Yeti drops NRA?

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I try to stay out of most of these debates. But this one bugs me for some reason. The NRA loves to fear monger I get that but it seems really stupid on there part to call out a company with a blatant lie.

I try to stay out of these too. Just ends up in division. But, since we’re here:

The only thing we know for sure is NRA has two different statements on the key fact:

Your quote from Marion Hammer:

“In early March, YETI refused to place a previously negotiated order from NRA_ILA, citing ‘recent events’ as the reason”

And the original NRA statement also written by Marion Hammer:

“...saying they no longer wish to be an NRA vendor, and refused to say why.”

So, which is it? The rest of the NRA statements pretty much corroborate the leaked letters from YETI to the other orgs.

The whole NRA position is base on a ridiculous premise: A cooler company is making a “secret” public statement against the 2A. What is the point to a secret public statement?

I think this whole thing is blown way out of proportion, and is only serving to divide. We were talking about a discount cooler program, right?

I could care less if YETI went under tomorrow. The only YETI products I have were gifts from my kids. I won’t be blowing them up, they have sentimental value to me, and work pretty well.

I will continue to support the NRA because they are the biggest lobbying group for 2A issues, which is extremely important. But I don’t like how this was handled, and I hope the NRA can start moving in a better direction than this. Oh, and can someone over there tell national board member Drunk Uncle Ted Nugent to stop ranting about exterminating the political opposition? Mass murder is not a good policy position.

I hope none of this makes me a secret communist.

;)

Jimmy

Lil-Rokslider
Why was the NRA giving away Chinese-made coolers in the first place? Shouldn't they have tried to get something American Made to support America and our workers? Just a thought..

GrantMan

Lil-Rokslider
My thoughts too. It appears to be a win win for both the NRA and Yeti.

NRA will find a better company to deal with and Yeti will keep on doing what they want to do with their business.

Murdy

WKR
In Yeti's statement no where do they say they support the fight for the 2A in it's original intent in the constitution . Only that they support the 2A as far as hunting and the outdoors goes.
Did every body miss this?

I did miss that. Earlier, in this thread, a YETI statement is reproduced that ends with the following: "Moreover, YETI is unwavering in our belief in and commitment to the Constitution of the United States and its Second Amendment."

That seems pretty unequivocal to me.

In any event, the position you set forth is pretty nuanced (and undoubtedly correct). To expect that level of subtlety in a Tweet or a press release intended for mass consumption is, I think, a bit much. I don't think it valid to draw inferences about Yeti's ultimate interpretation of the Second Amendment from what they didn't say in such a forum.

Moreover, not everyone has thought this through to the level you have, and we should not immediately regard those who have not as enemies, where their interpretation of the 2nd Amendment is favorable, though flawed.

I did miss that. Earlier, in this thread, a YETI statement is reproduced that ends with the following: "Moreover, YETI is unwavering in our belief in and commitment to the Constitution of the United States and its Second Amendment."

That seems pretty unequivocal to me.

In any event, the position you set forth is pretty nuanced (and undoubtedly correct). To expect that level of subtlety in a Tweet or a press release intended for mass consumption is, I think, a bit much. I don't think it valid to draw inferences about Yeti's ultimate interpretation of the Second Amendment from what they didn't say in such a forum.

Moreover, not everyone has thought this through to the level you have, and we should not immediately regard those who have not as enemies, where their interpretation of the 2nd Amendment is favorable, though flawed.

Absolutely agree with a lot of this.. But today the 2A is up for interpretation and whos interpretation does Yeti stand t support- the NRA or the liberals. This is my concern with today media responses, you always have to read deeper and go further to get to most of the real truth.

I wish the NRA has over reacted. I bet everyone in support of the NRA hopes they simply are being bullies rather than the alternative.
That Yeti is falling victim to liberal pressures.
This is a season of great influence and bully tactics by all sides, yet the NRA gets verbally punished by the left for doing so, while the left liberal machines get the free pass in the exact same if not worst tactics. More hypocrisy.

I hope the NRA is simply being emotionally foolish.
I do not hope Yeti bailed for political reasons or that domino effect continues and will lead to more caving.
I want to be wrong in this as does every other NRA member. Us being right, is worst in the end, than us being wrong.

Why was the NRA giving away Chinese-made coolers in the first place? Shouldn't they have tried to get something American Made to support America and our workers? Just a thought..

C'mon Jimmy
The NRA purchased from an American company., based out of Texas This American company took its business where ever they had to for max profits- that's on them not the NRA.
Many on here buy packs and other gear from companies that do the same thing.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
bull shit. The shoe fits now the NRA needs to wear it. They showed by their actions that there is no place for thinking or discussion within the ranks.
Any companies or people need to take note of what the NRA is willing to do to their friends. Because you might be next.
Other companies if they are smart will run for the hills and cut ties as soon as they are able before they get turned on as well.

And furthermore when you read some of the many ignorant comments by the some of members and see how quick they are to turn on their own....well that is people I dont want to be associated with. Facts dont matter, context is irrelevant. Your no better the left you despise so much.

Again.......you're ignoring the bottom line and getting offended by the semantics, the extraneous, the fluff.

That's like telling your sports coach you're sitting out this game or quitting because his pre-game speech was polarizing, divisive, and offended you. And that's fine........that's your choice, you can choose to divide yourself from the team, and the team will press on without you with the bottom line.....regardless of all the fluff.

Allowing yourself to get offended spurns bitterness and anger in yourself that only you can deal with to correct. That holds true in every aspect of life. We sure have a bunch of bitter and angry folks in America today.

And that's exactly what's happening in America concerning President Trump since he got elected. There are more Americans concerned (and offended) with the semantics, and who he is, and how he says things, and every other useless piece of fluff out there.....rather than what's best for the country......what needs to be accomplished.......where everyone's efforts should be focused.....rather than the extraneous useless fluff that takes up everyone's time including the President's and Congresses. We are in the day and age of "being offended" with fluff.

Last edited:
And, as the thread goes on, it becomes more about personal feelings for some then it does about getting it fixed so it doesn't happen again. Take the cheap shot to prove your point. Instead pf trying to understand how it happened and what can be done to ensure it never happens again.

I too really hope the NRA is wrong here. I truly do. Because if this is what they have insinuated, then we are screwed in regards to an unwavering 2nd Amendment. IF we can loose one of our own that quickly due to market pressures, then the almighty dollar will see our gun rights bought out in time.

Again.......you're ignoring the bottom line and getting offended by the semantics, the extraneous, the fluff.

That's like telling your sports coach you're sitting out this game or quitting because his pre-game speech was polarizing, divisive, and offended you. And that's fine........that's your choice, you can choose to divide yourself from the team, and the team will press on without you with the bottom line.....regardless of all the fluff.

Allowing yourself to get offended spurns bitterness and anger in yourself that only you can deal with to correct. That holds true in every aspect of life. We sure have a bunch of bitter and angry folks in America today.

And that's exactly what's happening in America concerning President Trump since he got elected. There are more Americans concerned (and offended) with the semantics, and who he is, and how he says things, and every other useless piece of fluff out there.....rather than what's best for the country......what needs to be accomplished.......where everyone's efforts should be focused.....rather than the extraneous useless fluff that takes up everyone's time including the President's and Congresses. We are in the day and age of "being offended" with fluff.

5 miles, we posted at the same time. Sorry mflood, this one beat you out for the best post on the thread.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Well?
cfe7cd23f2de22f62b6e5b313e1ea8e1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk