Honesty sucks!

Ridge Runner

Lil-Rokslider
Had my AR stolen last fall. Good news is Cops recovered it and busted the dirt bag who stole it. After almost 6 months I was able to pick it up last Friday. The guy opens the case on the other side of the glass and there's my AR along with another scope in the case. I automatically say that's not my scope. As he's pulls it out I ask him what it is (its painted camo so I can't tell). Turns out it's a Zeiss Conquest variable with ballistic turrets. Looks like about $1200 new. Cr*p that would have been a nice offset for the loss of use on my AR. Oh well!

CorbLand

WKR
I feel your pain. Kid that lives right behind me stole $600 worth of duck hunting stuff while I was gone. You have no idea how badly I want to burn his pickup to the ground but in the end its not worth it.

OP
Ridge Runner

Ridge Runner

Lil-Rokslider
I can't encourage everyone enough to have records of all your firearms with serial #'s stored somewhere. I am convinced having the serial # is the only reason I got my rifle back.

twall13

WKR
I can't encourage everyone enough to have records of all your firearms with serial #'s stored somewhere. I am convinced having the serial # is the only reason I got my rifle back.

This is good advice, and really easy to do. Take a picture and store it on the cloud, easy peace of mind.

trslabaugh

Lil-Rokslider

Agree! Living in tornado land, I update my list yearly if I've added some items. It not only helps recover an item, but can help replace it through insurance.

OP
Ridge Runner

Ridge Runner

Lil-Rokslider
This is good advice, and really easy to do. Take a picture and store it on the cloud, easy peace of mind.

Actually was really important for recovery as I had to prove ownership. Was much more difficult to get it back then it was to buy it originally.

You must have a record of those serial numbers. An employee of mine had a Kimber 1911 stolen out of his truck while it was parked in an ally at a jobsite mid day. It was his late fathers and irreplaceable. He was able to report it stolen along with the serial number. Two years later in Oregon a sheriff picked up a guy for domestic abuse and asked the victim if there way anything else he should know about and she said there was a gun stashed in the closet and it probably wasn't his. My guy got a phone call and his dad's 1911 back.

That and video evidence of everything. video your safe and each weapon individually showing the serial numbers. Of course this is true with all items of value.

Whisky

WKR
I'm still waiting for the phone call saying my 22 pistol and suppressor turned up in the hands of a piece of shit.

Copy your serial numbers down and take pictures of your firearms. A "picture is truly worth a thousand words"! Keep copies for yourself and on your computer, and also make sure your insurance guy has a copy of these.

2ski

WKR
Call the manufacturer and report it stolen too. I had my ruger .270 stolen and called them. If the gun turned up where the serial # was reported to them for some work, they would see it was stolen. I got it back a couple weeks later. Someone had left it outside an apartment building and the manager called the cops.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sounds like honesty was the right choice to me :)

Right? I agree 100%. Why lie like that?

Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking. And as hunters, we need to have a lot because we can do bad things when no one is looking. And when one of those dirtbag poachers gets caught, they make us all look bad.

To the OP, I hope that you were just kidding, right?