moab wedding

men, i'm going to a wedding at a glampground ouside of arches with some folks that i ran boats with in glacier. after the glamping experience what kind of blm land is around to camp out on and explore for a week in june?
tia!

A MOAB wedding sounds too hot.

fCFfLBn.gif

elkduds

WKR
It'll be cooler up in the LaSals (Nat'l forest) than in the redrock country. Plenty of camping along the Colorado River upstream, good for tubing. Short hike up Negro Bill canyon to the arch.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Plenty of blm grounds around Moab it's going to be hot out in the desert in June. Some pretty awesome short hikes not far from town negro bill canyon has a small stream and falls in it so that keeps it cooler. Corona Arch is another nice destination. Some less crowded camping can be found around Dewey and you can head down towards the Dolores River where it'll be cooler. Plenty of places to explore will you be in a rental car? Bringing a mountain bike?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I love Moab. Tons of available camping and every imaginable recreation sport.

I have a cool camping spot I know the directions to but don't have a name for. Its not free but its in a canyon which will provide more shade which could be a game changer that time of year.

If you go rafting ask around for Dean, I met him in a bar and he seemed like he would be a hoot on the water. I'm sure he's a fixture in the community.

It could feel like you're walking on the sun if its especially hot.

OP
B
i used to "mountain bike" on my gitane ten speed before the term was around, so that'll date me!.
so too hot, guess we will be needing shade.
thanks so far men.

wesfromky

WKR
Might be hot, but onion creek is pretty close to town, and at least used to be free camping. I have also slept in my suv on river road a few times. Farther out of town, there is free camping in Indian creek as well.

Moab has tons of options. The river is there and you will be in every day in June
Should be a beautiful back drop for wedding pics

amp713

WKR
World destinations for jeeps. Love living 4 miles away and getting to go. Try out zax one of my favorites!! Lots of adventuring to be done down there!

I will say that the mountain biking that people come to Moab for is mostly not for the casual rider. If you rent a bike and go out make absolutely sure you know what you're getting yourself into. Most of the fun trails in Moab have a body count and you can see why when you ride them.

hflier

WKR
Classified Approved
I was just there last week. Beautiful country. I can't imagine in June being out in the desert much past morning. When I was there and doing a lot of hiking it was only about 70 degrees and I was roasting. If I were going at that time I would be spending time floating the rivers. I enjoyed Canyonlands more than Arches. If I get to go back I am going rafting. Enjoy your trip.

young7.3

WKR
Definately check out Corona arch. It's right next to the river too so you can take a quick dip to cool off. Visit the la sals!! it'll be about 20 degrees or more cooler up there and great hiking trails too! If you are up for it, do a canyoneering trip! It was a lot of fun!. Check out my instagram for pictures from our trip to Moab last summer!

OP
B
well,it looks like i'll be packing swim trunks, anyone have any blm chart #s for that arches, canyonlands area? tia

young7.3

WKR
well,it looks like i'll be packing swim trunks, anyone have any blm chart #s for that arches, canyonlands area? tia

Simply type in “corona arch trailhead” in google maps. If i remember correctly, the park entrance has maps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B
well men,all packed off i go. i'll drop the sawtooth off in denver, probably buy an lpparka. i wanted to check sizes.
100 degrees,severe drought, oh yeah!!!
canyoneering looks like a heck of a lot of fun young!

young7.3

WKR
well men,all packed off i go. i'll drop the sawtooth off in denver, probably buy an lpparka. i wanted to check sizes.
100 degrees,severe drought, oh yeah!!!
canyoneering looks like a heck of a lot of fun young!

It's a dry heat, feels nice compared to humid weather back east. Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got done with a week in Moab.

Fun to do a rip up into the la sal mountains if you can. It's way cooler. The couple lakes have plenty of fish to hook.

Needles is a cool area.

There's plenty of rock climbing to be done.

4x4 roads galore.

Rent a mtn bike and do the whole enchilada

Have fun and stay hydrated.