Camping Shower Stall

treillw

WKR
I feel like it's pointless to ask, but somebody will probably have a bright idea :rolleyes:

Any revelations in the department of setting up a shower stall for car camping? I was thinking of grabbing something like this from Walfart or rigging up a tarp. The tarp would probably be a hassle.

Thanks!

e9d24784-68a9-479f-a8c6-35dca971c38b_1.68d86a774be8bcea4b4b3374a29ed708.jpeg

Billinsd

WKR
It depends on how remote you are going and with whom. I've never used a stall myself, I'm either remote and/or descrete, or don't shower. Whatever I do, I'm 100% heathen! :D

Mattt

Lil-Rokslider
I've tried the stall like in ur pictures. IMO not worth it. Hard to keep one in a good wind. If I do another one it will be a pvc frame that goes in the trailer hitch or on a bracket on my trailer. Cheap curtain from the dollar store and a Rubbermaid tote. Wind gets up just slip the curtain off into tote. Probably cost less than half and work better. Cut pvc to fit in tote when taken apart.

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
I've tried the stall like in ur pictures. IMO not worth it. Hard to keep one in a good wind. If I do another one it will be a pvc frame that goes in the trailer hitch or on a bracket on my trailer. Cheap curtain from the dollar store and a Rubbermaid tote. Wind gets up just slip the curtain off into tote. Probably cost less than half and work better. Cut pvc to fit in tote when taken apart.

brilliant!!

blackdawg

WKR
I have a camo version, make sure to get extra stakes and plenty of cordage to tie it down, tied down they can withstand a surprising amount of wind,they also hold up surprisingly well as cheap and flimsy as they are. I personally hate showering in the wide open, with the lightest wind in the winter months it plain sucks, this deal does everything you need. I bought a cheap folding shower stand that holds all the cleaning goods, beats the rubber mat that I used for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

young7.3

WKR
We have a version like this Amazon.com : TMS Portable Green Outdoor Pop Up Tent Camping Shower Privacy Toilet Changing Room : Sports & Outdoors and a version like the one in the link below.

The tent in the link below is much much better due to it having a frame that you can stake to the ground and hang stuff from on the inside. Plus it does better on cutting down the wind while in the shower so you stay warm.
Amazon.com : Anfan Privacy Tent Portable Shower Tents Waterproof Camping Shower/Toilet with Carry Bag (Yellow) : Sports & Outdoors

Went through this last few years and ended up with a shelter from Kelty. Cut the floor out of it and made a small wooden platform out of ferring strips.
Those ones like you have pictured are ok for toilet or privacy shelter, but forget about hanging anything in there and there small.
We also ended up with the metal tank pump shower from Zodi that you can sit right on a stove.
I'm kind of a wuss so I heat the shelter with a Buddy heater before a shower.
Summer time we just hang a shower bag from a tree and put a tarp up for privacy when neded.

Mattt

Lil-Rokslider
I use the zodi heater. Have to protect the burner from wind also so I would set it down inside the empty tote. The floor others here mentioned is a necessity what I have found with the zodi heater pump combo is to use an old cooler for a reservoir and preheat by pumping the warm water back into the reservoir. We do that for about an hour then use. It will get hotter than in your house and doung this lets us not use a heater near the shower. We struggled with this for the last four years in eastern Wyoming and threw the store bought stall away last year. I do t use the old cooler(reservoir) to store the shower stuff cuz I may not open it till the next year and it will be nasty. I usually store food like bread and paper products which come out upon arrival. Last year I added a store bought shower head to the zodi and it made a hell of a difference on shower quality. When the zodi dies I am gonna build my own with a 10 gallon pot on the camp chef stove with som soft copper tubing and a cheap boat bilge pump that plugs into my trailer connection on truck.

MIKEYB

WKR
Nemo Heliopolis and lx pressure shower, add some foam squares to the bottom under the floor to encourage drainage. Bring extra stakes and or tie down in the wind. A little spendy but keeps the women happy.

Heat some water and dump in the pressure shower.

young7.3

WKR
This one looks nice. It doesn't appear to have a floor though, does it? The ones with removable floors seem like they would work well.

We throw down a small tarp large enough to provide a prep area outside the shower stall. I wouldn't want an attached floor after seeing some of the dirty water that comes off of us during a hunt. Makes for easier clean up.