Hope this isn’t the start of Colorado’s fire season

3forks

WKR
I had to fly from Denver to LA today, and I was shocked at how little snow is left in the southern mountains.

Our snowpack is way below average in the Southwest and other parts of the state are only marginally better.

I saw this fire burning, but couldn’t find it on Inciweb. Whether it’s a prescribed burn or not - I don’t know.

Regardless, I hope we don’t have most of this state on fire this summer.A60DBD4B-C15E-4D94-964F-26D634335729.jpg

Davebuech

WKR
Dry as a popcorn fart out here this year. Had several small fires already scattered about. Fire bans in effect most everywhere in the SW part of the state and some towns around the SLV already initiated watering restrictions. The Arkansas and Rio Grande look like they do in August. Going to be a rough one. Oh and 72 degrees today too!

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I didn't know the southern mountains had any snow to start with this year. And we've been having fires along the front range since January. But ya, this could be a serious fire season in the high country if they don't get some much needed late snow and summer rains.

Beendare

WKR
Ugh....yeah....with all of that standing beetle kill.

I hate to say it but we need something to clean that out.

I'm not an expert on this...but it seems to me the longer we wait on some controlled burns of all that standing dead timber...is just making it to where if there is a fire...it will be catastrophic.

Davebuech

WKR
A good portion of our snow was just recent. I think I heard the snowpack is about 18 percent of normal. Hoping for some April/May rain/snow without the lightning!

I didn't know the southern mountains had any snow to start with this year. And we've been having fires along the front range since January. But ya, this could be a serious fire season in the high country if they don't get some much needed late snow and summer rains.

Gnatboy911

Lil-Rokslider
I live in Silt, and they did a huge controlled burn the day you posted this. It's possible that it's the same one. Read that it was something like 2500 acres.

chindits

WKR
Let it burn. Look at the burn that happened in GMU 76. It just bounces back so no doom and gloom from me over fire. Hell, I got my biggest bull in 76 the same year as that fire. However, it will probably start raining every afternoon right around July 4th.