Colorado preference points

Fromthedepths

Lil-Rokslider
I’m new to the whole preference points deal , can anyone tell me when they take the money for the points? Theyve taken my application fee money so far and that’s it ,thanks

Freestone

Lil-Rokslider
I’m new to the whole preference points deal , can anyone tell me when they take the money for the points? Theyve taken my application fee money so far and that’s it ,thanks

If you only applied for points then you will only be charged the application fee. If you applied for points as first choice and a tag as second choice, you won’t be charged for the tag until they draw tags (couple weeks still for deer and elk). Colorado established a new system this year in the sense that previous years you were charged full price for the license upfront. If you did not draw the tag or had only wanted a preference point then you were issued a refund 6-8weeks later. With this new system it only costs $3 to apply for a preference point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freestone

Lil-Rokslider
Do the colorado points expire? Or do I lose them if I skip applying for a year?

I know you don’t lose them if you miss a year. Don’t quote me on it but believe you lose them after 5 years of no application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk