Backcountry Fuel Box

HoytHunter24

Lil-Rokslider
I am curious how many people have subscribed to Cody Rich's Backcountry Fuel Box and what you all think?

I signed up at the beginning to give it a try and have been impressed so far! Each box has had items I've been wanting to try. It has been a big help because some of the items I thought I would like turned out not being right for me. My wife thought I was crazy at first but after the original box came she now fights me for "her" half of the box haha

How is everyone else's experience with this so far?

I stick with what works for me...seems every time I try something new I end up regretting it. Tried a gel bar and suffered immense gas pains, felt like a filet knife in my side. Some Mt. House meals have explosive side effects. Now I just play it safe, I pack my pro bars and Honey Stingers and other "safe" fuels and focus on the trek.

Trial153

WKR
Does that thing come with laxatives ? Because by day 3 of most "back country type" diets my turds resemble that of a 200 pound rabbit ...

Last edited:

amp713

WKR
I have been getting it but I'm stock piling a little to save up for scouting where I will keep track of what I liked and didn't then get more of the good

colersu22

WKR
I like it for the fact that I can try new things without taking the gamble and buying a box to find out I don’t like it, I have 3 boxes saved now for spring bear and scouting trips.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've really liked mine so far. Helps a bit in trying new things before I mass buy something for the fall.