Socket set

Takem

WKR
Do any of you have a good recommendation for a socket set that travels well meaning the sockets lock into the case well. I finally had enough of re organizing my last set every time I open it and I need to get one ordered. I'm not looking for a huge set but decent sized. Any help would be appreciated.

CorbLand

WKR
I have a craftsman one that has been in my tool box for 4 years and never failed me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I moved away from craftsman. Not clear where the brand and quality are going post sears collapse. I bought them for years because they were good but not great and the warranty was rock solid. These days...I don’t know.

I have a dewalt set and seem to be acquiring a lot of dewalt tools. Nothing has let me down yet. If I had a grip it would be that the socket set box is very bulky compared to the craftsman it replaced in my toool bag. The craftsman was not ideal though as it was mor of a rack than a box Andy sockets would fall out.

colersu22

WKR
I have nice tools at the house but in the truck I just got a cheap set from Napa that I think is made by everlast, my only gripe is that it is just a shallow set so I threw some deep sockets and wrenches in my tool box as well.

Jbehredt

WKR
I moved away from craftsman. Not clear where the brand and quality are going post sears collapse. I bought them for years because they were good but not great and the warranty was rock solid. These days...I don’t know.

I have a dewalt set and seem to be acquiring a lot of dewalt tools. Nothing has let me down yet. If I had a grip it would be that the socket set box is very bulky compared to the craftsman it replaced in my toool bag. The craftsman was not ideal though as it was mor of a rack than a box Andy sockets would fall out.

Sears sold “craftsman” to Stanley Black and Decker some time last year. Stanley Black and Decker is also the parent company of Dewalt.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Thank you. That looks like good. Do the sockets lock in place pretty well?

Yep everything does aside from the allen wrenches they are a little loose. But the rest locks in nicely.

I have been packing around a harbor freight set, 300ish pieces, quality is good enough for what is gets used for. Lots of stuff in the box, and stuff does stay put pretty well.

Sears sold “craftsman” to Stanley Black and Decker some time last year. Stanley Black and Decker is also the parent company of Dewalt.

Yes. Not to derail. There are now two lines both sold under the craftsman bran. You can get one at Ace hardware which is supposed to be comparable. The other, I am not sure.

Gr8bawana

WKR
I've had my Craftsman hand tools for about 40 years now and they have always been great. I was saddened to see new craftsman tools are now made in china. No thanks. Quality tools are not cheap but you can find many places like harbor freight selling cheap tools and you get exactly what you pay for.

colersu22

WKR
Edited because I didn’t scroll down enough through the pictures of the dewalt set.