Elk Mountain Slip System unbox review

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
So I did a quick video review of the Elk Mountain Slip System from Elk Mountain Gear. This is one of my first reviews Ive done so take it easy on me. =-)

[video=youtube;N3m7RK0q_ok]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3m7RK0q_ok[/video]

Thanks.

elkmtngear

Lil-Rokslider
Daniel, we do have Tundra Camo. Caribou is definitely on our list for future prints, as is a cow moose butt.

TundraCamoSlip_zps08128d82.jpg

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Jeff I think you got something going on with the Game rear end Graphics... :D

colonel00

WKR
Looks good. I would really like to see an action video that shows yourself as a "new" user trying to use the system quickly in a hunting scenario. I watched the other videos and Jeff made it look great but he also has a ton of time with the system. Nothing wrong with that but it is always good to see how others who are less familiar with the system use it and what tricks you find to make it quicker and easier.

elkmtngear

Lil-Rokslider
Looks good. I would really like to see an action video that shows yourself as a "new" user trying to use the system quickly in a hunting scenario. I watched the other videos and Jeff made it look great but he also has a ton of time with the system. Nothing wrong with that but it is always good to see how others who are less familiar with the system use it and what tricks you find to make it quicker and easier.

Brad,

There is definitely a learning curve there. I always try to send out a Quick Start Guide pdf. when someone purchases, it has a lot of little tricks that can shortcut the learning curve. Hopefully James took the time to read it :D

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Pfft I watched the Video. Im a typical man I dont read directions....... :cool:

Are there any videos out there of Pronghorns dying from an arrow and the Slip System? I'd like to watch them if there are so please post them up if you can find them, for some reason I can't get YouTube to load properly right now, but can save the links posted for later if anyone is willing :)

Again, Pronghorns, Arrows and the slip system. Please.

elkmtngear

Lil-Rokslider
Nick,
The only video we have is from Sage Buck Productions. They used the Moo Cow as a confidence decoy in a hide blind. Two guys killed two nice bucks from the same hide on Public land in Idaho.

Should have happened in 2010. Kenny Hollingsworth was filming in Nebraska for TNT Outdoor Explosion, and missed 3 bucks in high wind from behind the blind with the Pronghorn Cover (20, 30 and 40 yards respectively)

Montana decoys have been out for like 12 years (or more??), and I've only seen one kill sequence that shows the decoy in use.

We have had some success stories but no shot video yet. This will be our Year...lotta shooters with video cams and SLIP Systems out there! :)

sagebuckgoatsmall.jpg

Last edited:

jjenness

Lil-Rokslider
I will be using it this month for some speed goats. I will make it a point to get some video and post it up for you guys.

elkmtngear

Lil-Rokslider
Tiger, it retails around 115 dollars with a single slipcover. The slipcovers retail for $34.95, so it's relatively affordable to collect the covers as needed.

We currently have 20 available camo and decoy covers.

elkmtngear

Lil-Rokslider
Brian, with the cover on...2.7 lbs.

Without the cover (ex, as a trekking pole, unslipped)...1.9 lbs.

The cover adds significant weight, due to the high quality stretch poly material.