2018 wyoming governor’s bison tag raffle

2018 WYOMING GOVERNOR’S BISON TAG RAFFLE
Bowhunters of Wyoming (BOW) has been authorized by the Wyoming Wildlife Foundation (WWF) to raffle a 2018 Wyoming Governor’s Bison tag. BOW will offer 500 tickets at a cost of $50 per ticket with a 20 ticket limit per purchase on our website bowhuntersofwyoming.org/bisontagraffle. Tickets for this raffle can only be purchased online until midnight July 10th and the drawing will be held on July 12th in Rock Springs with Game & Fish Commissioner Mark Anselmi drawing the winning ticket. This Bison tag (archery or firearm) is good for a resident or non-resident for a Type 1 Any Bison in any of the three Bison Hunt areas open in 2018. The winner may keep the tag and hunt or they can transfer or sell the tag to another hunter. There is no fee for the tag but the hunter must purchase a Conservation tag and is responsible for securing any additional permits needed for certain area hunting (example—if hunting on the feed ground in Jackson – Check with Game & Fish in Jackson). This Governor’s Bison tag does not count toward the once in a lifetime rule for future Type 1 Bison tag drawings. People who have previously held a once in a lifetime Type 1 Any Bison Tag are still eligible to receive this Type 1 Any Bison tag. WWF will receive 70% of the funds generated from this raffle and BOW will receive the remaining 30%. All funds received by BOW will be used for wildlife projects in Wyoming.

For any other information you may contact Steve Martin at 307-350-0486 or by email at [email protected] or Susan Barrett at 307-655-9405 or by email at [email protected].

Thank you for participating in our fund raising raffle to support Wyoming’s Wildlife.

OP
S
Update, it’s only been running for 4 hours and we have already sold 130 tickets. If you are interested you will want to go to the website and buy your tickets very soon!

OP
S
UPDATE!! After the first day there has been 185 tickets sold of the 500 available.

Also just and FYI, Wyoming opened up a second area to hunt Buffalo in. The area is located just outside of Cody going towards Yellowstone. There were only 3 tags issues out during Wyoming's regular draw. This is a VERY easy area to hunt, and I would be willing to bet all three of those tags will be filled with B&C bulls. If you have any questions you can ask me here, or shoot me a call or text at 307-899-0834.

OP
S
Sorry for the long delay on the updates...It's been a busy week. As of last night there are 120 tickets left for this bison tag.

OP
S
Just found out all of the raffle tickets have been sold! Thank you to everyone purchased a ticket. For those who did buy a ticket the drawing is going to be held July 12th. As soon as I find out who’s name they drew I will let you know.

OP
S
UPDATE!!! so all 500 raffle tickets have been sold, and the Bowhunters of Wyoming will be doing the drawing on Wed June 27th at 1000. The Bowhunters of Wyoming will be doing a Facebook Live feed, so if you bought a ticket and want to watch as the do the drawing go to the Bowhunters of Wyoming Facebook page and follow along. Best of luck to everyone, if you do win the ticket, get in touch with me either on here or 307-899-0834. I'll help point you in the right direction and I'd be more than happy to help you out "guiding" for free.

OP
S
So the winner was just announced and his name is Joshua Begin from Connecticut...I hope it was some one here from Rokslide that purchased the ticket. If you did, hit me up, Id be more than happy to help you out.

AustinL911

Lil-Rokslider
So the winner was just announced and his name is Austin Long from Ohio...I hope it was some one here from Rokslide that purchased the ticket. If you did, hit me up, Id be more than happy to help you out.

I'm on here! I'll PM you my address and you can just go ahead and mail it to me. KThx!

thanks guys I'm really shocked, never thought I'd win, I figured I was just making a donation. This would be my first western hunt, to be honest I've only been out of New England a handful of times. I need to start researching gear, when and where to hunt. Also considering if i should go with a guide.

McGilvra

Lil-Rokslider
thanks guys I'm really shocked, never thought I'd win, I figured I was just making a donation. This would be my first western hunt, to be honest I've only been out of New England a handful of times. I need to start researching gear, when and where to hunt. Also considering if i should go with a guide.

Wow, congrats! Keep us updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
Thats a once in a lifetime tag. If you have the means to hire a outfitter considering your new to the entire experience and as well as the logistics involved, seriously consider it.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

wyosteve

WKR
Congrats. One tip I'd give is be very flexible with your schedule. Bison movement onto open season areas can be highly weather dependent, i.e. needs snow. Typically Dec./Jan. turns out to be the best time frame.

wytx

WKR
Thats a once in a lifetime tag. If you have the means to hire a outfitter considering your new to the entire experience and as well as the logistics involved, seriously consider it.

This tag does not count towards the once in a lifetime tag.
You do not need an outfitter or a guide but they would be helpful. We have 3 cow bison from Wyoming hunts, I'll help with advice if wanted.
You'll need to get a hunt permit through the drawing for the NER, but you'll want to hunt area 3 perhaps for a really old, big bull.
If you want great meat go for a cow, 4-7 years old. Hunt late for a nice hide, early for a big bull and to avoid snow.
Jackson is a neat spot over Christmas and New years, some affordable lodging for hunters ask for the hunters rate at some hotels.

Trial153

WKR
This tag does not count towards the once in a lifetime tag.
You do not need an outfitter or a guide but they would be helpful.

For a non resident it might as well be. Odds of a non resident to ever pull that tag again are slim to none

OP
S
No need for a guide...Area 3 is actually open this year for hunting. There are about 25 bulls that winter alone the North Fork River. In fact there are almost 8 bulls that live there year round now. No need to be flexiable with dates like you do down in Jackson. I will be willing to bet he shoots a Booner in area 3 with in 2 days. This is coming from a guy who lives and hunts that area. I would love to get an Area 3 tag, but they only issued 3 tags for that area. This is the first year they opened it for hunting in years.