Yeti drops NRA?

sndmn11

WKR
And even if it's not (an official release) I find it rather telling the NRA has done nothing to refute it, clarify on it...or do anything at all to stop the blowtorch being directed toward Yeti by the membership. I'd have to believe if Yeti's behavior was obviously political or anti-NRA/anti-2A in any way, the other organizations receiving the same 'change in program' notice from Yeti would have piled on massively in an effort to beat Yeti senseless.

Well that is a really good point. Working in this business, there are a lot of organizations (ex NRA, RMEF, MDF,) where people in prominent local positions are volunteers or part time employees. There are people I absolutely associate with certain organizations, who in the grand scheme of things have probably zero influence on the national level. I find it likely that someone in a local position was rubbed the wrong way, or "hypersensitive" as I think you and others have labeled well, spouted off with a rant that had proper spelling and grammar, and folks took it as coming from the horses mouth. Small bits of sense or nonsense spread in an instant with today's communication systems, and there is no discriminating between fact, fiction, and both....just needs a good story line.
Maybe the NRA likes that result and in due time after the positive effects have plateaued, have an official statement. I look at is just as a company ending a wholesale type program that it had in place and nothing more. I think from a business perspective yeti handled it with an F, other similar companies are getting an A, and the NRA is happy to get some pubilicity.

This whole thing was typed on my phone, forgive the typos please

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
The problem with situations like this is there to much emotion on both sides that the real truth will never surface.

There's only one truth that really matters at this point, and that's that there is a huge anti-gun (i.e. anti-rights) push from the left and we should be doing everything in our power to push back........regardless of whatever reasons companies want to throw out there for whatever decisions they make. There's no real middle ground in this: you either fully support the Constitution and the rights it affords, or you don't. That's the only truth in all this.....everything else is extraneous banter.

CorbLand

WKR
There's only one truth that really matters at this point, and that's that there is a huge anti-gun (i.e. anti-rights) push from the left and we should be doing everything in our power to push back........regardless of whatever reasons companies want to throw out there for whatever decisions they make. There's no real middle ground in this: you either fully support the Constitution and the rights it affords, or you don't. That's the only truth in all this.....everything else is extraneous banter.

I see nowhere in my post nor anyone’s post where it has been brought up that they don’t recognize the threat on people rights but ok. If I am reading this right because someone doesn’t support the NRA they don’t support the constitution? If I am correct in this...I rest my point of the NRA is really good at creating a if you not with us your against us mentality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys, it might not be an official response. I do not know. I know it is as official as anything I have read from Yeti. The guy asked a question. I gave him what I had. I'm not trying to push it as the gospel. Only saying she isn't a volunteer. She is a paid lobbyist that participates in many of the NRA's legislative processes. Who once was the president of the NRA.

While it is obvious I do not share the poor yeti feeling some here do, I'm only pointing out that we are all just speculating on what has and hasn't happened. Yeti has an opportunity here to really smear this in the face of the NRA. All it takes is a response of rebuttal to what this women has suggested is the situation. If they are as you suggest, the poor me in all this, It'd be real easy to prove that to anyone who would read it. So, where is it at? Man, they need to be hanging from the rafters screaming if truly innocent. I would be. It would force the NRA to save face by saying it was just a huge misunderstanding. I'm just speculating of course but, that makes sense to me.

Showed on another site. Maybe she is useless. But, Yeti can really make this go away if she is wrong. However if she isn't, YETI is likely done in any major capacity with sportsmen.

YETI spin doesn’t sit well with NRA’s Marion Hammer – Florida Politics

Billinsd

WKR
I see nowhere in my post nor anyone’s post where it has been brought up that they don’t recognize the threat on people rights but ok. If I am reading this right because someone doesn’t support the NRA they don’t support the constitution? If I am correct in this...I rest my point of the NRA is really good at creating a if you not with us your against us mentality.

I think what 5milesback is saying is that the NRA is "the" only organization, big, and powerful enough to effectively defend the 2nd Amendment. The NRA is the second Amendment, like Conservatives are Republicans, well most are and they are the heart, soul, and moral compass of the Republican Party. It's complicated in the same way. You don't have to and shouldn't blind your eyes to things you don't like about the NRA. That's crazy. Us members can and should criticize their management, temperament. I can understand why some of you are mad at the NRA and won't join or quit. However, they are really all we got. Call them, talk to them about what bugs you. Wayne LaPierre has always rubbed me the wrong way and alot of people feel that way. It's tough, because that's all we got. Honestly, I don't care much what they do, so long as it's legal and they are effective. The other side will NEVER let up!! That's my take!!

Last edited:
And here lies the problem

"All we've got" is playing schoolyard games about what the meaning of "dropped our discount is" and attacking cooler companies that haven't promoted anything against our rights instead of working their asses raw for its members like they should be.

Billinsd

WKR
So, yes if you don't support the organization that supports the 2nd Amendment, you aren't really supporting the 2nd Amendment. That doesn't mean you don't support the 2nd Amendment, you just aren't supporting it against those who threaten it. How could you? Other than talking and convincing your friends, family, and strangers to support the NRA.

Billinsd

WKR
And here lies the problem

"All we've got" is playing schoolyard games about what the meaning of "dropped our discount is" and attacking cooler companies that haven't promoted anything against our rights instead of working their asses raw for its members like they should be.

Call up the NRA, email them. Tell them to quit that crap. The members and doners could get organized and try and make some changes. I know they used to call the Hell out of me and I told them very sternly several times to stop and it did. I'm sure it wasn't only me.

Brendan

WKR
Been holding out on this one for a while.

