Rattlesnake Bite

Nomad

Lil-Rokslider
I would drink my own piss, because it would be full of excellence.

On a slightly more serious note, 2 years ago I cut my first Colorado elk trip of the season short by a couple days and hunted in SE NM on the archery deer tag I had drawn. I keep a pair of snake guards in my truck at all times but took them out when packing because I had no intention of hunting NM when I left for Colorado. I had a couple magazines with me so I opened them up in the middle, wrapped them around my legs, and duct taped the hell out of them. Not super comfy (and very hot), but I felt like they would have provided enough protection had I been bitten.

I hiked in about 4 miles and sweated my ass off all day with few deer seen. Since I hadn't seen a snake all day I shed the "mag-guards" for the hike out and stepped right beside a surly ~4 footer at dusk with my truck in sight, about a mile away.

Wearing snake guards (even uncomfortable home made ones) is easy. Cleaning your britches out for the ride home is ... difficult.

I would drink my own piss, because it would be full of excellence.

On a slightly more serious note, 2 years ago I cut my first Colorado elk trip of the season short by a couple days and hunted in SE NM on the archery deer tag I had drawn. I keep a pair of snake guards in my truck at all times but took them out when packing because I had no intention of hunting NM when I left for Colorado. I had a couple magazines with me so I opened them up in the middle, wrapped them around my legs, and duct taped the hell out of them. Not super comfy (and very hot), but I felt like they would have provided enough protection had I been bitten.

I hiked in about 4 miles and sweated my ass off all day with few deer seen. Since I hadn't seen a snake all day I shed the "mag-guards" for the hike out and stepped right beside a surly ~4 footer at dusk with my truck in sight, about a mile away.

Wearing snake guards (even uncomfortable home made ones) is easy. Cleaning your britches out for the ride home is ... difficult.

I haven't encountered a snake while wearing snake guards yet but they sure did save my butt when I took a fall and slid downhill right into a cactus. I swear, everything in Arizona bites, scratches, stings or pokes.

ohoopee

WKR
Nurse told me the other day of a couple snake bites locally. Much more severe than usual in their symptoms.
I know its anecdotal in several ways but it was interesting. I despise few things in this world, venomous snakes are almost top of the list.