Nevada Draw Updates Thread, post here please

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Drew a desert bighorn ewe tag for 212 unexpected for sure. Seems like my hunts will be jammed together for an intense couple of weeks

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Drew a desert bighorn ewe tag for 212 unexpected for sure. Seems like my hunts will be jammed together for an intense couple of weeks

Cool! Not judging but curious why they offer ewe tags on a species with such limited opportunity?

all my applications were not successful.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cool! Not judging but curious why they offer ewe tags on a species with such limited opportunity?

all my applications were not successful.
I'm not sure on their management plan just a few states offer non residents a chance at a ewe tag though. I decided if I wanted to hunt derest sheep country in my lifetime it would have to be chasing a ewe. Since I won't have another sheep hunting experience to compare it to it'll be awesome

As crazy as it sounds there are some units in NV where the desert sheep are over the population objectives. As such they offer ewe tags in these units as well to try to reduce the sheep numbers.

slvrslngr

WKR
As crazy as it sounds there are some units in NV where the desert sheep are over the population objectives. As such they offer ewe tags in these units as well to try to reduce the sheep numbers.

^This.

As an aside, I drew a fat goose egg. My donation to NDOW makes me feel warm and fuzzy though. :)

JasonWi

WKR
Swing and a miss for me as well on deer, elk and antelope. I've got 8 points across the board, one of these years I'll finally draw the deer and antelope.

Gr8bawana

WKR
I drew a 101-109 late season rifle buck tag. This is the buck I got last time I hunted the same late season area in 2014. Already getting excited!

92dRKup.jpg

Outhunting

Lil-Rokslider
I drew a Archery Bull tag in 076-081, Mule deer Buck rifle hunt in 022 and an buck antelope Rifle tag in 032 that I hate to turn in but conflicts with my bull tag. That will make someone that is on the alternate list happy when they get the call for it. All of that coupled up with another Northern BC moose hunt in late September. Last year I was shut out so really looking forward to this fall.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Bwana that is some great looking country...that was one of the many choices I was denied in Nevada. All red on my screen.

I really like the new system though; I had a tough time sleeping last night so was checking occasionally and it looks like everything updated at 12:01 Las Vegas time. Good to know for next year to ease the stress. Just wake up and look for green. My email did not come until about 5:30 am eastern time.

I drew a 101-109 late season rifle buck tag. This is the buck I got last time I hunted the same late season area in 2014. Already getting excited!

Awesome Bawana. I also applied for that one, thinking it would be interesting given the unpredictable weather. But the Ruby Mountain are gorgeous anytime of year really.

Beautiful buck there. Thank you for sharing.

Zbot

WKR
Drew a late spike elk tag, nothing else for the wife or I. I was expecting an archery lope tag with the quota increases in my selected areas and with my points. Guess I drew the very last number there :).

Kinda surprised my wife didn't draw a deer tag, lots of points there.

I'm not complaining! ;).

WRO

WKR
I blanked, but one of my buddies got a 31 antelope and a late 111-115 bull tag.

Any tips on 111-115 for places to start would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

530Chukar

WKR
All red with the exception of a 072-075 late cow tag. Something fun to do in December/January anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
I am thinking about booking a cat hunt for this winter in NV, since i already have the license or maybe northern Idaho as i have a license there as well..

Good luck to all who drew Nv. Hopefully green sceen day comes in the next decade or so!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk