Lightweight Wood Stoves

OP
R

rgwaldron

FNG
Are any of you guys running the Lite Outdoors with or without the baffle running a spark arrestor?

If so how hard is it to pop out to clean it?

That's one of the nice things about the Kifaru stove is it's easy to slide out the screens to clean them when ever you need too, but it would be nicer if you didn't have to at all. Even with the 2 screens in I still have a few pin holes in my shelter from embers.

The baffle seems like a good idea, but how good does it work?

I'm a little paranoid about laying in my shelter while unknowingly a big ember starts a forest fire.

Nomad

Lil-Rokslider
I have both the baffle and spark arrestor on mine. The spark arrestor fits in the bottom of the stove pipe (convex side sticking out) and basically rests on top of the baffle. It's not made of super fine screening so I've never seen the need to try to clean it. I'm not sure the baffle really gets you any more burn time (in this type of application, that is... a tiny 18" stove), but I do believe it does a significant job of cutting down on sparks and embers escaping the stove.

Spark Arrestor -

I recently purchased one with a baffle and chose to not get the spark arrestor after talking with the owner. He said that with the baffle sparks don’t seem to be much of an issue. I confirmed that with hard woods but I haven’t yet used pine in the stove.