Idaho is now CLOSED.............

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Please, please stop moving here. Lots of better places to go like California, Washington, Oregon or Colorado.
Just heard yesterday that the two counties surrounding Boise currently have 688,000 people....WTF??????.?
Meridian had 10,000 people in 1990....... Now has over 106,000.

Randy

Jbehredt

WKR
Nice conservative states with affordable costs of living, modest property and state income taxes, low crime, and decent jobs as a result of business friendly political climates are all feeling the crunch as liberals flee the states they’ve ruined and begin metastasizing in our formerly great places. (Sorry for the run on, product of public schools)

Signed, Dusgruntled, formerly proud Coloradan

Steve rinella is right, were living in the glory days. It's only gonna get worse.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Crippledsledge64

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry but my wife and I are moving there in a year in a half with no plans on changing. You guys are 39th for population and fourteenth for size. Colorado is packed, Oregon Washington and Californian are full of pot head liberals and my home state of Michigan is far more crowded with a lot less elk, bighorns, goats, etc. Until people stop pumping out kids and our population quits rising that's just the new norm wherever you go (except Wyoming). I don't mean to sound unsympathetic but that's just the way it is. If I can find a job in central Idaho where no one is i'd take it in a heartbeat.

Billinsd

WKR
I'd like to move there, or Utah in 5 to 10 years. I'm from the once great state of California. We are over run with illegals and refugees here. Caldenans and Muslims from Iraq by the tens of thousands, Somalians by the thousands. Every day is crazier than the next. Southern states are overflowing will illegals and refugees and people like me are fleeing. Some are leaving due to the high cost of homes. I know a young foreman is moving his family to a suburb of Boise after helping his wife's relatives move there. He will continue to work in San Diego and fly to Boise on the weekends, because the wages in Boise are terrible. His superintendent who is my age built a huge house in Hurricane, Utah. Another co-worker bought a house in Cedar City several years ago and spent long weekends there, until he retired. Another one to Saint George. Alot of Utahans are moving out of Utah to Idaho too. Most people I know that are retiring are moving the hell out of California. The best Californias in general, ones with money, are tired of crazyness are moving. A good portion of them will bring liberal ideas with them. Not me, I'll be searching for places that most Californians don't want to move.

Last edited:
The native residents from the greatest state in the union would also kindly ask that people quit moving here as well! The Republic of Texas doesn’t want you! Go away!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TWF

FNG
Entire Country. Gentlemen I hate to break it to you but the entire country is headed in the same direction, liberalization. I am writing from what was once a great bastion of conservatism in Texas but due to the influx of Californians and the results of all those years of unchecked illegal immigration, Texas to is on the road to stupid. From El Paso south to Brownsville and east to Austin and San Antonio the liberals have already conquered. We have been out immigrated and breed and our only hope now is a few conservative leaders in the Hispanic community that can hopefully lead their communities to the light or we will simply get outnumbered, only a matter of time. Also a product of public schooling so I’m lucky if any of this makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billinsd

WKR
The liberal New Yorkers are the real culprit. They poisoned California in the 60s and 70s and are poisoning Texas. Don't you Texans rember the New Yorkers flooding Texas in 80s with their I love New York bumper stickers? New Yorkers poisoned Californians who are poisoning other states.

Shepherd

Lil-Rokslider
Not trying to be argumentative, but overall population growth is not really a problem anymore in the US or most of the world. I can see where it may be a problem in certain locales mentioned here, but that's mainly due to migration of people from one state to another.

A lot of countries (the US included) are having economic problems due demographics - the population is aging and we don't have enough economically productive people to support the aged population who are not working anymore. Birthrates have gone down and that exacerbates the problem. We don't have enough people to fill jobs, our unemployment rate is very low historically which is crimping our economic growth. IMO we need more immigrants to fill these jobs given the decline in birthrates and the aging of the population.

Sorry to go off on a tangent. I know some of you will disagree - I respect your opinion.

Crippledsledge64

Lil-Rokslider
Not trying to be argumentative, but overall population growth is not really a problem anymore in the US or most of the world. I can see where it may be a problem in certain locales mentioned here, but that's mainly due to migration of people from one state to another.
A lot of countries (the US included) are having economic problems due demographics - the population is aging and we don't have enough economically productive people to support the aged population who are not working anymore. Birthrates have gone down and that exacerbates the problem. We don't have enough people to fill jobs, our unemployment rate is very low historically which is crimping our economic growth. IMO we need more immigrants to fill these jobs given the decline in birthrates and the aging of the population.

Sorry to go off on a tangent. I know some of you will disagree - I respect your opinion.

I respect your opinion and even agree with it in some aspects. I live in the middle of apple country and these orchard guys can't get anyone to do their work even paying above minimum for half the hard work the migrants put it. I do think that people should come here legally however and we should look at our system. That being said, OP seems frustrated that his state is being filled up, part of that is due to the low cost of living in Idaho. I would think with the mass exodus of Californians to states like Idaho, Colorado, or Texas for that matter would make people want more conservative hunting focused people moving to their state such as my wife and I. Being told to go back to where I came from by fellow Roksliders let alone Americans is shameful in my eyes. Things will not stay the way they were one way or another unfortunately.
Farm raised and public schooled so I'm lucky I can even work a keyboard.

Shepherd

Lil-Rokslider
I agree - the immigrants should come here legally. I'm not fully versed on immigrant issues but it appears that the illegal immigrant issue needs to be resolved. I also think we should open our borders to attract more legal immigrants. Germany did this recently and got a lot of flack for it but in the end I believe it will help them economically and socially (I hope).

Billinsd

WKR

I respectfully disagree with pretty much everything thing you said. Out of control population growth of uneducated third world corrupt and or war torn countries is positively destroying the planet. We have a huge aging baby boomer group, yes, I agree with you on that. The younger generations are a disaster, gen x not so much, millenials, omg! Most immigrants coming in, legal, illegal, refugee, and overwhelming on welware, which is making matters worse. Shepard, I recommend doing some more research. No disrespect. We can agree to disagree. : ) Bill

Billinsd

WKR
I respect your opinion and even agree with it in some aspects. I live in the middle of apple country and these orchard guys can't get anyone to do their work even paying above minimum for half the hard work the migrants put it. I do think that people should come here legally however and we should look at our system. That being said, OP seems frustrated that his state is being filled up, part of that is due to the low cost of living in Idaho. I would think with the mass exodus of Californians to states like Idaho, Colorado, or Texas for that matter would make people want more conservative hunting focused people moving to their state such as my wife and I. Being told to go back to where I came from by fellow Roksliders let alone Americans is shameful in my eyes. Things will not stay the way they were one way or another unfortunately.
Farm raised and public schooled so I'm lucky I can even work a keyboard.
Orchard guys should pay more money for people to pick their apples. Someone could design a mechanical apple picker that requires little unskilled labor. Orchard guys could pick another line of work. I'd rather pay $10 for an apple, or more for apples or not eat any than to pay huge taxes to pay for welfare for an apple pickers family of 6, so the Orchard guys don't have to pay apple pickers a lot of money. No where in the Constitution does it say I have the right to cheap apples or Orchard guys have the right to cheap labor. I remember learing about supply and demand economics and capitalism. When did our public schools outllaw captilasm? This is ruining our country in my opinion. That's just me, though.

Last edited:

Trial153

WKR
orchard guys need to pay more money for people to pick their apples. I'd rather pay $10 for an apple, or more for apples or not eat any that to pay huge taxes to pay for welfare for an apple pickers family of 6, so the orchard guys don't have to pay apple pickers a lot of money. No where in the constitution does it say i have the right to cheap apples. That's just me, though.

x2 ......