Yeti drops NRA?

I'm all about civil and disposing with the insults. Typical social media behaviors. I'm going to excuse myself from this thread and do some research on the actions of Yeti and the NRA. I need facts if I can get them. At this point I don't have a clue whether either entity has misbehaved and deserves the firestorm. Thanks.

yeah there response was lame, if it wasn't political why didn't they make a statement before all the heat they were taking online? Something seems fishy on Yeti's end.

yeah there response was lame, if it wasn't political why didn't they make a statement before all the heat they were taking online? Something seems fishy on Yeti's end.

100% damage control mode. It will all pan out, for thier sake I hope they didn’t terminate that sales agreement in an email.......

A month ago Yeti cancelled their IPO so things are probably not looking to hot for them financially. They were cancelling/modifying many relationships, the NRA probably got a letter similar to the one shown here. But the NRA has never been the type to let a good publicity opportunity go to waste: YETI coolers ends plans to go public and slashes specialty retailers - SNEWS We know outdoors

Yeti should not have overlooked the emotional repose of NRA supporters when it comes to things like this.

A month ago Yeti cancelled their IPO so things are probably not looking to hot for them financially. They were cancelling/modifying many relationships, the NRA probably got a letter similar to the one shown here. But the NRA has never been the type to let a good publicity opportunity go to waste: YETI coolers ends plans to go public and slashes specialty retailers - SNEWS We know outdoors

Yeti should not have overlooked the emotional repose of NRA supporters when it comes to things like this.

A lot of MFG’s are going away from specialty including Firstlite, this isn’t speciality, it’s thier .org divison. Infact .org are probably bigger customers then vast majority of thier speciality stores.

It’s going to be highly interesting to see how Yeti gets out of this one.

vanish

WKR
B) Though im sure ill be accused of living under a rock, please tell me what the NRA has done to make you essentially choose no representation in this matter rather than to support our biggest although not perfect voice?

I'd say videos like "Freedom's Safest Place | The Violence Of Lies" pretty much sums up my problem with the NRA. Divide the country into "them" and "us" has never worked out well. When the NRA takes an entire political stance, and does not stick to just defending the 2A, they tread a very perilous line. Works out just fine if it aligns with your political views ... not so much otherwise.

too late- damage is done.

The price is high any way, and this just adds a reason, right or wrong, to not go with them.
The average American people can see OJ acquitted in court, but still see him as guilty.
Damage is already done....

I'd say videos like "Freedom's Safest Place | The Violence Of Lies" pretty much sums up my problem with the NRA. Divide the country into "them" and "us" has never worked out well. When the NRA takes an entire political stance, and does not stick to just defending the 2A, they tread a very perilous line. Works out just fine if it aligns with your political views ... not so much otherwise.

or was it the political party that set the platform of choice, and the NRA joined those who shared similar view points?

3forks

WKR
I can't really see any mainstream organizations of any size (or outside of the hunting and fishing industry) that are not already affiliated with the NRA becoming partners with them.

I don't feel the NRA is in a tenuous position in regards to funding per se, but obviously they probably needed Yeti to feel the backlash from sportsman to ensure that current organizations affiliated with the NRA aren't quick to cut ties with them.

While the NRA has a strong individual member base, how reliant is the NRA on corporate partners?

From the information I can gather as of right now I think

Yeti is in a sinking ship and throwing relationships overboard left and right to right it. They screwed up (bad it seems) and included the NRA foundation. The NRA was looking for a company to make an example of and jumped right on social media when they found one and burnt them. It seems more than convenient that the media got ahold of this whole situation FROM the NRA. Whose current slogan is join NRA or give up your guns.

I hope to see more info about whether that is close to what's going on. It seems Yeti would have made some bullshit statement like dicks about how military guns are scary or something if they were truly anti 2nd.

I am biased because I get very frustrated with the NRA because I think they make business decisions based on profit and how much they can make vs how much they can help us protect our rights as members/citizens. I hope I am wrong here.

Hard for me to boycott something I don't own though lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lif

WKR
I’m a little confused. Has the NRA released an official statement on yeti? Clearly it doesn’t appear yeti has released any comments but I can’t seem to find a official statement by the NRA. Sorry for my ignorance. Just trying to gather info.

TheTone

WKR
Yep, looks to me like the NRA went scorched earth because they weren't going to get free or as good a deal on product for events which seems petty, ridiculous and sadly not surprising to me. Let me know when the NRA actually comes out against land transfers and stops supporting pro transfer politicians.

I'll keep happily buying and using YETI products.

this thread and the "controversy" around Yeti cracks me up. Yeti is a failing company. Ok maybe not failing but their market share is being greatly reduced. They make business decisions including the decision about who they are going to give a bunch of free product to. this particular NRA sub group got the axe. Frankly i cannot say Yeti will lose my business because aside from a $30 tumblr I won at a fishing dinner I own no Yeti. cannot say i would never own one. I may. Right now there are better options for less money in my opinion. But the $#it storm from the gun world on this is just silly. Million dollar companies make decisions based on how the largest number of people in the market will react and those decisions are many. Their promotional market would be one of those places that gets cut early when business goes south.

CorbLand

WKR
I haven’t seen anything official from either YETI or the NRA. Sounds to me like the NRA is feeling the hurt more than YETI is at the moment.

Post on another forum from someone that called to notify yeti of their boycott was told it's not true and that Yeti is releasing a statement later today.