If they're "All we've got" - then they should be a little less divisive and incendiary among their own community. Yeti is a company made up of sportsmen, has come out and specifically said they support the 2nd amendment, and I wouldn't be surprised if they're doing more to support hunting and fishing than the NRA. And the NRA is attacking that as opposed to focusing on real problems facing gun owners in this country?

I am a supporter of the 2nd amendment, and refuse to join or support the NRA in it's current form.

(Also, can't wait for sales and promotions on Yeti - I'll buy...!)

Billinsd

WKR
The NRA is big and powerful, but they can change. If enough people get together and complain they can change. If enough people quit and said they wanted change the NRA could change. Everything is about power and money.

Brendan, if what the Lady at the link is saying is correct, sounds to me the divisive action in this started with Yeti. i don't know that but, i have yet to hear Yeti rebut it. And, if it isn't true, they had better rebut it quickly.

sndmn11

WKR
I don't know if I would say they have attacked an organization....they made a statement about a situation, that seems to be factually undisputed, and the perspectives and opinions on that are being sensationalized. Both sides seem to be saying the same thing in that Yeti ended a discount purchase program, essentially a wholesale program, for the NRA as well as other organizations. Stating facts does not constitute an attack. Didn't we recently see a clothing manufacturer do the same thing? Were some retailers surly about that? Is the NRA surly about Yeti's choice? Seems so. Would I rather be Yeti or the NRA in this situation? NRA all day, I am sure that seeming like the official cooler of the NRA was worth a whole lot of sales...

The NRA is big and powerful, but they can change. If enough people get together and complain they can change. If enough people quit and said they wanted change the NRA could change. Everything is about power and money.

Before we insight change, we had better be sure what needs changing. The NRA has done a pretty good job at protecting the 2nd Amendment. Regardless of what the handful of disgruntled people here suggest. You can't make everyone happy. And, before we can rightfully hang this debacle on the neck of the NRA, shouldn't we be sure that is where it belongs> Once again, if the EX president, current legal consultant, and lobbyist is right about how this went down in her interview, Yeti is in some serious quick sand. Shouldn't they be labeled the bad guys if proven to be the ....BAD guys.

Brendan

WKR
Brendan, if what the Lady at the link is saying is correct, sounds to me the divisive action in this started with Yeti. i don't know that but, i have yet to hear Yeti rebut it. And, if it isn't true, they had better rebut it quickly.

Here's the problem. I don't believe the NRA, especially coming from professional lobbyists. I don't agree with the way they approached this issue, nor may others with their fire and brimstone, with us or against us approach. Bull s**t. I am for the 2nd amendment, against the NRA, and don't see that changing unless changes happen.

When you look at the people that work at Yeti, they're hunters and fisherman and members of our community. With both the company and the employees coming out in support of 2A, hunting and fishing - it makes the NRA look even worse to me. Hell - the NRA won't support a lot of the issues that matter to us as hunters and outdoorsmen.

This isn't a leftist liberal political action group attacking our rights. It isn't some foreign corporation making money off of all of us. It isn't an erosion of rights. It's a private, American company, from Texas, made up of hunters and fisherman. Everything I've seen points to a business decision on discounts by Yeti that applied to multiple companies, and outright bullying and BS by the NRA.

0a4fe3ec057f21a298bfa7086057c86c.jpg

Last edited:
I understand. But, this isn't Yeti's first 2nd amendment infraction. Yeti isn't all composed of hunters and fishermen either. Not trying to prove you wrong or change your mind. Only point out that in big companies, people get hired to do jibs. Not rep the brand.

That's cool of the guy. That's the 2nd employee response I have read. Yet not one from the company they claim to be so 2A friendly to offset what the NRA is claiming daily. This isn't cookies and ice cream. What the people at the NRA are saying is hundred million dollar liability suits in the making, if untrue. I suspect that is coming if this is untrue. But, i more so suspect the reason YETI has not addressed the recent claims from the NRA is they can't for the same reasons. Time will tell

YETI Reverses Gun Ban in Austin, TX Store - The Truth About Guns

Brendan

WKR
Posting this again because you either ignored it or didn't see it before.

Yeti's official response.

e70516360a811920e3e5eab84bd5bad6.jpg

Yeti is unwavering in our belief in and commitment to the Constitution of the United States and its Second Amendment.

sndmn11

WKR
That's cool of the guy. That's the 2nd employee response I have read. Yet not one from the company they claim to be so 2A friendly to offset what the NRA is claiming daily. This isn't cookies and ice cream. What the people at the NRA are saying is hundred million dollar liability suits in the making, if untrue. I suspect that is coming if this is untrue. But, i more so suspect the reason YETI has not addressed the recent claims from the NRA is they can't for the same reasons. Time will tell

YETI Reverses Gun Ban in Austin, TX Store - The Truth About Guns

Exactly. Now that I have read the prior linked response on the NRA website, I think Yeti put themselves in a very bad position. As I said before,the facts are not being disputed, if there was a lie being told both entities are large enough that some serious liabilities would be in the balance.

Billinsd

WKR
Before we insight change, we had better be sure what needs changing. The NRA has done a pretty good job at protecting the 2nd Amendment. Regardless of what the handful of disgruntled people here suggest. You can't make everyone happy. And, before we can rightfully hang this debacle on the neck of the NRA, shouldn't we be sure that is where it belongs> Once again, if the EX president, current legal consultant, and lobbyist is right about how this went down in her interview, Yeti is in some serious quick sand. Shouldn't they be labeled the bad guys if proven to be the ....BAD guys.
Absolutely!!! I remember wanting the NRA to do more. I'd like them to roll back a bunch of crap that's been compromised on. I'd like them to be as effective as they can as long term as they can without breaking the law.