Yeti drops NRA?

CorbLand

WKR
I like rokslide. It’s a great forum. Lots of information provided but I can tell you that the thing that keeps me coming back is the comedic value provide from threads like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Someone needs to do the Monty Python "Bring out yer dead" skit. Yeti can be the one saying "but I'm not dead yet".

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

What an uproar we tend to raise, even before we have facts.

Imagine you own a business and you advertise with or sponsor an entity for some number of years. Then, for whatever reason, you decide it's no longer something you wish to do. You haven't made a single negative statement; just that you no longer wish to be a sponsor. And then that entity immediately attacks you and tries to harm your business. What entity does that? In fairness I'm not aware of any aggressive or negative statements in an official capacity from the NRA directed at Yeti, but the social media reaction and behavior is wildly hostile.

Sponsoring the NRA? That must be like dating a wealthy and popular woman. Heaven forbid you ever decide it's time to change things up and move on, as she'll become the girlfriend from hell...bent on causing you much pain and suffering for your decision to leave her. We're in an age where people are hypersensitive to the simplest things. You don't want to hug me? That means you're likely my enemy now. I have trouble understanding how we've become so quick to judge and pronounce sentence. That's not the world I live in. Then again....I guess it is.

I googled and found nothing that shows any details to convince me one way or another.
I'm sure many of you, though not all , have done the same.
Let's not turn RS into FB. Verify facts first folks, and no I am not promoting Snopes.
lol

My initial thought was they would not give ramblers to NRA upgrades any more.
Then I read all the threads and thought they were going to be a part of digging up Charleston Heston.
lol

Carry on, that is all.........

KurtR

WKR
I just searched it and found 20 plus sites discussing this. You would think if not true yeti would try and say something to slow down the hate from their biggest customers. The fishing sites are even more brutal than hunting ones.

Never bought anything from the company, don't need it. I was surprised to read they "broke ties" with the NRA. IF it's true it's sad, there is very little integrity left in this world everyone just wants to make $$, and IF they let public opinion " the moronic public" sway them I am glad they never got any of my money.

Btaylor

WKR
Kevin, while I tend to agree with what you have posted above, I find it difficult to believe the NRA would take a company to task for dropping support for purely economic reasons. While there appears to be no statement of "why" made public by yeti, it certainly appears by the NRA reaction that there were private discussions. I do not own a single product from yeti so I don't have a dog in the hunt.

sndmn11

WKR
Orion coolers isnt that a division of Jackson Kayak....sponsors of BHA. Looks like a good company to support.

I also think we should look at the history of some of the " yeti alternatives " who have they been supporting all this time? NRA? RMEF ect ect.....or nobody?
It seems we would all do better to have a longer history that adds context other then what took place in..the last 10 hours or so. I know its it hard...but but but .

I for one will wait and see what there rational is before I make any judgements or condemnation.

Grizzly coolers has the history you are looking for.

The more I research and seek out info on this, I find more discomfort in the timing of this act. Reading Yeti's company info on website, they are "pro hunting, fishing, getting their own wild game meat".......
-with that said, it does appear they could be setting a precedent that one can be pro hunting yet not pro NRA

Perhaps, One can see a line being drawn in the sand, a new line, where the division in this country is even touching the very heart beat of 2A defenders.

If this in fact is the case,
I wonder how many will take their lead and say "I am pro hunting, but not pro NRA"

A strange move on Yeti's part to say the least, especially with all the other companies disconnecting with the NRA in this season.

Time will tell, but I bet what we all think inside is what will surface

The more I research and seek out info on this, I find more discomfort in the timing of this act. Reading Yeti's company info on website, they are "pro hunting, fishing, getting their own wild game meat".......
-with that said, it does appear they could be setting a precedent that one can be pro hunting yet not pro NRA

Perhaps, One can see a line being drawn in the sand, a new line, where the division in this country is even touching the very heart beat of 2A defenders.

If this in fact is the case,
I wonder how many will take their lead and say "I am pro hunting, but not pro NRA"

A strange move on Yeti's part to say the least, especially with all the other companies disconnecting with the NRA in this season.

Time will tell, but I bet what we all think inside is what will surface

If that is the case " pro hunting but not pro 2A" that would be a pretty ignorant stance to take, In my opinion. People want to separate us as gun owners. Divide and conquer ,nit pick, "well this could be that but not used for hunting purposes". The second amendment is not about hunting, that is true, it is about overthrowing a tyrannical government. The ability to hunt and provide food for yourself and your family is a God given right. OF course the people trying to divide us don't believe in God in the first place. By caving in just a little it sets a precedent that other's might follow and that would be concerning. That's the big picture some CEO chasing money doesn't get.

