Yeti drops NRA?

HookUp

WKR
The cooler market is becoming saturated. Yeti is still the most recognized name in the game. The NRA is a difficult partner when one half the country loves you and the other half hates you. They are a business and its about sales or they go out of business. Bash them if you will but I will hold my judgement. They sponsor a number of hunters who are the best spokesman for hunters. Being a Texas company they could have easily promoted the quad driving ranch hunters the state is full of.

OP
D
Im sure the PR team has crafted a masterful and eloquently worded response already. Something to do with fianaces and nothing political, im sure.

Mosby

WKR
I just sent them an email to their CS. Let them know that I have bought Orca, Engel, Thermos and Grizzly products this year. Not a single YETI product. Adios amigos. I do not do business with companies that do not want to be associated with me or who don't feel my rights are important.
I may do business with some out of ignorance but when they take a public stand, they loose or gain my business.

We need new pillows in our house. Mypillows.com is getting our business. They refused to stop advertising with Fox News and ignored the political pressure and I think it is important that it works both ways. It doesn't always have to be gun or hunting stuff.

SWOHTR

WKR
Has anyone here ever heard, “There are two sides to every story?” Besides Kevin and one or two others above...

Let the other side come out before you bash someone or some thing. Calm down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fatcamp

WKR
A quick look at their Fakebook page shows where there priorities lie.

Incremtalism. First the evil black rifles, then handguns, then pump shotguns, then........

And fools among us will go along with each step. Meh. So it is.

OP
D
Not at all bashing, but as they do whats best for them and their wallets, i will do the same. If youre waiting to read a statement from them other than "It was a financial decision and we absolutely love hunters (specifically)" then i believe our hair will long go gray or vanish all together before then. Could be wrong, its happened before... i think.

Trial153

WKR
Orion coolers isnt that a division of Jackson Kayak....sponsors of BHA. Looks like a good company to support.

I also think we should look at the history of some of the " yeti alternatives " who have they been supporting all this time? NRA? RMEF ect ect.....or nobody?
It seems we would all do better to have a longer history that adds context other then what took place in..the last 10 hours or so. I know its it hard...but but but .

I for one will wait and see what there rational is before I make any judgements or condemnation.

LitenFast

WKR
I won’t get too fired up about Yetis move until more info comes out just yet, but favorite comment on their Facebook page so far is
#notmycooler

Ha!

NDGuy

WKR
Never bought their stuff anyways Grizzly and RTIC you can get for half the price and even better on sale.

Coleman is good too :)

dotman

WKR
Orion coolers isnt that a division of Jackson Kayak....sponsors of BHA. Looks like a good company to support.

I also think we should look at the history of some of the " yeti alternatives " who have they been supporting all this time? NRA? RMEF ect ect.....or nobody?
It seems we would all do better to have a longer history that adds context other then what took place in..the last 10 hours or so. I know its it hard...but but but .

I for one will wait and see what there rational is before I make any judgements or condemnation.

I know yeti has long been a supporter of RMEF and DU, this burn at the stake mentality is what the left does, common we are better then that. Corporations change sponsors al the time, if they start sponsoring HSUS then yes let’s boycott them but if they move the sponsorship $$ from the NRA to BHA then all you negative posters look like fools.

Trial153

WKR
I know yeti has long been a supporter of RMEF and DU, this burn at the stake mentality is what the left does, common we are better then that. Corporations change sponsors al the time, if they start sponsoring HSUS then yes let’s ban them but if they move the sponsorship $$ from the NRA to BHA then all you negative posters look like fools.
no matter how this pans it. either way your only as good as your last ballgame sportsman. Its bullshit.

twall13

WKR
I have to look at history before jumping to conclusions on this one. Yeti has supported a lot of conservation in the past, and they clearly know who their customers are. Of course I don't want to see them stop supporting the NRA but I still think they do more elsewhere than most other brands in the cooler industry so it seems foolish to hastily jump ship on them so to speak. I just got a yeti tumbler when I upped my RMEF membership recently. If I remember correctly they are involved with 2% For Conservation as well. I see a lot of guys saying they are buying RTIC instead now, do they support any conservation organizations? I'm asking in earnest as I don't know the answer.

I'm not coming at this as a Yeti fanboy, I personally think Orion coolers are the top cooler out there anyway and I like the value of my Canyon cooler compared to the Yeti. I'm just saying it doesn't make sense to trash Yeti without knowing more. No longer donating money/products somewhere is not that same as being against it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The cooler market is becoming saturated. Yeti is still the most recognized name in the game. The NRA is a difficult partner when one half the country loves you and the other half hates you. They are a business and its about sales or they go out of business. Bash them if you will but I will hold my judgement. They sponsor a number of hunters who are the best spokesman for hunters. Being a Texas company they could have easily promoted the quad driving ranch hunters the state is full of.

Idaho is closer to quads then Texas, since Idaho has public land dirt bike access. All of TX public land is non motorized.

Termination of an MSA/sales agreement is making a statement. There are softer ways of existing a market such as subtlety pricing yourself out.

But then again wouldn’t surprise me Yeti, just drops mics and doesn’t care about consequences. We watched yeti loose a $50 million a year “gas station” customer down here, over a peeing match, when that gas station added a competitors vacuum walled cup. Yeti pissing off the gas station pretty much guaranteed the survival of an emerging competitor.

Yeti Is built and sustained by the south, Texas alone has more hunting license holders then Wy, MO, and ID combined. That’s not even counting the boating and fishing sector. Most bay boats run 1-5 coolers. Hell oil field customer gift segment is another huge market, good luck finding a anti NRA oilfield guy in Texas.. Bad spot for yeti. Texas market won’t tolerate anti 2nd much, be interesting to see Yeti’s response.

Last edited:
this burn at the stake mentality is what the left does

This is funny. Obviously its what PEOPLE do. Funny to watch the pot call the kettle black in politics as its always "them", from both sides.

That aside I also don't get the pitchforks and torches. You have a company participating in donations to the NRA. One company in a segment of companies. A segment of companies where how many others are sponsoring the NRA with direct charity? Do all of those other cooler companies donate to the NRA? I don't know. Suddenly they don't wish to give to the NRA. This relationship obviously costs them money and maybe they need to shore up the bottom line. We don't know how much this relationship costs them. So now we need to hate a company for basically doing what most companies do which is not give money to the NRA? I am not a Yeti owner, would never pay that for a cooler, I don't really care what they do but all this seams a little pre mature.

nrh6.7

WKR
The last sentence here I find a bit strange. They won't "sell" to the NRA Foundation.

“Suddenly, without prior notice, YETI has declined to do business with The NRA Foundation saying they no longer wish to be an NRA vendor, and refused to say why. They will only say they will no longer sell products to The NRA Foundation..."

sneaky

"DADDY"
Orca and Orion coolers are made in Tennessee, the patron state of shootin' stuff. Orion supports BHA, Orca coolers donates to Mule Deer Foundation for sure, because they have MDF branded Orca coolers at all their banquets. Be interesting to see what the real decision behind this was, but I'll support companies from my home state first.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The last sentence here I find a bit strange. They won't "sell" to the NRA Foundation.

“Suddenly, without prior notice, YETI has declined to do business with The NRA Foundation saying they no longer wish to be an NRA vendor, and refused to say why. They will only say they will no longer sell products to The NRA Foundation..."

Correct they aren’t gifted they are sold at wholesale or a special .org pricing.

Just Like life members of REMF getting Sitka jackets, Sitka didn’t give REMF those jackets, they sold them at a discounted price. Same with the DU branded yeti at thier local chapter fundraisers...DU bought those

DougP

Lil-Rokslider
. Texas market won’t tolerate anti 2nd much, be interesting to see Yeti’s response.

I read the link original post. Here’s what I understand from the information presented there and in the subsequent commentary.

1. Yeti has donated to NRA previously and has declined to continue. No explanation given.
2. The NRA hired gun publicly shames their long-term benefactor.
3. Multiple people on this site use these ‘facts’ to call Yeti anti 2nd amendment.

Am I missing something? If anything, the NRA is biting the hand that feeds them, which I think is absolutely classless.

In previous years I’ve donated to St. Jude Children’s research hospital, but I chose not to last year. The reason is no one’s business, but it certainly isn’t because I’ve become pro-kiddie cancer.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
If any rokslider finds out for sure that this is true, please let the rest of us know.......I would prematurely hate to shoot up what yeti products I have.
I will also try and reach their customer service.
This kind of crap sucks. But I will not EVER buy another one of their products if this post is factual.

Randy