What’s your attainable bucket list for hunts look like?

WKR
Killed most everything large I wanted. Will hunt around and kill a few more I am sure but mostly enjoy hunting with my adult kids when I can. I could see a dall sheep, or a mtn grizzly, or a brown bear someday but not too important to me right now. Need to draw some more muzzleloader tags and get the custom 54 Hawken back out some more. I guess a 150" whitetail with that would be something of interest.

Got a big black drahthaar pup that likes to hunt everything. He's going to get a lot of work this fall and we'd like to get sharptails, blue grouse, huns, maybe ptarmigan just for fun, and then back to pheasant and quail. He doesn't give me too much crap about misses and I like his bubbly positive personality.

Hope you guys get to check a few boxes and always keep a balance in life. Easy to get eaten up with this stuff when you are young.

Goal is to finish up a completely DIY Super Ten within the next 5 years. Drawing a bison and/or musk ox will likely be the determining factor.

Mt Al

WKR
For me:

Attainable:
USA/Canada based: moose, caribou, mtn goat and hopefully a big bull elk some day. More upland game hunting.

Stretch goal:
Europe: some monster Russian boar from Romania or somewhere like that and a roe buck.

Really stretch goal:
Argentina middle of nowhere red deer in the rut.

Been fun reading these!

boom

WKR
my list is wild.

i try elk every year, so that is a gimme. same thoughts to deer. they are tough to hunt, but hunting them..actually going isnt that bad.

here is my list. i want to TRAP a beaver..old school.
i also want to shoot a damn sooty grouse with my .22. wife okayed AK next may, so that should get filled.

i WILL do a backpack trip into AZ to hunt that elusive Abert's squirrel. would have gone this year, but my brother went and drew an elk tag. figures.

Three species to go for an archery super slam:
Mt Caribou this Sept with Arctic Red River in the Mackenzie Mts of the NWT, and possibly on an August DIY hunt in BC (again).
Tule Elk... on a ranch in CA this fall assuming that they get their typical number of cow allocations.
Central Canadian Barren Ground Caribou in Manitoba or Nunavut in 2019....still figuring out who to book a hunt with.
In the future, more BC archery moose hunting, caribou hunting, wolf hunting...etc.

Also have a 7-month old Vizsla that is coming on so will do a bunch of upland hunting with her and my wife.

slick

WKR
As others have stated.. have been pretty fortunate growing up in the Midwest and moving further west.
Elk, mule deer, white tails (no interest anymore) and a bighorn ewe are checked off.
I have a goal to have two elk tags in my pocket every other year, and two mule deer tags in my pocket the other years; between WY, ID, and MT. With a hunt of those species mixed in once every 10 years or so in UT/CO.

Bucket list includes a
1)Pack raft float for moose in AK
2)Unlimited MT sheep
3)Mid Asian Ibex
4)Mountain goat in costal AK

Should really do more spring hunting preferably for Black bears, but that’s not necessarily bucket list. Also should probably try and move to AK and experience life up there for a bit. No GF, No permanent job, and an older dog- so nothing holding me back but myself. For now, MT will do.

Last edited:

TXCO

WKR
Im going for my #1 a dall sheep this fall

After that probably try #2 for a mtn goat

Mine go like this:

All with bow

PA Mountain Buck w/ wide rack (mountains to me)

PA Black Bear in a high swamp (location is always important for me

Newfoundland Moose

Scottish Isle of Skye Red Stag ( only with rifle)

Prince of Wales Island Blacktail Buck

Prince of Wales Island Black Bear

Kodiak Brown Bear

Afognak Island Elk

trslabaugh

Lil-Rokslider
I'm just getting started in this western thing... so I'll be pretty simple.

Every year:

Whitetail/Muleys with a pronghorn as a backup

or Elk

Less common hunts, maybe one every 3 years or so...

Caribou, black or Brown bear hunt, Coues and blacktail.

Realistically, I think I would be happy just being somewhat successful at my every year hunts in new areas. It is nice to know an area and the animals, but the "new" of a place and the research is what helps me handle the anticipation.

Kiwi

FNG
I’ve had some amazing hunting adventures but I’d like a few more before old age catches up with me.
Big tahr (13+ inches)
Grizzly (unlikely but possible)
Red stag (mature 12 pointer)
Mountain goat (in the ID draw this yes)
Mountain lion
Mature mule buck (applied in CO this year)

Hoping to take at least one from this list a year.

ChrisA

WKR
Taking a break from 2nd rifle in Colorado this year but will spend that week bowhunting prerut whitetails right here at home. A lot of the fun is traveling to new places but I always wonder how much success I'd have if I put the same amount of time and resources into hunting my back yard. Same for fishing trips, we have nice walleye right here.

Chris

wilkes

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in Australia and have hunted the following so far:
Fallow Deer
Sambar Deer
Mouflon Sheep (Croatia)
Wild Boar
Red Deer

Easily attainable bucket list over the next few years:
Chital Deer - Australia
Javan Rusa Deer - Australia
Hog Deer - Australia
A proper Red Stag - Australia
A proper Sambar Stag - Australia
Tahr - New Zealand
Chamois - New Zealand
Fiordland Elk - New Zealand
Red Deer - New Zealand
Ibex - Spain
Elk - USA
Black Bear - USA
Cougar - USA
Wolf - Anywhere

Bigger dreams that depend on time and money:
Any US Sheep Species
Mountain Goat
Brown Bear
Moose

wilkes

Lil-Rokslider
Mine go like this:

All with bow

PA Mountain Buck w/ wide rack (mountains to me)

PA Black Bear in a high swamp (location is always important for me

Newfoundland Moose

Scottish Isle of Skye Red Stag ( only with rifle)

Prince of Wales Island Blacktail Buck

Prince of Wales Island Black Bear

Kodiak Brown Bear

Afognak Island Elk

Just wanted to say that I love a good bucket list where the specific locations are important. It's all about the adventure in which that part is super important!

Grizz208

FNG
So far I have shot an elk, whitetail deer, shiras moose, and black bear.

My goals are:
Mule deer
340 bull elk
Antelope (hope to draw this year)
Sitka blacktail (been a dream since a kid)
Alaskan moose
Grizzly
Caribou
Mtn goat
Any type of sheep
And....a black colored black bear. I've only shot color phased. Brown and blonde.

Living in Utah I've hunted mainly deer and elk. Killed both, but I would love to kill a big bull elk with my bow.
Will be chasing Mule Deer with my bow looking for a good velvet buck this year

True bucket list hunts for me would be:
Argentina Red Stag
Alaskan or good BC Moose
Alaska Caribou

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk