Daypack food/snacks?

mvmnts

WKR
Blows my mind how everyone here will carry 5, 6, 7 lb packs, full of even heavier shit, and ya'll are eating like protein supplements, energy bars and gorp and all day, damn. I will usually bring a sandwich, chips, cheese (babybels keep for days), almonds or some other mix of nuts, apples/oranges, jerky or summer sausage, and some sort of chocolate, either snickers or lately I've been digging those ridiculously expensive onnit coconut cashew bites. I also like peanut butter on stuff, tunafish or sardines, avocado, frozen bag of homemade chili if I'm packing my little 5oz alcohol cookkit. I mean shit, the sky is the limit on a day hunt. Broaden your horizons people. It's like you don't like to eat!

Idahomnts

Lil-Rokslider
Besides the normal variety of cliff,protein,energy granola bars trail mix and jerky,
I like making burritos out of left overs,
Game spaghetti or burgerhelper are my favorite, also make like you would a good meat sandwich
Put on tortilla , spread some grated cheese, wrap up in tin foil a good four five full wraps , roll up the ends and vacuum seal for future use, label and throw it in the freezer ,
Wrap them up in that extra layering piece you take,
Cook on a nice bed of coals somewhat attentively for a home cooked meal on the hill
Cooking times very upon experience lol
Usually are done when you can feel a crispy golden tortilla and your mouth is watering
Also cook on esbit if conditions don’t allow

Some tips: cool your food unsealed in fridge until cold to reduce condensation which really messes up your shell lol, ever eat a taco salad with out eating utensils? Also get the wide tin foil as you get longer “handles”

The lunch meat burritos are made morning of, no need to freeze ,

English muffins packed with peanut butter an honey are great for breakfast also

ethan

WKR
Left over pizza, McDonald’s, and Taco Bell......just kidding, don’t eat that crap! I mostly just snack. I like Cajun trail mix, jerky, and protein bars. Usually just eat a meal at night and maybe some oatmeal for breakfast and coffee, lots of coffee!

bivouaclarry

Lil-Rokslider
Day hunting with ability to make food? Turkey and cheese sandwiches with pickles, lettuce. A tin of smoked trout from Trader Joe's. Dry salami. Baby Bel cheese. Couple of bars. Electrolyte mix of some sort. I always stash an extra couple of bars in case I put something down and it's going to be late.