger established.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

micus

Lil-Rokslider
I get it!

The area I live in BC is steadily being filled with people from the lower mainland of the province ( Vancouver and surrounding area- our california). Its already impacted my house value in the last year.

Aaron Snyder did an interesting commentary on the effects of the massive liberal CA influx into CO. I think the example he used was the way it impacted bear hunting (no1 on the hitlist everywhere, just lost the Griz hunt in BC this year, I digress). The aged Californians who flooded CO are really good voters it turns out. As the number increased so too did the hunting regs to reflect the new, uhmm lets say cali "Vibe,"

long story short, no more hound hunting in CO, no more spring bear season, etc etc etc.

I think the talk is on Kifaru if you want to listen to it, DEPRESSING stuff.

If it makes you guys feel better, things aren't getting any better north of the border.

blackdawg

WKR
" I assume most the red states in the southeast don't classify as "nice conservative states" then? Because there's a lot of proud hillbillies down there and not much for education, health, decent jobs, etc. Funny thing, I couldn't wait to build projects in CA after trying to deal with the workforce in the SE. It was almost like there was an impenetrable culture of hopelessness that blocked ambition or responsibility. " BINGO ! , it's beyond hopeless here in the southern red states, we lead the way in the dumbing down of America, please spread the good word to all the carpetbaggers from the upper midwest.

Randle

WKR
Backwards is one word. :)

Upon entering Idaho I will immediately petition the state to make it illegal to refer to elk as cows or bulls.. from now on only gender non-specific terminology. I will also work to get an in-n-out burger established.

Thanks fir the grammer leson. See you aren't evon hear yet and trying too change it hear. Haha . Just messing with Sasquatch man. Seriously though, why when asked where they are from, do California's say "South of Lewiston " then get the deer in the headlights look when I say "Oh California " . Say where you are from , then leave the big city ideas there.

gbflyer

WKR
Then there are places like our little S.E. AK town. Land is cheap, housing is affordable. Anything that resembles growth is quickly tamped down by being the environmental conscience for the lower 48, ridiculous energy costs, few good jobs, high - prices food, and dismal Internet connectivity. It is pretty here with millions of acres of public land (even lots of National Park for the non-consumptive crowd). Just gotta keep from starving to death.

cbat

Lil-Rokslider
Don't close it yet. We are moving there sometime in the next year. Looking at properties across the state right now. Everyone thinks they have it bad you should come to SE New Mexico and get you some of this oilfield. The natives are leaving here as fast as we can. Nothing like having a nice place in the country and then boom you have a man camp and multiple oilfield companies throwing up truck yards right across the road from your house.

SWOHTR

WKR
Don't close it yet. We are moving there sometime in the next year. Looking at properties across the state right now. Everyone thinks they have it bad you should come to SE New Mexico and get you some of this oilfield. The natives are leaving here as fast as we can. Nothing like having a nice place in the country and then boom you have a man camp and multiple oilfield companies throwing up truck yards right across the road from your house.

Got a picture? Haven’t heard of this boom.

This happens every time the economy starts to boom. Construction takes off, with real estate and everything else in tow. Prices rise, fuel shoots up, a few people get filthy rich all over again, and the exodus out of California begins. Idaho happens to be a very popular target. Farms turn to subdivisions from Boise to the Canadian border, housing prices nearly double, city planners thump their chests at their alleged "success". Most of us have seen this before. The money flows at a fever pitch until a hiccup sends it tumbling. Some of the transplants stay and cry about everything, from wages to the school kids reciting the Pledge of Allegiance. Some leave for greener pastures, and some return to Cali with their tail between their legs. It's the natural ebb and flow of a financial structure that is very clearly mired in extreme greed, and based on taking everything while you can. In a short amount of time stocks will tumble, accusations will fill the airways or Internet and bailouts will once again save our largest and most irresponsible corporations so they can live to fleece us again. Good news is.....most of those involved in the exodus don't hunt and won't fill our trailheads or canyons with additional orange vests, and there's generally not enough of them to cause much damage to our conservative, outdoor based way of life.

