Why Rokslide doesn’t have a fishing forum

NDGuy

WKR
It does in the little lake I fish in.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

In ND we had a lake we caught about 200 crappies fishing two back to back mornings this winter. They were all 10-13s, I can't wait for them to grow!

EastMT

WKR
We have a rule every trip, smallest fish gets the hero shot. Here’s the trophy crappie of the day

c25fd8b642e9264ba5bf970e4fff10e3.jpg

My daughter is the best at holding fish for a picture. Exhibit A:. Same fish
ce9426ea66758e4b8d788525171dc864.jpg
9b257a2be948ce98741a91338135a8af.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Exhibit B:. Putting the "lean back" into it. Adds a few inches.
7025e1420c182df091cfae0a320a9f4d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Fatcamp

WKR
We fish. Snag paddlefish next weekend. Spearfish(poorly) in the summer. Love being on the water, but nothing compares to stalking game.

MT_Archer

FNG
Before I was a hunter I was a fisherman so I know all of the "tricks of the trade" in terms of getting a nice picture of that fish, be it a trophy or not.

I see a lot of "hold outs", but next time instead of bringing the fish to the camera, bring the camera to the fish. Also, make sure the bend of an elbow is visible to make it look like you are not straight arming. Finally, hide the hands. BIG hands next to a big fish definitely gives away the size

Anyone care to guess the weight of these fish? :)

For reference, I am 6'2" and 185lbs

2sNmzhV.jpg

MwnyoM8.jpg

bud

FNG
Im taking up for Brandon on this after the good info he gave me on my daughters cow tag in CO. I don't think its him. lol. Nice pic coop22250, really shows the skeletal structure and internal organs on a crappie...

Fromthedepths

Lil-Rokslider
How big are they Nelson , I missed the reference you posted at the end ,I’ll up my guess on the aj to 225lb , what kind of snapper cubera?hard to tell with the underwater pic . Either way nice fish !

Before I was a hunter I was a fisherman so I know all of the "tricks of the trade" in terms of getting a nice picture of that fish, be it a trophy or not.

I see a lot of "hold outs", but next time instead of bringing the fish to the camera, bring the camera to the fish. Also, make sure the bend of an elbow is visible to make it look like you are not straight arming. Finally, hide the hands. BIG hands next to a big fish definitely gives away the size

Anyone care to guess the weight of these fish? :)

For reference, I am 6'2" and 185lbs

2sNmzhV.jpg

MwnyoM8.jpg

Holding it out on the end of the spear helps. 25 lbs?

MT_Archer

FNG
Man among men, Nelson. You ocean freedivers have my utmost respect.

Thanks for the complement! - but from my brief intro to hunting on land, spearfishing is EASY in comparison. Especially hunting big game with a bow

How big are they Nelson , I missed the reference you posted at the end ,I’ll up my guess on the aj to 225lb , what kind of snapper cubera?hard to tell with the underwater pic . Either way nice fish !

The amberjack was 87 and the cubera snapper probably around 25ish. We were shore diving and didn't have a boat with ice so I gutted it in the water to help with spoilage

Holding it out on the end of the spear helps. 25 lbs?

The spear was out and I'm holding it by hand, but your weight is spot on!

Meanwhile I'm still figuring out how to take decent photos of land based game :)

QOgKuG7.jpg

Fromthedepths

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the complement! - but from my brief intro to hunting on land, spearfishing is EASY in comparison. Especially hunting big game with a bow

The amberjack was 87 and the cubera snapper probably around 25ish. We were shore diving and didn't have a boat with ice so I gutted it in the water to help with spoilage

The spear was out and I'm holding it by hand, but your weight is spot on!

Meanwhile I'm still figuring out how to take decent photos of land based game :)

QOgKuG7.jpg
[/QUOTE.

I need to guess better on the ajs! Way over