Yeti drops NRA?

nrh6.7

WKR
I haven’t seen anything official from either YETI or the NRA. Sounds to me like the NRA is feeling the hurt more than YETI is at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I haven't heard anything official either, I wouldn't say the NRA is feeling much pain at all. All of the companies that have decided to terminate their association with the NRA were only doing so to market to its (NRA) membership. To my knowledge the NRA didn't receive any monies from those "partnerships", and I would say all the negative press the left is giving the NRA, the more cash they rake in.

They didn't become the oldest civil rights organization in the US without the ability to weather a storm or two.

Trial153

WKR
No matter what took place with this situation one thing has become increasingly clear to me the last few years. The NRA speaks less and less for me as member, citizen and gun owner. They certainly don’t represent me as hunter.

nrh6.7

WKR
No matter what took place with this situation one thing has become increasingly clear to me the last few years. The NRA speaks less and less for me as member, citizen and gun owner. They certainly don’t represent me as hunter.

Trial, did I read on here somewhere that you are a lifetime member? Might be someone else but thought it was you.

This also shows how quickly we (royal we here) are whipped to a froth without gathering all of the facts.

It is easy to get caught up, but a few moments or days of patience prior to shouting "Off with their heads," may be prudent.

I will have to say that the NRA looks foolish on this one, especially considering that last statement. So the person I spoke to at YETI this morning could have just told me the facts rather than being so vague.

I’m still not leaning either way. Like to see the other .Orgs they dropped, or changed terms on.
Wasn’t DU or RMEF.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Geez- I hate it when the truth comes out, especially when I was hoping to score a cheap cooler

maybe someone will believe it’s fake news and I can still get that cooler (fingers crossed)

Trial153

WKR
Sincere question, why did you join originally and what changed your mind about them?

I joined because believe then and still do now that we need to advocate and defend 2nd, protect it along with rest of the constitution. From a practical sense the NRA was the best guild, or more accurately the only guild on national level. To be quite frank there hasn’t been much of an alternative. I’d take the good and bad with the hope that good out weights the bad, and in many way I still do.
However The last several years I have witness the NRA move further away from pragmatism in favor of divisive rhetoric. Too often they are forcing citizens that are or were effectively neutral on the subject into a position that they have to chose a side. I think a lot of the push back we are seeing is because of that. You can’t keep telling people that were benign on a issue that because they have concerns aren’t they aren’t valid and expect them to jump into your camp or else. That’s were the pragmatism comes in, offer solutions while addressing concerns. This presents a more palatable alternative then saying agree with us or else. This type of commentary also tends to invigorate some of our members with ...less couth . Ever read some of the comments of these people that are on our side? Pretty sad.

Further more I feel the the NRA has marginalized some segment of hunters. I believe there are plenty of gun owners who’s primary motivation for owning firearms is to hunt. When the NRA says that the 2nd isn’t about hunting they need to realize that for a lot of people it is. Not everyone is walking around in 511 Gear just for fun. If you can marginalize members like hunters you better believe you marginalized other people along the way. I have asked via email, letter and phone calls for a stated position on PLT from the NRA . considering the amount of hunters that are members I believe this a pressing issue for us. If we loose our places to hunt on public land we loose a lot of reason some of us own firearms. Furthermore a coherent position on the subject would give a transparent view of where our lobbing dollars is going and how it might effect us as members in the future. All my inquiries have been met with silence on the issue.

brocksw

WKR
I've written the NRA and queried them about their stance on Public lands as well. No response to date. However, I have seen people post responses they received from the NRA when posing the same question and the response was literally, "the NRA remains neutral... ". This doesn't anger me, or surprise me. It is what it is, and one doesn't have to dig very deep to understand their stance on that particular issue. However, the fact that they are letting Yeti get roasted because they dont get free coolers anymore is ridiculous. The NRA-ILA statement that was posted, yeti has claimed to be completely false. Truthfully, I have never, at any time been a member of the NRA (BHA is the only membership I hold since the MDF lost my membership recently). That's for another discussion. However, if Yeti's story truthful, then the NRA has lost me before they had me.

On another note... I really think Yeti's social media got hacked and they really did drop the NRA to make a statement. The yeti response you're seeing is just a fake... PM me so we can arrange the delivery of your Yeti cooler to my door. Show your support of the NRA by selling me your cooler....or else.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I would love to see Yeti torch them for defamation then take the proceeds and start shipping free lowers, pmags, and uhaul gift cards for CA, Mass, and jersey residents.

Hum!! Talk about folks jumping to conclusions, including the organization in which I have been a life member for many years.

CorbLand

WKR
While I haven't heard anything official either, I wouldn't say the NRA is feeling much pain at all. All of the companies that have decided to terminate their association with the NRA were only doing so to market to its (NRA) membership. To my knowledge the NRA didn't receive any monies from those "partnerships", and I would say all the negative press the left is giving the NRA, the more cash they rake in.

They didn't become the oldest civil rights organization in the US without the ability to weather a storm or two.

While it probably didn’t hurt them to badly, it had to hurt for them to be willing to make a big uproar about it. The donations that organizations get from companies like Yeti bring in big money at fundraiser.

I have always been 50/50 on the NRA. I love what they stand for and feel like I should become a member. The other 50 percent of me hates that they create this if you ain’t with us your against us mentality and that they never let an opportunity go to waste(which is good and bad). I feel like they have room for improvement on a lot of stances and the way they act at times.

Mt Al

WKR
The NRA is trolling its members!!

They always do, they're the most mafioso non profit you'll find. Just work with the corporate people a few times....you'll learn to love to hate them.

So, since it's pretty clear that the NRA-ILA totally lied about this, I strongly recommend questioning anything they publish, post, yammer about. Make them pay for their BS by making them back up any claims. Of course their egos will never allow this, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Still not joining the Yeti cult, not my style but I'm happy they created an entire market.

Last edited: