Good guy with gun

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
There is one solid fact that cannot be denied by the liberals. And that is "normal everyday American citizens are just about ALWAYS the first people on the scene of a crime". There is only one way to stop crime in its tracks as it is happening, and that's by normal everyday citizens taking action......period. It's time to take our country back, and rid it of the scum that has infiltrated it. The government can't do it, the police can't do it, the judicial system has no interest in doing it.......WE have to do it.

The shooter sounds like he had some sort of mental issue based on his erratic behavior. If that is the case I feel bad that he is dead.

I am happy that a CCW holder was able to step in and put an end to it so quickly. That is totally justified and he or she should be marked as a hero. This makes the case for a CCW holder to be armed and familiar with the gun they carry.

I bet this story will run for 1 day because it was tied off so neatly. There are no controversial facts to be picked apart with a fine tooth comb and the body count wasn't high enough to push an agenda.

I would hope when something like this happens we could just get on with our lives and not even think about having to use it as positive publicity. A threat was presented, the threat was eliminated by a responsible gun owner, everyone goes home. I hate that we need to go on the offensive.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I hate that we need to go on the offensive.

We "shouldn't" have to. This should be what happens every time this kind of stuff comes up........you nip it in the bud and stop it immediately, when it rears it's ugly head. THAT should be the normal......not gun-free zones with dozens of people getting mowed down with absolutely no chance of anyone being able to stop it. Then throw in the left's constant attempts to restrict our rights to freedom and liberty, and that's what we're up against these days, so we do have to go on the offensive. Anymore, the criminals and the nutjobs have more rights than everyday law-abiding citizens.

Beendare

WKR
There are as many as 3 million cases a year of 'Defensive gun use' in the US....the vast majority go unreported.

It seems most bad guys know enough to run when they have a weapon pointed at them....and most folks wielding a gun to protect themselves never have to pull the trigger. This is lost on the liberal politicians pushing to take away legal guns but of course the bad guys will still have them.

So in this day and age where you have to file a stolen vehicle report ONLINE the cops won't even come out to write a report [Oakland, Ca]....none of this stuff gets reported.

Wiki page to defensive gun use...interesting read. I particularly liked the Harvard study claiming defensive gun use is inflated.... they only used data reported to police......oh boy, that Harvard education doesn't buy you much common sense these days, eh?
Defensive gun use - Wikipedia

Pro953

WKR
There are as many as 3 million cases a year of 'Defensive gun use' in the US....the vast majority go unreported.

It seems most bad guys know enough to run when they have a weapon pointed at them....and most folks wielding a gun to protect themselves never have to pull the trigger. This is lost on the liberal politicians pushing to take away legal guns but of course the bad guys will still have them.

So in this day and age where you have to file a stolen vehicle report ONLINE the cops won't even come out to write a report [Oakland, Ca]....none of this stuff gets reported.

Wiki page to defensive gun use...interesting read. I particularly liked the Harvard study claiming defensive gun use is inflated.... they only used data reported to police......oh boy, that Harvard education doesn't buy you much common sense these days, eh?
Defensive gun use - Wikipedia

Beendare, Just curious. If not police data, what type of data should they use for the study, random polling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
Beendare, Just curious. If not police data, what type of data should they use for the study, random polling?

You didn't read the link did you?

I tried to walk you through it in my post.....the VAST MAJORITY OF THESE DEFENSIVE GUN USE CASES GO UNREPORTED....that sir...is a fact.

Its supported by multiple studies including one done by the CDC....that the liberal idiots in charge refused to release to the general public because it didn't suit their agenda. Obama initiated the question in the study to prove that the other studies proving millions of cases in the US were bogus....instead the CDC study verified it.OOPS.

If you don't think there is liberal bias....just read their reasons for not releasing....and the corresponding proof of their bias.
(IMHO, a guy has to read these studies with a critical eye.
Example; I have a PHD relative currently doing these "Studies" [PHD in Women's studies/ arrrg] I can tell you her bias in these studies is off the chart)

Same thing will happen with the OP's defensive handgun incident....it will get tossed off as an outlier...insignificant by the liberal politicians that are preconditioned to, "All guns are bad"

I'm curious why their weapons were in their vehicles and not on them? Maybe Oklahoma is like Kentucky, where I can't carry my pistol into a place that derives the majority of its income from alcohol sales.

What they did was a very honorable thing and they should be rewarded. I wonder what their response time would have been, if their weapons were on them, and not locked in the car?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk