Yeti drops NRA?

jack88

Lil-Rokslider
If the money ever stopped flowing to the NRA, I think they would have more to do with guns getting taken away than anyone else. Keep the wheels greased!

bivouaclarry

Lil-Rokslider
Oh sweet baby jesus...Yeti caved to social pressure. Pure and simple. The NRA has every right to be pissed. You know what you don't see in ANY Yeti press releases: "We have supported and will continue to support the NRA." That lack of support tells you Yeti's intention.

Programs and projects are cancelled all the time in business. Yeti should have made it crystal clear they support the NRA now and in the future, but business dictated they end this particular program. Read between the lines. Yeti no longer outwardly supports the NRA.

Diesel

WKR
I joined because believe then and still do now that we need to advocate and defend 2nd, protect it along with rest of the constitution. From a practical sense the NRA was the best guild, or more accurately the only guild on national level. To be quite frank there hasn’t been much of an alternative. I’d take the good and bad with the hope that good out weights the bad, and in many way I still do.
However The last several years I have witness the NRA move further away from pragmatism in favor of divisive rhetoric. Too often they are forcing citizens that are or were effectively neutral on the subject into a position that they have to chose a side. I think a lot of the push back we are seeing is because of that. You can’t keep telling people that were benign on a issue that because they have concerns aren’t they aren’t valid and expect them to jump into your camp or else. That’s were the pragmatism comes in, offer solutions while addressing concerns. This presents a more palatable alternative then saying agree with us or else. This type of commentary also tends to invigorate some of our members with ...less couth . Ever read some of the comments of these people that are on our side? Pretty sad.

Further more I feel the the NRA has marginalized some segment of hunters. I believe there are plenty of gun owners who’s primary motivation for owning firearms is to hunt. When the NRA says that the 2nd isn’t about hunting they need to realize that for a lot of people it is. Not everyone is walking around in 511 Gear just for fun. If you can marginalize members like hunters you better believe you marginalized other people along the way. I have asked via email, letter and phone calls for a stated position on PLT from the NRA . considering the amount of hunters that are members I believe this a pressing issue for us. If we loose our places to hunt on public land we loose a lot of reason some of us own firearms. Furthermore a coherent position on the subject would give a transparent view of where our lobbing dollars is going and how it might effect us as members in the future. All my inquiries have been met with silence on the issue.

Thanks for your post.

I am a hunter and that is my passion and I need space to pursue that passion. I suspect that there is a strategy devised by some evil genius to separate passionate hunters with no understanding of why the 2nd exists from those who are solely concerned in protecting the constitution. I see it with the politically charged BHA thread and now with the Yeti thread. It is obvious that the divide and conquer approach is having an effect on hunters overall.

I hunt with all weapons, but could be very content to be limited to a bow to hunt. I would not be as content to defend my constitution with just my bow, or for that matter, just my bolt action rifle. Given what we are witnessing in politics today, it is testament to the wisdom of the founding fathers that they saw the need for the 2nd.

Without public lands OPEN to all types of hunting, hunting would be for the well heeled only. And some would say, have no need for their guns. Without adequate weaponry to defend the constitution we have no country and no public land or hunting. Every gun owner and every American should see the logic and protect both rights. Beware those who would not acknowledge both.

Sadly, the nose of the camel is under the tent.

gbflyer

WKR
It always is. As an NRA member you aren’t supposed to believe in this fairy-tale called “the middle” though.

I think my problem with the NRA stems from my problem with politics in general. I can’t stand people/organizations that peddle their ideas to the masses based on intellectually dishonest rhetoric. I’m a pragmatist and all, but damn it gets old.

Are there any smaller non-profits out there that support our gun rights, but in a less polarizing way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree 100%. I have experienced their wrath on a very small scale. Our little City passed ordinance to keep idiot moose hunters from shooting within 150 feet of public roads after a group of yahoos dropped 2 right behind the school. A local NRA member do-gooder called in the cavalry. Never seen so much bullying and spread of misinformation in my life. Cost them my membership.

It always is. As an NRA member you aren’t supposed to believe in this fairy-tale called “the middle” though.

I think my problem with the NRA stems from my problem with politics in general. I can’t stand people/organizations that peddle their ideas to the masses based on intellectually dishonest rhetoric. I’m a pragmatist and all, but damn it gets old.

Are there any smaller non-profits out there that support our gun rights, but in a less polarizing way?

I suppose it depends on what you mean by less polarizing, but Gun Owners of America do a pretty good job.

Esse quam videri

I asked earlier in this thread if the NRA had released an official statement and I still haven’t found it. I only see comments from one rogue Florida NRA lobbyist and her husband. Seems we spent a few days attacking yeti based on there comments and now we will spend a few days attacking the NRA. Yes Ryan, somewhere in the middle, and yes everyone else, this is the politics that run our country. Who needs facts when you’ve already got a team your on and a voice to tell everyone about it. I don’t own a yeti product and I don’t belong to the NRA, and somehow I don’t hate either one. Hmmmmm????

I'm not sure if this is the same one you were referring to. From another site.:

The latest from the NRA Camp:

"In a statement emailed to The Washington Post Monday night, Marion Hammer said that it was “news to us” that Yeti dropped not only the NRA Foundation from the discount program but also other organizations.

“After three days Yeti issued a statement claiming they didn’t really drop the NRA Foundation,” she said. “They claim they simply eliminated the entire program affecting NRA Foundation and other unnamed organizations. Isn’t that like eliminating a job position so you can get rid of an employee?”

She added that “Yeti decided the NRA Foundation can’t place any more orders and in fact they forced us to cancel orders they would not fill.”

I'm pretty sure being a previous NRA president gives her the authority to release a certified response. So, I wouldn't dismiss hers as a nobody's.

Murdy

WKR
“After three days Yeti issued a statement claiming they didn’t really drop the NRA Foundation,” she said. “They claim they simply eliminated the entire program affecting NRA Foundation and other unnamed organizations. Isn’t that like eliminating a job position so you can get rid of an employee?”

She added that “Yeti decided the NRA Foundation can’t place any more orders and in fact they forced us to cancel orders they would not fill.”

It makes all the difference in the world to me if Yeti is refusing to do ANY business with the NRA, or if Yeti is simply no longer giving the NRA preferential status in purchasing coolers through some program. The quote set forth above makes it sound like the former. If it is the latter (and I suspect it is), the quote appears deliberately misleading to me.

Anyone know if its "can't place anymore orders" or "can't place any more orders" under the program that was formerly in place?

Yeti terminated a discount program with a number of orgs, including a couple of conservation org s. Why anyone would defend how the NRA is behaving in this is beyond me.

They are behaving this way because they know some Yeti knock off will cease this opportunity and jump in and give them what Yeti once was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CorbLand

WKR
The problem with situations like this is there to much emotion on both sides that the real truth will never surface.

Obi-wanshinobi

Lil-Rokslider
It makes all the difference in the world to me if Yeti is refusing to do ANY business with the NRA, or if Yeti is simply no longer giving the NRA preferential status in purchasing coolers through some program. The quote set forth above makes it sound like the former. If it is the latter (and I suspect it is), the quote appears deliberately misleading to me.

Anyone know if its "can't place anymore orders" or "can't place any more orders" under the program that was formerly in place?

In the letter, Yeti said they were gonna fulfill all existing orders but wouldn't take any new orders under the old program.
So far I've heard the NRA, Quail Coalition and Sarfari Club International all received this letter but I'm sure there are a lot more organizations.

sndmn11

WKR
I asked earlier in this thread if the NRA had released an official statement and I still haven’t found it. I only see comments from one rogue Florida NRA lobbyist and her husband. Seems we spent a few days attacking yeti based on there comments and now we will spend a few days attacking the NRA. Yes Ryan, somewhere in the middle, and yes everyone else, this is the politics that run our country. Who needs facts when you’ve already got a team your on and a voice to tell everyone about it. I don’t own a yeti product and I don’t belong to the NRA, and somehow I don’t hate either one. Hmmmmm????

This is the smartest comment in here! I have not seen a genuine release from the NRA either. I have read the statement in question and it is obvious it is not written on the official behalf of the NRA. To me, this is the weak link in our society today, like a childhood game of telephone....yahoo rumors become truth and nobody cares to find a fact.

This is the smartest comment in here! I have not seen a genuine release from the NRA either. I have read the statement in question and it is obvious it is not written on the official behalf of the NRA.

And even if it's not (an official release) I find it rather telling the NRA has done nothing to refute it, clarify on it...or do anything at all to stop the blowtorch being directed toward Yeti by the membership. I'd have to believe if Yeti's behavior was obviously political or anti-NRA/anti-2A in any way, the other organizations receiving the same 'change in program' notice from Yeti would have piled on massively in an effort to beat Yeti senseless.

Well other companies believe Yeti's move was anti NRA and 2A because they are throwing a bunch of promos about donating to the NRA if you buy a cooler. Just look at Pelicans new ad.

Russp17

WKR
Well other companies believe Yeti's move was anti NRA and 2A because they are throwing a bunch of promos about donating to the NRA if you buy a cooler. Just look at Pelicans new ad.

Believing it and taking advantage of the situation are two separate items. Pelican is utilizing Yeti's bad fortune to there advantage, it has nothing to do with believing yeti's move was anti NRA, it is about capturing market share.

RussP has it correct.

Do they really believe (or even care) if Yeti's behavior was anti-NRA?....Or are they simply doing what any good competitor would do when their much larger competition was taking a hit? I will guarantee you Pelican and other cooler companies...suddenly jumping in with offers...has everything to do with advancing their sales and marketing by currying the support of NRA members. Large companies don't spend money without getting expecting a return on investment...a financial return. These other cooler companies may well support the NRA and I hope they do, but they haven't exactly been at the head of the spear. Yeti takes a hit and presto...new marketing opportunity. I would do the same thing to my competitor.

sneaky

"DADDY"
The problem with situations like this is there to much emotion on both sides that the real truth will never surface.

Truth? You can't handle the truth!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

As sad as it is Hickok had no issues jumping in there and throwing the shit at yeti.

While that is not the NRA it is an NRA spokesperson.

I still think yeti is a sinking ship after their whole failed public transition. I just think the company should be allowed to fail because they were out competed by the market, not because they canceled a discount and an NRA lobby group put out an unwarranted burn notice on them for it.