Dear Kifaru R&D...

You guys are creative, how about coming up with a solution for carrying a sidearm in a manner that makes sense and is universally adaptable to any weapon/any holster? I prefer my sidearm at 11 O'clock for crossdraw with my right hand. I use a Bianchi holster tucked into the gap between my pack belt and small pocket but it is not completely secure this way.

30743826_10215743912091878_6103332244842086400_n.jpg

Perhaps you could devise some sort of accessory that would enable us to attach our sidearms to our packs but can easily be removed and transferred to our pants belt if/when we need to drop our pack (like when you're in the closing yards of a stalk). I know I'm not the only person to try and fail in accomplishing this. I've tried chest holsters (loud when wearing a pack and get in the way of a bino bivy), drop holsters that drag your weapon through wet brush, shoulder harnesses that don't work, etc. The Gunbearer solved so many problems for rifle packing, can't ya do something comparable for sidearms?

Get_creative.jpg

Last edited:
Just put a high quality kydex OWB holster on the webbing. It's really not complicated. I'm planning to put mine in a Tombstone to keep it out of the elements more.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Banned
OP
Where's Bruce?
I considered this however, this option does not provide for quick release.

il_570xN.1415100703_kroa.jpg

What is needed is some sort of buckle or Velcro or something that can lock the holster in and release it easily, without fumbling.

• Banned
OP
Where's Bruce?
Just put a high quality kydex OWB holster on the webbing. It's really not complicated. I'm planning to put mine in a Tombstone to keep it out of the elements more.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Again, looking for a universal accessory that can secure any sidearm/any holster for quick transfer from pack to pants.

I found a way to carry extra magazines for everyday CCW convenience...I think there must be a comparably creative solution for strapping sidearms to packs and pants.

[video=youtube;8f-VKcRaKs4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=124&v=8f-VKcRaKs4[/video]

Last edited:

PNWTO

Lil-Rokslider
Again, looking for a universal accessory that can secure any sidearm/any holster for quick transfer from pack to pants.

The Safariland QLS system would be my choice. The G-Code RTI is a close second. The RTI will also allow you to adjust cant.

Honestly it may be cheaper to buy two holsters.

[video=youtube;uJaBUPf4a7c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJaBUPf4a7c[/video]

[video=youtube;RQiOUd9NeIQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQiOUd9NeIQ[/video]

Last edited:

Beendare

WKR
It seems a bit obvious to me as I have an assortment of holsters...but heres why you DON'T want universal holster......fit is important.

You want it to fit...but then you want it universal....can't have both. A holster that fit your revolver like a glove ain't gonna work for a G20.

Get one of the good leather guys to make a holster for your SW 329....and you will see there is a huge difference between that and some universal cordura holster.

Semi auto...those custom fit Kydex just mate with your pistol so nice....locks it in there....still drawing super fast. Then its up to you whether it covers the trigger guard, etc.

I bet the guys here will have a suggestion for a custom leather guy...anyway...thats my take.

searched hi-low. Never found that perfect system.
I ended up Stuffing it in the mesh pocket behind my bino harness (AGC), and running a small diameter bungie at a 45* to help secure it more, while still allowing a 1 handed quick draw

Biggest reason I guess is, I always want it on me, and the bino harness is, the pack isn't always

Meshnasty

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds similar to the tombstone, but I carry my shield in a remora with the clip. Goes between the webbing and hip belt when my pack is on. If I drop my pack, I unclip the holster and carry iwb at 4 o'clock. My gun stays out of the way this way for me. It may not be as comfortable carrying iwb at 11 o'clock though.

I run a blackhawk Strike Platform with a quick disconnect so I can move between my pack, a waist paddle or my tactical leg rig. Then have a serpa holster that mounts to everything I could ever want

530Chukar

WKR
Many people seem to be happy with the JC Custom Kydex holsters. Find him on Instagram. Holsters are made to specifically marry to the kifaru waist belt. I haven’t had my hands on one so I don’t know how easy it comes off but it looks pretty simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m sewing a daypack right now with concealed on seam zipper pockets with interior pals webbing for holster attachment, where the back and side panels meet. For discreet EDC. Allows for a cross body draw, and you can remove your holster from the pack and put it on your waistband belt whatever. You could take that same concept and apply it in the fashion of a Dana Design Rib which was a pouch that connected to the lower webbing of the shoulder strap that connects to the bottom of the frame and attached to the hip belt. Super handy and came “wet” or “dry”

b1dcb91b5fe45d072354b6a64588c01b.jpg

OP
Where's Bruce?
I’m sewing a daypack right now with concealed on seam zipper pockets with interior pals webbing for holster attachment, where the back and side panels meet. For discreet EDC. Allows for a cross body draw, and you can remove your holster from the pack and put it on your waistband belt whatever. You could take that same concept and apply it in the fashion of a Dana Design Rib which was a pouch that connected to the lower webbing of the shoulder strap that connects to the bottom of the frame and attached to the hip belt. Super handy and came “wet” or “dry”

b1dcb91b5fe45d072354b6a64588c01b.jpg

FINALLY someone who grasps the difference between an ACCESSORY and a holster. Thank you.

Sure thing. Looks like mystery ranch is still doing ribs, but it would take some modification to really work for your application- there would need to be added some pals or whatever holster attachment you’d need to the interior of it.

OP
Where's Bruce?
I envisioned something simple like a t shaped strap. The top (horizontal) straps of the "t" would pass through the slits of the holster (where the belt usually goes) and the two ends would connect via Velcro or snap or small buckle and the extra long bottom of the "t" (primary strap) would wrap around the packbelt with a small, quick release buckle. To remove the holster from it's secured place behind the pocket, you would release the primary strap buckle (vertical strap) and pull the gun and holster upwards and out.

30743826_10215743912091878_6103332244842086400_n.jpg

OP
Where's Bruce?
Juan, you should post those pics you sent me of your H design. It is a truly universal solution. How you figured this out and made a prototype so quickly is beyond me but you did it! Now ya just gotta give it a good name. Maybe a Pack-Lash or something.