Yep I agree
But many left leaners practice emotional action not logical

To be pro hunting but not pro 2a, seems crazy doesn't it?

Kind of like many things coming out of California lately

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mt Al

WKR

That defines a lot of people, not saying I'm one. The left is and will continue to use that tactic to chip away at the NRA and the 2nd amendment.

Yeti egos vs. NRA egos: both HUGE. It possible that the NRA uses the tactics that the left does: I'll use a PR campaign to burn you down if you don't pay up. The left would do it loudly in the leftist press, NRA (if they do) would use boards like this to fan the flames. I can see Yeti kicking them in the tenders after one of those NRA corporate donor ass-hats shows up with a "co-branding" handout.

I can't bring myself to join the Yeti cult, the price/performance is laughable for my personal situation. If I owned an off shore boat maybe not. To each their own.

I am all for not jumping to conclusions, but if you are the media guy for a big company and you are about to make a move that would raise eyebrows don't you think you would release a statement immediately?

Seriously, not partaking in the roasting yet, just amazed that as a company you would not get in front of the story. What ever your reason is give an explanation. Seems strange but what the heck do I know

tttoadman

WKR
I will jump on the sword. I am pro-Hunting, but I am "undecided" about the NRA. I believe in a lot of what they say, but they are just as dug in as the other side and unwilling to discuss change.

As far as Yeti, I will never spend that much money on a cooler. It is reasonable for any company to pick and choose where they get the best return on their investment. If supporting the NRA is the worst return whether revenue or political, then it will be the first to go.

I read the link original post. Here’s what I understand from the information presented there and in the subsequent commentary.

1. Yeti has donated to NRA previously and has declined to continue. No explanation given.
2. The NRA hired gun publicly shames their long-term benefactor.
3. Multiple people on this site use these ‘facts’ to call Yeti anti 2nd amendment.

Am I missing something? If anything, the NRA is biting the hand that feeds them, which I think is absolutely classless.

In previous years I’ve donated to St. Jude Children’s research hospital, but I chose not to last year. The reason is no one’s business, but it certainly isn’t because I’ve become pro-kiddie cancer.

Re-read it, they terminated thier sales agreement with The NRA’s charity fundraising divison(group that does hunters ed,, shooting instructions etc), it’s the same or similar sales agreement/MSA they have with DU, Delta, RMEF etc. it’s a special sales price like wholesale or a touch less.

A lot of times when you do a raffle etc the item was bought at a discounted price. If you sell 100 tickets @ 3 dollars and you only paid 50 for the product. The .org made $250.

Texas is very pro NRA and 2nd, bad decisions in my mind to simply terminate the MSA/Sales agreement, smarter ways of existing a client

Last edited:

GLB

WKR
I have a Yeti travel mug that I use and like, and will probably continue to use it. As far as some being pro hunting but not pro NRA I would at least hope that you are pro 2A. Hunting and the 2A certainly go together.

DougP

Lil-Rokslider
Sponsoring the NRA? That must be like dating a wealthy and popular woman. Heaven forbid you ever decide it's time to change things up and move on, as she'll become the girlfriend from hell...bent on causing you much pain and suffering for your decision to leave her. We're in an age where people are hypersensitive to the simplest things. You don't want to hug me? That means you're likely my enemy now. I have trouble understanding how we've become so quick to judge and pronounce sentence. That's not the world I live in. Then again....I guess it is.

Yes! By far the most offensive fact that has been uncovered is the NRA attempting to publicly disgrace a long-term benefactor because they decided to stop providing support.

I’m going to start a new “I’ll never give them a dime” list with the NRA at the top. God forbid I ever miss a payment and they put me on their list of leftie, commie, anti-gun, sissies.

Dusty2426

WKR
If you think that hunting and 2A don’t go together you are mistaken. We have to band together even if you don’t 100% agree. The nra does so much for 2A and that includes your hunting guns. And don’t think Anti 2A won’t throw in the term “weapons” and there goes your archery equipment. Do I totally agree with nra? No. But this is an “ all or none” situation.

vanish

WKR
Some of you are stating its crazy to be pro hunting and anti-NRA.

Well, I'm pro hunting, pro 2A and unsupportive of the NRA. They may be defending 2A but in my opinion they're led by a bunch of nut jobs. The end does not justify the means.

Bring on the virtual beatdown.