Yeti drops NRA?

Trial153

WKR
What is Yeti comes out and says “ hey we couldn’t afford to partner in this program” simple as that. ....what then? Maybe a little egg on the NRA face? Or will we just over look it.

Also this is coming from a lifetime member. The NRA also many times stated that hunting is a secondary faction in gun ownership, and that the scope of the 2nd is way beyond hunting. I agree with that. However I also feel that is a significant portion of gun owning hunters who’s primary motive of owning a firearm is to hunt. Hunting is not an axillary benefit. It’s their primary motivation.

So when a life time member asks his organization, the NRA why they haven’t taken a position on PLT and all I receive is silence. I better start questioning that organization because obviously we have divergent stance on an issue that directly effects the motivation of hunters to Exercise their 2nd amendment right.

I will jump on the sword. I am pro-Hunting, but I am "undecided" about the NRA. I believe in a lot of what they say, but they are just as dug in as the other side and unwilling to discuss change.

As far as Yeti, I will never spend that much money on a cooler. It is reasonable for any company to pick and choose where they get the best return on their investment. If supporting the NRA is the worst return whether revenue or political, then it will be the first to go.
Just how open to change should an orginization be to changing a fundamental right? In other words should they not dig in and be more open to further violating a persons rights?

Esse quam videri

Fatcamp

WKR
The same group that is chipping away at gun rights will do the same with hunting once they get the room to do so. Look at California.

If you are unable to see where this is headed under leftists leadership then you are purposely ignoring the facts.

The same group that is chipping away at gun rights will do the same with hunting once they get the room to do so. Look at California.

If you are unable to see where this is headed under leftists leadership then you are purposely ignoring the facts.

This is exactly right!!
They have learned the same lesson that the frigging federal gov. learned long ago : They have to be insidious in order to be effective!!!!

I have decided , after 67 years of observation, that change is VERY RARELY for the good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CorbLand

WKR
You have to remember that when 501c3 get the size of the NRA they become more like a business. They enter into agreements with companies that reflect benefits from both sides. It could be that the NRA started making demands that YETI couldn’t provide. How do we know that isn’t the case, maybe the NRA wanted cheaper prices, or more quantity, more advertising, etc and YETI can’t give that to them so YETI had to back out.

I work with a company that provides a lot of donations to many different charities. Some are easy to deal with and are happy for your support. Others want more and more and aren’t overly easy to deal with. I can tell you which ones get told to get bent, but I hope you can figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live in Cali. & your statement is spot on. The same people that hate our guns dont want us hunting either.

Even though we don’t know all the facts as of now, it sure make you suspicious with the current political gun happenings.

I believe there is a mindset and degree of hypersensitivity toward anything which can even remotely be construed as anti 2A, anti gun, anti hunting, or anti NRA. I think it's driven by the degree of attacks directed toward guns and gun owners of late. Anyone says anything even slightly negative toward NRA or 2A risks a public lynching via social media. To me this is indicative of the anti gun folks achieving just what they want, which is to make us appear strident, crazily angry and willing to eat our own.

I'm waiting to see how this Yeti development plays out. If it's simply a business decision (and not anti-sportsmen) I'll be okay with it. If Yeti takes an undeserved brutal pounding from the groups that help make it succeed, the antis will be sure to take some comfort in seeing sportsmen attack a company known to support sportsmen.

“Suddenly, without prior notice, YETI has declined to do business with The NRA Foundation saying they no longer wish to be an NRA vendor, and refused to say why. They will only say they will no longer sell products to The NRA Foundation. That certainly isn't sportsmanlike. In fact, YETI should be ashamed. They have declined to continue helping America's young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities.”

From what I see, Yeti has not made any political statement in reference to this decision. Low class move by the NRA in my opinion.

More of the same polarizing shit of “if you’re not with us you must be against us”. Maybe they are not declining to help youth, but simply want to do so in a different way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MtnOyster

WKR
I'm 100% sure YETI will be dropped like a bad case of Gonorrhea by all outdoor stores in my neck of the woods.

Poser

WKR
Ive been a Yeti hater from the very beginning. I made fun of the coolers, the tumblers, the stickers and the people who bought, used and swore by them. I unfollowed pro hunters who pimped this Bro lifestyle brand on social media. I thought the people who staged these coolers for trophy pics were douchebags. The

I feel vindicated. I also can’t help but laugh at the head explosions.

#TheBromanceIsOver

OP
D
Timing is everything in these matters. Seems extremely coincidental or perhaps severely unlucky for YETI to come out against selling their wares to the the NRA anymore.
For those who are so deadset against anything NRA at this point but supposedly enjoy firearms, A) Who do you support or feel is able to protect those of us that do wish to protect our rights from the all out push from the leftist media and govt to remove guns from our society as we know it, and B) Though im sure ill be accused of living under a rock, please tell me what the NRA has done to make you essentially choose no representation in this matter rather than to support our biggest although not perfect voice? As one of my betters on here has already pointed out, im a fool for not assuming that yetis timing is anything but coincidental, so take the extra steps please and spell these things out for me.

3forks

WKR
Ive been a Yeti hater from the very beginning. I made fun of the coolers, the tumblers, the stickers and the people who bought, used and swore by them. I unfollowed pro hunters who pimped this Bro lifestyle brand on social media. I thought the people who staged these coolers for trophy pics were douchebags. The

I feel vindicated. I also can’t help but laugh at the head explosions.

#TheBromanceIsOver

I agree! However, I should qualify myself and admit that I'm an ethusiatic drinker of cheap domestic beers. I suppose if I had the educated palate of some of these microbrew chugging elitists, I'd want a Yeti to keep my beers the precise temperature at which they were intended to be consumed. In my case, a gas station styrofoam cooler or the cooler I have to bleach out every spring because I was too lazy to drain it works just fine for my Coors Banquets and Raniers (no PBRs or Miller High Lifes anymore since the hipsters started drinking those).

Beendare

WKR
What are you guys waiting for?

Yeti pulled their support for the NRA foundation....thats it. Pretty definitive.

I don't own a Yeti product....I'm glad as I would be pissed off.

No question, they stabbed their customers in the back. All of that advertising to sportsmen.......last I checked, 99.99% of us are responsible gun owners.

I can picture that commercial with the lab in the truck with the cooler...do they expect you to duck hunt without a shotgun?

FLAK

WKR
No Yetis in my house except for a Thermos I got as a gift once.
Certainly wont be buying any now.