Gobbler36

WKR
This happens every time the economy starts to boom. Construction takes off, with real estate and everything else in tow. Prices rise, fuel shoots up, a few people get filthy rich all over again, and the exodus out of California begins. Idaho happens to be a very popular target. Farms turn to subdivisions from Boise to the Canadian border, housing prices nearly double, city planners thump their chests at their alleged "success". Most of us have seen this before. The money flows at a fever pitch until a hiccup sends it tumbling. Some of the transplants stay and cry about everything, from wages to the school kids reciting the Pledge of Allegiance. Some leave for greener pastures, and some return to Cali with their tail between their legs. It's the natural ebb and flow of a financial structure that is very clearly mired in extreme greed, and based on taking everything while you can. In a short amount of time stocks will tumble, accusations will fill the airways or Internet and bailouts will once again save our largest and most irresponsible corporations so they can live to fleece us again. Good news is.....most of those involved in the exodus don't hunt and won't fill our trailheads or canyons with additional orange vests, and there's generally not enough of them to cause much damage to our conservative, outdoor based way of life.

Guess the only thing I can hope for then is a huge tank and another huge recession

sneaky

"DADDY"
I agree - the immigrants should come here legally. I'm not fully versed on immigrant issues but it appears that the illegal immigrant issue needs to be resolved. I also think we should open our borders to attract more legal immigrants. Germany did this recently and got a lot of flack for it but in the end I believe it will help them economically and socially (I hope).
Germany is being destroyed from within by those immigrants. Look up the increase on crimes against women committed by these immigrants, and ask yourself again if you want that mentality here. They aren't moving to Germany for work, they are unskilled laborers. That isn't what Germany needs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Billinsd

WKR
Two co-workers looked at Boise last summer and where put off at all the tract housing and how close together the houses are. Just like California, they said. The one guy is leaning towards Oregon.

Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
I just left a customer's house in Meridian. A 2A supporter who retired here from Redding. He said it's changed so much here since the 90s he's almost questioning the move lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Guess the only thing I can hope for then is a huge tank and another huge recession
It'll happen, just a matter of time. I'm thinking I'll be ready to move that way after the next set of boom and busts. I'll have enough money to buy in on the bust and my family in Idaho that I can't stand will be mostly gone. Just Have faith in the Intellectuals that run this country ability to fail.

Billinsd

WKR
Californians like me that have hundreds and hundreds of thousands don't need a boom or best to move. A real estate boom here is sure helpful, though. Lots are retirees leaving to a tax friendlier place and to get more for their money. Younger and or people who can't afford a house or a nice one are moving to another state. However, Idaho and Utah have really, really poor wages. That's why I haven't left California yet. The land owners and developers in Utah and Idaho are copying the California model and are packing people into shiny, tiny, miniature subdivisions, with gigantic malls, and duck ponds to walk or ride your bike around. My inlaws live in Utah at Daybreak and although it's pretty, I grimace everytime I visit them. They love Salt Lake City, Park City, Sun Valley, and Grand Junction. I mean they love these places, especially the touristy parts They don't get more than 50 feet off the paved road. They complain that Utah is too crowded, from their designed, shoehorned tight, planned community with streets that have barely enough room for two way traffic, and lots the size of postage stamps, with 8x10 foot yards. However, the duck pond is to die for, as is the view of the Copper mine in the summer. Not my cup of tea. I'll buy a run down old house with some land and few neighbors, thank you very much!!

Last edited:

ohoopee

WKR
It is bad if people are moving to Texas!!! Car broke down driving thru Texas. 45 yrs later and Texas still gives me shivers. You Texans won't have to worry about me:)))). Still remember the Jackrabbit with antlers at the junkyard!!! Not something a small child needs to see when its 110 degrees outside.