Spring time in the West

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
As much as living in Western WA sucks ass (politically, overcrowding/traffic and most of the time crappy weather) it can be pretty cool sometimes. Just have to make time to get outside!

Started off March with a trip to my soon to be in-laws family ranch in Norther CA for a pig hunt

Got a good 25K race in some beautiful country in Yakima, WA

Last weekend we got out on the ocean for some fishing. Nothing wrong with some ling for the freezer!

Halibut opens this Friday so we are headed to the coast again for a 3 days of Halibut, ling and seabass

Then leaving on 5/18 for 4 days of Spring Bear hunting!

The chores at the house will be there when I get back ;-)

How is everyone elses spring looking????

Last edited:
OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Way too much fun. I'm stuck working to pay for time off this fall.
Oh I do plenty of that too, haha. The ole construction industry is insanely busy around these parts currently!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Jimbob

WKR
It was a long winter so this spring has been very welcomed. Teaching a mountain bike class at school every Tuesday afternoon, so on the trails in the mountains is awesome. Then spring bear hunting on the weekends with my son, saw 7 last Saturday but only one stalk.

Take possession of our house May 29th so that will make things busy before getting ready for the sheep opener in August.

Great time of year.
O3QX9kel.jpg

I guess spring looks a little different down south. Here’s a selfi pic of a little training hike, behind the house, a few days ago.
1aff077ade015667084110e0af14d716.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I guess spring looks a little different down south. Here’s a selfi pic of a little training hike, behind the house, a few days ago.
1aff077ade015667084110e0af14d716.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wowzers! Looks a bit chilly.

ramont

Lil-Rokslider
Thunder storm and lots of rain as I write this. Still lots of snow just above my property and the lazy little creek below my house looks pretty much like a raging river right now.

[video]https://drive.google.com/open?id=13Ownm-M-H7iEqYkLe8cn4X8dPpmqd4Et[/video]

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just got back from our 3 day Halibut trip. What a great trip. We ended up with 1 halibut on Friday. We fished for sea bass on Saturday and caught out limits (28) then fished for Halibut again on Sunday with no luck. The ocean was pretty rough on Friday which prevented us from going out far which hurt. All in all, a great weekend. Next up, Spring bear! Packing my gear and leaving Friday after work.

Sea lions in the harbor.

Fridays Halibut caught by my Step Dad, Doug

Tons of these guys! Best eating fish around.

Bass Thumb.

OP
Brock A

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just got back from a few days in the mountains chasing spring bears. It was a great time!

We used pack goats. This was my first time with them, they are awesome. I might be getting a few myself after this hunt!

Camp

Adam found a nice moose paddle

Ticks weren't bad, only about 100 of them

1 of the 12 bears we saw. Just never could seal the deal. They all gave me the slip by the time I got over to them

Great time to be in the outdoors!