What companies am I allowed to buy from?

Is there a list somewhere? I'm actually kind of serious. It seems like every week there's another post about somebody who is anti this or pro anti hunting or whatever. Does anybody have a list put together of good and bad companies for sportsman and why? I don't have the time in my life to keep track.

Thanks,
Tim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
It’s a free country, brother. Buy from anybody you want. Research the politics as much or as little as you feel necessary.

I always think it is funny to let somebody else dictate what you should do.

That said, the safest bet is to check out Rokslide sponsors first!

(edit - Dang it quickfingers dotman!)

EastMT

WKR
I buy from where I find the best deals, try not to buy from a few places, but I don’t spend a bunch of time on it. Otherwise I couldn’t use Apple, google, Microsoft, etc etc. I’ve been run out of REI though, apparently you aren’t supposed to argue with the boot “stalker” about killing animals to make leather boots or the need for a 90% reduction in world population to save the planet..........apparently calling them @&$@ suckers, and dropping merchandise where you stand is a non no no. My wife banned me from there, said bail is expensive, so I sneak in when she’s not around and ignore the salesman like the plague.

I would think if you are a free thinking full grown human American you could buy from who ever you saw fit.
I think a lot of boycotting is just internet bluster. Half the guys bitching about yeti would probably snag one of those coolers in a hot minute if they were given a good enough deal on one.

Murdy

WKR
If you don't limit your consideration to outdoors issue, and included other issues you cared about, it would probably be hard to find a company that was 100% consistent with your beliefs.

I mostly just wish companies would stay out of politics so I could make buying decisions solely thinking about things like price and quality.

OP
bowieknife50
If you don't limit your consideration to outdoors issue, and included other issues you cared about, it would probably be hard to find a company that was 100% consistent with your beliefs.

I mostly just wish companies would stay out of politics so I could make buying decisions solely thinking about things like price and quality.

Preach

woods89

WKR
I buy what I want where I can get it. Life's too short to worry about what my underwear manufacturer thinks about, say, vehicle safety standards.

Broomd

WKR
Is there a list somewhere? I'm actually kind of serious. It seems like every week there's another post about somebody who is anti this or pro anti hunting or whatever. Does anybody have a list put together of good and bad companies for sportsman and why? I don't have the time in my life to keep track.

Thanks,
Tim

Wow, after you get the sought-after permission you seek here you need to find where to source another man-card....although I think we all only get one.

Buy from wherever you want. If you want to exclude companies because of YOUR reservations, then do it. This "lets boycott or not buy from so and so because" is getting old. What happened to people having their own thoughts and beliefs.

Billinsd

WKR
Most people say, I'm simple, but my friends and wife says I'm complicated. I've got a "soft" boycott against California, because I'm living here, lol. I do try to avoid buying things here or vacationing here. I'm weaning myself off hunting and fishing here too. Groceries, is pretty impossible. Before, our Governor Moonbeam made us pay taxes for Amazon, I used to joke about rather paying the teamster union UPS instead of California sales tax. I've never cared for the Teamsters, but picked them over California taxes. I never liked to buy from REI and held my nose when I bought a few great, actually awesome deals, or walked into the store to try things out. I've only bought one Pategonia item, a Nanopuff jacket and although it is excellent, it stinks a little of Pategonia, but I held my nose when I bought it and wear it. There are a couple archery stores in town. One is real big and popular, or was but I never cared for owner. I shop at the smaller store with fewer items, but excellent customer service. I don't mind buying Chinese made things, so long as it's value priced. I rarely watch movies at the Theater, unless they really interest me and are great on the big screen. I generally hold my nose or try and forget about the actors political stunts. After a New Yorkers writer trashed Chick fil e, I walked out of a Panda Express, nothing against them, and drove 5 miles to a Chick Fil e. And it was pretty good. That's kinda general, but that's how I roll. It's next to impossible, definitely not real fun to boycott a lot of places, you gotta do what you gotta do. It's real personal for many of us. Follow your heart! LOL :D

dotman

WKR
Most people say, I'm simple, but my friends and wife says I'm complicated. I've got a "soft" boycott against California, because I'm living here, lol. I do try to avoid buying things here or vacationing here. I'm weaning myself off hunting and fishing here too. Groceries, is pretty impossible. Before, our Governor Moonbeam made us pay taxes for Amazon, I used to joke about rather paying the teamster union UPS instead of California sales tax. I've never cared for the Teamsters, but picked them over California taxes. I never liked to buy from REI and held my nose when I bought a few great, actually awesome deals, or walked into the store to try things out. I've only bought one Pategonia item, a Nanopuff jacket and although it is excellent, it stinks a little of Pategonia, but I held my nose when I bought it and wear it. There are a couple archery stores in town. One is real big and popular, or was but I never cared for owner. I shop at the smaller store with fewer items, but excellent customer service. I don't mind buying Chinese made things, so long as it's value priced. I rarely watch movies at the Theater, unless they really interest me and are great on the big screen. I generally hold my nose or try and forget about the actors political stunts. After a New Yorkers writer trashed Chick fil e, I walked out of a Panda Express, nothing against them, and drove 5 miles to a Chick Fil e. And it was pretty good. That's kinda general, but that's how I roll. It's next to impossible, definitely not real fun to boycott a lot of places, you gotta do what you gotta do. It's real personal for many of us. Follow your heart! LOL :D

Hey from what I hear you may be living in a different country in the next few years 😱

Billinsd

WKR
Different country? Maybe Alaska?
No, back in time...Society has become crap!! My good buddy keeps showing me a photo of a painting of cabin in the past on his mantel. He wants to live in that cabin and so do I. I'd like to go back in time either back before Theodore Roosevelt or Lincoln. Of course I'm just talking socially and metaphorically. I like all my technology!! ;)

Last edited:

dotman

WKR
Different country? Maybe Alaska?
No, back in time...Society has become crap!! My good buddy keeps showing me a photo of a painting of cabin in the past on his mantel. He wants to live in that cabin and so do I. I'd like to go back in time either back before Theodore Roosevelt or Lincoln. Of course I'm just talking socially and metaphorically. I like all my technology!! ;)

In the news today calexit received the go ahead to obtain signatures to add it on the 2020 ballot for CA to become an independent nation.

Calexit gets go-ahead to start collecting signatures | Fox News