Yeti drops NRA?

oldgoat

WKR
That doesn't seem to make much sense for that type of company, wonder if Orion will step up to fill the vacuum?

kamptown

FNG
I hope everyone will share this. Spread the word far and wide. Yeti has made so much money from sportsman. What a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are a bunch of spineless jellyfish running some of these companies. So I guess it goes without asking that yeti is anti 2A

My gut reaction is to let this play out and determine 1) if this is true, and 2) why Yeti made this decision. When a company decides to not remain a sponsor of an organization, it does not automatically follow that they are suddenly against that organization. Sometimes it's simply a matter of business and using revenues as they see most appropriate. I have no idea in this case, but I won't be quick to judge or declare wrongdoing.

SWOHTR

WKR
For those who are now anti Yeti, I will take all of your coolers. I’ll give you $5 each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
My gut reaction is to let this play out and determine 1) if this is true, and 2) why Yeti made this decision. When a company decides to not remain a sponsor of an organization, it does not automatically follow that they are suddenly against that organization. Sometimes it's simply a matter of business and using revenues as they see most appropriate. I have no idea in this case, but I won't be quick to judge or declare wrongdoing.
I agree, but if turns out they're going to bite the hand that feeds them (us gun owners), I'm done with Yeti.

hodgeman

WKR

Exactly..even though Yeti pioneered the $300 cooler market, they're facing some serious competition over the last couple of years. It simply might be a matter of economics rather than politics. While most orgs pay something for the products for fundraisers, it's below the wholesale cost and might not even cover the production costs.

Until Yeti says something political...I'm ignoring the brouhaha.

Until Yeti says something political...I'm ignoring the brouhaha.

That's my approach exactly. I'm not going to support a company which advocates against sportsmen or 2A. I'm almost willing to bet money that isn't the case here. Let Yeti elaborate.

Yeah right so all of the sudden they decide to cut ties with the NRA after a multi year collaboration. My guess is they folded under the heat like the rest of the orgs that have recently cut ties with the NRA.

AustinL911

Lil-Rokslider
If you guys need some entertaining reading the comments on Yeti's facebook page are getting pretty awesome

LOL. It's not going well for them. I hope for their sake this is some sort of misunderstanding. I wonder if this decision had anything to do with them withdrawing their IPO.

JFKinYK

Lil-Rokslider
A couple of my favorites:

You guys are some real rocket scientist working at YETI...Yeti drops the NRA foundation. Wel let it be known that i have bought my last YETI as a person who gives them as gifts and uses them throughout my life I will no longer be buying anything from YETI

Are you guys seriously that stupid or has ARTIC just bitten into your market so much that you’re trying to capture the lefties outside of your base market?

Hunters and fisherman are your market!

You’ve gotta be one of the most blind companies I’ve ever seen.

-FYI, your brand has never been worth the cost. IMO only idiots would it certainly still pay those prices.......you’ve sealed the deal for your ultimate demise. Hahaha

No NRA no yeti! I'll use a foam cooler rather than yours , in fact yours will be in little pieces shortly

I’ll drink warm beer first.

Surely Yeti isn’t that stupid. The company was born and raised in God, Guns and Oil country.

Even if they are cutting back on their .org segment, you don’t cut them off, you price yourself out....

Man RITC who I always shook my head at due to some what of an integrity position is about to take the South Market.