Powder (Water Mix) Recommendations for Backpack Hunt

Any recommendations for something to pour in/mix with water?

Could be just for flavor or with some sort of electrolyte/performance additive

Open to any suggestions

Nuun tablets, Crystal light, strike force packets, Walmart brand drink mix packets, I run a combo of this stuff

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I use the Propel Drink Mixes if Im not using my Wilderness Athlete. They are my Favorite.

Squirrels

WKR
I like the grape propel, I tried some Nuun tablets and I did not like them at all. Just try whatever before you just throw it in you pack before you go.

Scoony

Lil-Rokslider
Back in my Army days we used simple ORS (oral rehydration salts) packets that you get in the baby food section. Those things worked the charm on long range movements. The Medics would get them through the supply system and issue them out.

I personally don't care for flavored water so they work for me.

Look into Scivation xtend or amino energy. Both are loaded with BCAA and are great for hydration. Bodybuilding.com or GNC has them for BOGO deals often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you want just electrolyte replacement the nuun tablets are good. the flavor they impart on your water is pretty mild. if you want a little boost they make an energy version, or maybe try the optimum nutrition amino energy. that stuff packs a little caffiene kick and will make your water taste like koolaid.

Emergen-C makes a couple of electrolyte powder with two flavors of slightly different chemistry that I use...Orange and lemon lime. They certainly help keep my leg cramping issues to a minimum, YMMV.