Yeti drops NRA?

Bob. Same letter or not, the contention of the NRA is not what The letter says. All along they claim it was the contact between yeti and the nra days prior to the release of the letter, that prompted the nra’s response. That is why I said proof of what they were told. That is also why I’m confused you are so convinced the nra is wrong here. You seem to be basing it on evidence the nra has no beef with.

Not being a wise guy either. I’m trying to see if I’m missing something here beside personal rhetoric and, self motivated feelings towards one group or the other. Me included.

I'd like to see the letter that all of the other companies got. I have done quite a few searches looking for them, but haven't come up with anything official........of course I don't really have connections though.
I know the NRA was offering Yeti products as membership gifts. I'm wondering why those orders were not filled?

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I try to stay out of most of these debates. But this one bugs me for some reason. The NRA loves to fear monger I get that but it seems really stupid on there part to call out a company with a blatant lie. Anyways after trying to find facts it really has left me more confused. I keep seeing this posted on different sites but can’t find it’s real source.....smh.

“YETI severed ties with the NRA and is now engaging in damage control after a backlash from many of its customers. In early March, YETI refused to place a previously negotiated order from NRA-ILA, citing ‘recent events’ as the reason – a clear reference to the tragedy in Parkland, Florida. YETI then delivered notice to the NRA Foundation that it was terminating a 7 year agreement and demanded that the NRA remove the YETI name and logo from all NRA digital assets, as well as refrain from using any YETI trademarks in future print material. While YETI is trying to spin the story otherwise, those are the facts. While Yeti can choose to run from the NRA, they can’t run from the facts. Whether this is due to the recent cancellation of their IPO from their NYC owners is a question only they can answer.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wapitibob

WKR
"In early March, YETI refused to place a previously negotiated order from NRA-ILA, citing ‘recent events’ as the reason – a clear reference to the tragedy in Parkland, Florida."

From a former Yeti employee...

"They did not refuse any orders from NRA or Friends of the NRA. However, they did refuse an order from the NRA-ILA. YETI refused this order through our custom shop because they have a policy against marking coolers for political organizations or political affiliations. This policy was put in place in 2016. Since 2016, yeti has rejected more than 50 orders from various political organizations of varying types."

//////

"YETI then delivered notice to the NRA Foundation that it was terminating a 7 year agreement and demanded that the NRA remove the YETI name and logo from all NRA digital assets, as well as refrain from using any YETI trademarks in future print material. While YETI is trying to spin the story otherwise, those are the facts."

In my opinion, the above quoted was the purpose of the letter; to cancel the program and have the participants cease using Yeti intellectual and trademarked property. You could substitute any participant for "NRA" in the above, have your own facts, and have the appearance that your Org was singled out.
As you can see below, the NRA was not singled out.

The source of your quote is the past president, Marion Hammer, and the one who initially called out Yeti.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
What speaks to me is the immediate aggressive language used by the NRA/M. Hammer in describing her interpretation of the communication from Yeti. She immediately linked it to Parkland and that's clearly designed to inflame the NRA membership against Yeti. Linking it to Parkland is at best a matter of interpretation and opinion. Short of a cause-effect statement from Yeti, there's no proof of it and Hammer's statement is speculative in the kindest sense. At worst it's calculated rhetoric intended to inflict harm on Yeti. Try as I might I cannot find anything anywhere from Yeti stating their discount program changes are tied to NRA negativity, recent violence, public pressure or political influence. If that can be proven (and not interpreted) then it changes the whole dynamic. The NRA accuses Yeti...and Yeti is convicted immediately before anyone even has facts. Then Yeti is then asked to prove innocence to a jury comprised of NRA members.

Trying to understand the NRA here: I'm certain the org is hypersensitive to anything which even remotely sniffs of an anti-NRA, anti-gun, anti-2A thought. You'd have to be deaf and blind not to know why that is, given ALL the recent events and political rhetoric. The NRA takes a daily political beating and is being portrayed as something a step down from the Taliban. I'm pretty certain there's a huge disconnect between what NRA members think of the org versus the general public's thoughts which are affected by the Nightly Propaganda Broadcast. The NRA is getting bludgeoned in the court of public opinion and it hurts...definitely. Anyway....call it a hair-trigger and maybe it went off a bit quick in this Yeti thing. People will have different opinions forever. I don't think either Yeti or the NRA comes out of this a winner. Both entities showed me they have problems with perception and they haven't helped their respective causes by engaging in this...what amounts to a hissing cat fight with no winner.

Respect to everyone here for keeping this insult-free.

"To clarify and simplify the Yeti approach"

Yep, they clarified their approach perfectly by what they didn't say.
Their "approach" at how they are seen by the external pressures of special interest groups to bring compliance into the separation from the NRA.

In Yeti's statement no where do they say they support the fight for the 2A in it's original intent in the constitution . Only that they support the 2A as far as hunting and the outdoors goes.
Did every body miss this?

That is alarming as it is the very same argument we hear from the left all the time
- "you don't need semi auto assault rifles to kill deer"
- "why do we need AR type (they always believe this to mean assault rifle) rifles on the streets
- "why do you need more than 10 round magazines to hunt"

I can clearly see Yeti's position is to preserve the 2A for "hunting purposes only".
No where in their letter do they stick their spineless neck out declaring they are Pro 2A for what its original intent was. Which has nothing to do with hunting.
They have no desire to preserve the 2A for defense against all enemies foreign or domestic", like the NRA.
Pretty sure this is the message they are sending loud and clear to the pressures they have felt, in lieu of "recent events."

Last edited:
Good p0int Kevin. I see zero problems with calling individuals out. As long as it is done with respect that's how we get the Understanding of the other side. By and large this thread has been a good one for THAT REASON.

Trial153

WKR

Their "approach" at how they are seen by the external pressures of special interest groups to bring compliance into the separation from the NRA.

In Yeti's statement no where do they say they support the NRA and its fight for the 2A. Only that they support the 2A as far as hunting and the outdoors goes.
That is alarming as it is the very same argument we hear from the left all the time
- "why do we need AR type (they always believe this to mean assault rifle) rifles on the streets

I can clearly see Yeti's position is to preserve the 2A for "hunting purposes only".
No where in their letter do they stick their spineless neck out declaring they are Pro 2A for what its original intent was. Which has nothing to do with hunting.
They have no desire to preserve the 2A for defense against all enemies foreign or domestic", like the NRA.
Pretty sure this is the message they are sending loud and clear to the pressures they have felt, in lieu of "recent events."
Ah...last i checked they ( yeti) sells coolers and travel mugs. In dont see it as incumbent upon them to have any statement on 2a or anything for that matter. No more so then the dog food company that sells me dog food to feed my hounds.

The NRA and a lot of its members are acting like spoiled entitled brats. They were getting a good deal and now because that deal isnt available anymore they are willing to try to destroy a company that were friends and allies.
Every other company should take note of what the NRA is willing to do to their partners because if they did this once they will do it to anyone else if they see profit in it.

short sighted Classless pricks.

Ah...last i checked they ( yeti) sells coolers and travel mugs. In dont see it as incumbent upon them to have any statement on 2a or anything for that matter. No more so then the dog food company that sells me dog food to feed my hounds.

The NRA and a lot of its members are acting like spoiled entitled brats. They were getting a good deal and now because that deal isnt available anymore they are willing to try to destroy a company that were friends and allies.
Every other company should take note of what the NRA is willing to do to their partners because if they did this once they will do it to anyone else if they see profit in it.

short sighted Classless pricks.

No rebuttal on their 2A stance as it relates to the fundamental purpose?

Just that the members of the NRA are now up in arms cause they lost a discount on Yeti products ?
That's not addressing the point I made, but diverting it with slander and demeaning tactics putting the other side down which is way too common these days.

Trial153

WKR
No rebuttal on their 2A stance as it relates to the fundamental purpose?

Just that the members of the NRA are now up in arms cause they lost a discount on Yeti products ?
That's not addressing the point I made, but diverting it with slander and demeaning tactics putting the other side down which is way too common these days.
bull shit. The shoe fits now the NRA needs to wear it. They showed by their actions that there is no place for thinking or discussion within the ranks.
Any companies or people need to take note of what the NRA is willing to do to their friends. Because you might be next.
Other companies if they are smart will run for the hills and cut ties as soon as they are able before they get turned on as well.

And furthermore when you read some of the many ignorant comments by the some of members and see how quick they are to turn on their own....well that is people I dont want to be associated with. Facts dont matter, context is irrelevant. Your no better the left you despise so much.

