Yeti drops NRA?

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll up your $5 and give them $7!

I have 3 yeti tumblers I will be happy to give you. They are yours as soon as I find out from yeti personally what their stance is. I am 95 percent sure that they shit on the NRA but I'll take the high road for a couple more days.

AND....for those of you who don't like the NRA or GOA, what is your alternative? I'd love to hear how YOU are fighting for your gun rights. Read initiative 43 proposal in Oregon.....this is just a start and it's scary crap.
So, if the NRA were to go by by, what do you think would happen? You would have a lot less freedoms and there would be a shitload of people with blind stares, mouths open and saying, "how the hell did this happen and why didn't THEY do something?"
The NRA is NOT killing people.

Randy.

And yes, I support the NRA and GOA and I am DAMN proud of it.

Trial153

WKR
I am getting a kick of all the comments everywhere of people using this as self validation of their lack of yeti product purchases in the past. Never let a see I told you so moment go to waste.

Last edited:
What an uproar we tend to raise, even before we have facts.

Imagine you own a business and you advertise with or sponsor an entity for some number of years. Then, for whatever reason, you decide it's no longer something you wish to do. You haven't made a single negative statement; just that you no longer wish to be a sponsor. And then that entity immediately attacks you and tries to harm your business. What entity does that? In fairness I'm not aware of any aggressive or negative statements in an official capacity from the NRA directed at Yeti, but the social media reaction and behavior is wildly hostile.

Sponsoring the NRA? That must be like dating a wealthy and popular woman. Heaven forbid you ever decide it's time to change things up and move on, as she'll become the girlfriend from hell...bent on causing you much pain and suffering for your decision to leave her. We're in an age where people are hypersensitive to the simplest things. You don't want to hug me? That means you're likely my enemy now. I have trouble understanding how we've become so quick to judge and pronounce sentence. That's not the world I live in. Then again....I guess it is.

What I don't understand about most of these type comments is the reality that as Yeti made a decision, so are the people that say they are done with them. What's the problem with that? Your choices are yours but, so is everyone else's. It goes both ways. No wise crack meant but, to keep insisting that these reactions might not be justified isn't going to prove you right to me or anyone else that see's it as a cause and effect deal. Only says we disagree on this topic.

I don't understand why Yeti would do this. It is suicide for the sportsman market share. What is apparent is the number of vendors and such that ow sell Yeti coolers. It could be linked to their financial provider. Etc.. What isn't hard for me to see is that something has pressured them to openly tell everyone they stoped selling to the NRA. And, in the world we all live in, you choose your sides by the results of your decisions. That's life 101.

Last edited:
Thanks WV. My mind is actually wide open to the possibility this can go any number of ways. Maybe Yeti he turned against the NRA. Maybe not. We'll know in time.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Here is more information:

c10f931c38bdec20e5b7670701137981.jpg

Trial153

WKR
Does this mean I can pour a couple more fingers of Lagavulin 16 into my yeti tumbler?

Trial153

WKR
That depends. Does Lagavulin support the NRA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My friend they are supporting members....they abide on Islay, might as well be in Glasgow or Belfast ....they support the 2nd and the constitution just to stick it the bloody English.

Thanks WV. My mind is actually wide open to the possibility this can go any number of ways. Maybe Yeti he turned against the NRA. Maybe not. We'll know in time.

Yes we will. I'm saying sooner then later too. Because if it has reasoning besides political pressure, Yeti had better officially respond in a massive way in order to try to stop the bleeding.

Our world nowadays one of knee jerk reactions that may or may not be grounded in facts. If someone wants to shun Yeti because of their decision, I really could care less. If someone nobly proclaims they would never spend money on a Yeti anyway, I really could care less.

If Yeti made their decision as s statement against the 2A, then they will have accept consequences either good or bad.

I find two things troubling: 1) the assumptions and accusations being made by the NRA and followers, and 2) the use of social media to incite a mob response prior to knowledge of why decisions were made. These are neither honorable or fair.

Outhunting

Lil-Rokslider
Our world nowadays one of knee jerk reactions that may or may not be grounded in facts. If someone wants to shun Yeti because of their decision, I really could care less. If someone nobly proclaims they would never spend money on a Yeti anyway, I really could care less.

If Yeti made their decision as s statement against the 2A, then they will have accept consequences either good or bad.

I find two things troubling: 1) the assumptions and accusations being made by the NRA and followers, and 2) the use of social media to incite a mob response prior to knowledge of why decisions were made. These are neither honorable or fair.

Fred Eichler just about said the same thing on his Facebook page. Lets put the pitchforks and ropes down for a minute.

2ski

WKR
If that is the case " pro hunting but not pro 2A" that would be a pretty ignorant stance to take, In my opinion. People want to separate us as gun owners. Divide and conquer ,nit pick, "well this could be that but not used for hunting purposes". The second amendment is not about hunting, that is true, it is about overthrowing a tyrannical government. The ability to hunt and provide food for yourself and your family is a God given right. OF course the people trying to divide us don't believe in God in the first place. By caving in just a little it sets a precedent that other's might follow and that would be concerning. That's the big picture some CEO chasing money doesn't get.
Don't believe in God? That's the stupidest thing I've heard this year. Don't agree with something but this is what's wrong in the world today. I don't know whether to laugh at you or shake my head in disbelief. You just showed it comes from both sides. Stupid is as stupid does.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2ski

WKR
Does everyone realize what happened here? If this is what the NRA pulled can some of you see why some of us are pro hunting, pro 2A, but are sick of the NRA doing ish like this. They work everyone up over what? Nothing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Keep it civil or people are going to get banned.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk