DAMN! Looks like I'll have to "somewhat" join the Avery's........

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
So.......fuzzy wuzzy and his bride are diehard (man, this hurts to say) Dallas Cowboy fans. And I mean diehard fans. Fuzzy Wuzzy even has a cowboy speedo I've been told........
Well, I am a diehard Boise State fan and the cowboys just drafted Leighton Vander Esch and Cedric Wilson from last years bronco team plus Kellen Moore is their new QB coach so, damn, I am rootin for them to go all the way! Well, I'll keep rootin for the sea chickens also but if Dallas goes the distance, I'd be happy for those fellas.

Randy

GO BOISE STATE!

mtmuley

WKR
There's always room for another Cowboy fan. Me, I have 40 plus years in. Welcome to America's team. mtmuley

ShakeDown

WKR
In a similar boat after The Boys drafted two of my all time favorite ND players in Zack Martin and Jaylon Smith in recent drafts.

... but dang it if I don’t hate that star.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I've been a Packers fan for about 30 years and still am. However, I started following the Cowboys when Dak went to the Cowboys.

Hail State!!!

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wierd I thought I it was an Avery tradition on game day to get all decked out head to toe in Seahawks colors and game jerseys.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
Cowboys fan....meh.

I thought it very funny how the Cowboys laid out their NFL draft room with JJ front and center......

Of course they know the cameras are on them while on the clock....and who do we see.....Jerry!

Then they leak the story that last year Jerry wanted to draft this one guy...and the rest of the room was adamant about NOT drafting the guy. So they put on this ruse to get Jerry out of the room.....while the other guys put in their pick before Jerry could realize what happened. Classic.

Shades of Al Davis [RIP]....these ego driven Billionaires can really screw up a team........Jamarcus Russel ring a bell?

My son was riding high when 2 of his schools O linemen were drafted in the top 10.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Yep! Can’t wait to see how that big old country kid does at middle linebackers!

And I don’t know about diehards:)

d575f291e322f96372b4af07b4e80485.jpg

6780ae49bb4da19651a65defcd91f3f9.jpg

43c4c13ec1b23c2e85b19a18a97e78c9.jpg

a67a87b86b46af097215f4b456977993.jpg

279415727252742815265d1f7cdfe476.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AustinL911

Lil-Rokslider
Just glad to see a couple of my Buckeyes went to my Bengals. Hopefully this Malik Jefferson kid they picked up from Texas turns out pretty good. He could learn some things from my boy, Vontaze Burfict.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Cowboys are still in the NFL? Weird. I didn't realize they still had a squad.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

HookUp

WKR
How does a cowboys fan change a light bulb? They don't, they just talk about how good the old one was.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Now that Gruden is coaching the Raiders, they should be fun to watch. If Denver won't get their heads out of their rears, I might even root for the Raiders.

Beendare

WKR
I like the first couple rounds of that NFL draft as its fun to see stuff like;

the Saints trade up to draft a guy no one was even talking about.

Or all of the talk before the draft...."We are looking at THIS guy" ....and its all a ruse as they don't want to show their cards on who they really want. The Cleveland pick was a bit of a surprise to me as they actually talked about Mayfield. [Personally I think Rosen and Darnold are better...but what do I know]

All of the talk about these QB's....What we don't know is how smart they are....a big factor in the NFL....not so big in college as they can get by on raw talent.

Good interview with Garrapolo [49ers] where they asked him the difference between last yrs short season and now. He essentially said he could only digest 10% of the offensive schemes. Now he has gotten into the layer upon layers of options in the schemes and routes.

We watch these games and maybe don't realize that when the offense comes to the line of scrimmage; there are 3 different blocking schemes and multiple reciever options depending on how the defense lines up...its become a very complicated game and about the only position you can get by on raw talent is D line.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Nothing against any of you but I wouldn't watch the NFL for any reason.
Pretty much my sentiments. I bet i didn't watch 20 minutes of that garbage last year. My cousin grew up a Cowboys fan and had everything with that freaking star on it. I've despised them ever since birth almost. Don't have to watch the NFL to hate the Cowboys. Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mike7

WKR
I like the first couple rounds of that NFL draft as its fun to see stuff like;

the Saints trade up to draft a guy no one was even talking about.

Or all of the talk before the draft...."We are looking at THIS guy" ....and its all a ruse as they don't want to show their cards on who they really want. The Cleveland pick was a bit of a surprise to me as they actually talked about Mayfield. [Personally I think Rosen and Darnold are better...but what do I know]

All of the talk about these QB's....What we don't know is how smart they are....a big factor in the NFL....not so big in college as they can get by on raw talent.

Good interview with Garrapolo [49ers] where they asked him the difference between last yrs short season and now. He essentially said he could only digest 10% of the offensive schemes. Now he has gotten into the layer upon layers of options in the schemes and routes.

We watch these games and maybe don't realize that when the offense comes to the line of scrimmage; there are 3 different blocking schemes and multiple reciever options depending on how the defense lines up...its become a very complicated game and about the only position you can get by on raw talent is D line.

I was taught to hate the Cowboys as a young boy by dad, since he was a 49ers fan...but that was long ago, and before the 49ers became a team representing a foreign country.

You are absolutely right on the quarterbacks. That "It" factor that players like Brady and Montana have/had, all starts from the neck up. I think it helps make their teammates and fans just get a feeling that these quarterbacks in the 4th quarter are going to rarely make a mistake and somehow can will their teams into the endzone.