That’s a good point too mflood. I noticed that. Just like I noticed that many of the nra detractors on this thread, have openly stated their versions of the 2nd Amendment are different then the NRA’s and it’s nemvers, on past threads. Which I believed and still do, has prompted some side choosing before this ever got started well. As stated before, the nra takes to task total protection of EVERYONE’s 2nd Amendment. Whether you like or hate ‘em.

mtluckydan

Lil-Rokslider
NRA breaks 15-year fundraising record, according to filings

I guess all you naysayers of the NRA haven't had too much of an impact. At least some people get it. Yeti will never come out and say they don't want to be affiliated with the NRA...they can obviously still get some portion of gun owners as customers. If you think the timing of this change had nothing to do with the negative publicity surrounding the Parkland shooting I have some real estate I'd be willing to sell ya.

There are avid supporters of the NRA that sell high quality coolers. I personally will treat my next cooler purchase just like when I have a choice between products made in the USA vs China...really no choice at all.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

bull shit. The shoe fits now the NRA needs to wear it. They showed by their actions that there is no place for thinking or discussion within the ranks.
Any companies or people need to take note of what the NRA is willing to do to their friends. Because you might be next.
Other companies if they are smart will run for the hills and cut ties as soon as they are able before they get turned on as well.

And furthermore when you read some of the many ignorant comments by the some of members and see how quick they are to turn on their own....well that is people I dont want to be associated with. Facts dont matter, context is irrelevant. Your no better the left you despise so much.
I don't despise the left
Maybe this is the issue

Your opinion isn't all that matters
Your perception isn't the only perception

Your interpretation isn't the only one

Perhaps your unwillingness to allow others an opposing view point is what is wrong within the ranks

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Scoony

Lil-Rokslider

In Yeti's statement no where do they say they support the fight for the 2A in it's original intent in the constitution . Only that they support the 2A as far as hunting and the outdoors goes.
Did every body miss this?

So let me get this straight, What wasn't said is actually what was said? Sorry, but that is pure speculation and kind of goes back to the whole "your either with us or against us mentality"

Yes, like it or not, they will protect our 2A, but like it or not, their approach is not helping them at the moment.

So let me get this straight, What wasn't said is actually what was said? Sorry, but that is pure speculation and kind of goes back to the whole "your either with us or against us mentality"

Yes, like it or not, they will protect our 2A, but like it or not, their approach is not helping them at the moment.

In this season with companies leaving the NRA yes, the wording of this document is specific and purposed.
Had this happened at another time, not so much. But because of where we are as a nation and the attacks against the 2A- very relevant indeed. They can come across as pro 2A to many in the hunting community, but not Pro 2A as it applies to despised type weapons to the pressures they are getting from the left

A comment was made accusing those on the right of despising those on the left. This isn't the case for many if not most on the right. We may despise the results of the left's agendas. Things that have brought change to our culture that we don't agree with. Like forcing kids to take sexual orientation classes in grade schools, allowing men in womens rest rooms, fining a company for not wanting to bake a wedding cake for certain group of people, while allowing other liberal companies to refuse service to certain groups of their choosing. Banning any weapon, magazine or stock for any weapon.
But I can say if I saw anyone on here in the woods breaking down an elk, I would jump in and help as I could. Even if you were in a deep hole and it was gonna be miserable, that's when I would jump in with both feet.
If I saw anyone on here under duress and being assaulted, I would step in a help, regardless of your political preference or stance on gun control.

It is never a me against you. Its a view point against a view point.
In the end, we are all Americans, nothing changes that.

A comment was made accusing those on the right of despising those on the left. This isn't the case for many if not most on the right. We may despise the results of the left's agendas. Things that have brought change to our culture that we don't agree with. Like forcing kids to take sexual orientation classes in grade schools, allowing men in womens rest rooms, fining a company for not wanting to bake a wedding cake for certain group of people, while allowing other liberal companies to refuse service to certain groups of their choosing. Banning any weapon, magazine or stock for any weapon.
But I can say if I saw anyone on here in the woods breaking down an elk, I would jump in and help as I could. Even if you were in a deep hole and it was gonna be miserable, that's when I would jump in with both feet.
If I saw anyone on here under duress and being assaulted, I would step in a help, regardless of your political preference or stance on gun control.

It is never a me against you. Its a view point against a view point.
In the end, we are all Americans, nothing changes that.

Best dang post on this thread